Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Good read....

BANNED

"Give them a pet dog"

LMAO at that amazing unintentional Inhumans shade.

Quote Originally Posted by jignat View Post
    In honor of the 25th anniversary of this show, Hollywood Reporter did a retrospective feature

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...on-hit-1052263
    Wow. Has it really been 25 years since this show debuted? It's pretty amazing, especially given how big an impact this show eventually had on the future of Marvel, Fox, and superhero movies. This show was a gateway to comic for many, myself included. For that reason, it'll always be special to X-men fans.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    "Give them a pet dog"

LMAO at that amazing unintentional Inhumans shade.
    Typical Marvel, always trying to over merchandise everything. Thankfully the producers and writers of the show did not sell out. We saw the consequences of selling out in that awful 90s Avengers show.

Happy 25th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Talking Happy Halloween!!!

..and a very happy 25th anniversary X-Men: The Animated Series!

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    X-Men: The Animated Series

A change is coming. A new breed of man, gifted with strange and frightening powers, has emerged. Many of these mutants believe they should rule—and that open conflict with the human majority is inevitable.
    Hated and feared by those they've sworn to protect, one group stands in defense of a world on the brink of genetic war. Cyclops. Wolverine. Storm. Jean Grey. Rogue. Beast. Gambit. Jubilee. Students of Professor Charles Xavier.
    Mutants all, children of the atom who have banded together to defend their kind from prejudice and persecution. United, they form a team dedicated to bringing humanity together in peace.
    Stan Lee presents… X-Men: The Animated Series.

At the height of the X-Men's popularity in the (love or hate) 90s era, Fox debuted X-Men: The Animated Series on Oct 31st, 1992.
    The series was Marvel's second attempt to at animated X-Men after their failed "Pryde of the X-Men".
    The series was developed around the Claremont/Byrne/Cockrum era, using Jim Lee's designs, set in the (then) modern 90s using the main comic cast at that time.
    During this five season run they retold many classic X-Stories:
    Phoenix Saga, Proteus, Dark Phoenix Saga, Days of Future Past, Fall of the Mutants, X-tinction Agenda, Mutant Genesis, Phalanx Covenant, Age of Apocalypse, etc.
    The series ended on Sept 20th, 1997.

The animated series is Marvel's longest running cartoon at 76 episodes. Spider-Man: The Animated series comes in second with 65 episodes,
    including a two part episode "Mutant Agenda" which brings the animated X-Men cast over to the Spider-Man cartoon. Storm, would later return in the final season for a "Secret Wars" four part episode.

The show was both acclaimed and commercially successful. Along with Batman: The Animated Series, the series success helped launch numerous comic book shows in the 1990s.
    In its prime, X-Men garnered very high ratings for a Saturday morning cartoon, and like Batman: The Animated Series,
    it received wide critical praise for its portrayal of many different storylines from the comics and adult themes.

In 2009, IGN ranked X-Men as the 13th greatest animated show of all time in their Top 100 list, the third-highest standing for a comic book-adapted show on the list.

The show also ranks in at 106 on IMDB's Highest Rated TV Shows with At Least 5,000 Votes. A spin-off titled "X-Men Adventures" ran along side the series and printed the retold cartoon episodes in comic form.
    The entire series is now available on DVD, but prior it was one of the most requested TV on DVDs.

Many fanboys and non-fanboys alike credit the series as their first exposure to the X-Men.
    The cast remains to be the most well known X-team to date, as well as some of the most well known comic characters.
    Celebrate, appreciate, and love not hate the best there is at what they do, the strangest teens of all... X-Men: The Animated Series!
    Hear, hear!

We need TAS to return with new episodes continuing onward with all of the team members!

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    ..and a very happy 25th anniversary X-Men: The Animated Series!

Hear, hear!
    It's amazing to think it has been that long since this show debuted. I feel so old now. This show, along with the Spider-Man cartoon, is a big reason why I got into comics. It will always have a special place in my heart. Given how Marvel is resisting any attempt to put the X-men in a cartoon, video game, or what not, this show's place in the history of X-men is all the more special.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Well, yes, it does age us 25 years. I know that feeling, MarvelMaster, lol! But just think, we were there when this great showed premiered! That should help a little.

Hardcovers for Previously On X-Men: The Making of an Animated Series are currently up for pre-order on the publisher's website. According to this interview, paperback and Kindle versions should be available on Amazon eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Hardcovers for Previously On X-Men: The Making of an Animated Series are currently up for pre-order on the publisher's website. According to this interview, paperback and Kindle versions should be available on Amazon eventually.
    Good to know! Hope to get my own copy soon .

this was such a great show. It turned many kids on to who the x-men were and their powers. it made gambit and jubilee big characters. everything about this show was amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Well, yes, it does age us 25 years. I know that feeling, MarvelMaster, lol! But just think, we were there when this great showed premiered! That should help a little.
    I remember the candy tasting a lot sweeter that year.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I remember the candy tasting a lot sweeter that year.
    Ahahaha. The sun also shone a little brighter...

I also remember The Phoenix Saga being aired on Sunday morning with more than one episode. Usually it was on Saturdays.