BANNED

Default Will Spider-Man get rebooted one day?

I am wondering if one day they will reboot spider man and he will become a high school student once again.

You could argue they did that with Ultimate

But if you the mainstream 616 Spidey, I almost hope they do. If nothing else it would also wipe away OMD
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    You could argue they did that with Ultimate

But if you the mainstream 616 Spidey, I almost hope they do. If nothing else it would also wipe away OMD
    Heck, OMD was kind of a reboot in some ways, and in what it accomplished.

Characters back from the dead, new status quo, characters regressing to an earlier period in their life, and a swingin' single MC? Sounds like a comic book reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Heck, OMD was kind of a reboot in some ways, and in what it accomplished.

Characters back from the dead, new status quo, characters regressing to an earlier period in their life, and a swingin' single MC? Sounds like a comic book reboot.
    I think it was the means of that particular reboot that made it so infamous with many

But yes, I think Marvel does plenty of reboots and retcons. It's just a matter of scale. IMO, of course.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

No, he's not getting rebooted. Where he's at is a good place to still tell youthful stories. Miles filling that role, etc.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

One day? I can see it happening one day. Any time soon? Don't think so but we'll see I guess.

It's possible.

Probably not any time soon.

Right now Marvel seems to like the idea that Spider-Man's been a hero for at least several years within their universe.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Characters coming back from the dead doesn't exactly count as a reboot. Retcon, sure.

I can't see an actual reboot coming any time soon, if ever.

Ultimate universe was the closest we've come to a reboot, but they cheated by putting it in a different universe. I really think that Spider-Man had a great foundation with Lee/Ditko and that was proven by failed attempts to mess with it (Chapter One). You do not simply reboot Spider-Man.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

No, I can't see Spider-Man getting rebooted unless Marvel decides to reboot their entire universe (which they aren't), it looks like Miles is taking the spotlight (which I'm fine with), with Peter as his mentor. I'm just thinking that now is the perfect time to restore Peter and MJ's marriage.

BANNED

They will, the movie should demand Marvel comic lore fit the current generation of Peter. Miles is gonna tank.

It will happen again eventually.

I think now would be the best time. There really is no interesting direction with Peter Parker right now, and a lot of his supporting cast is in ruins right now. I say just leave Silk and Spider-Gwen alone and just reboot most of Peter's world.

Fantastic Member

By the definition of reboot, the Ultimate-verse was one.
    I give it another decade or two for things to go stale or for them to decide to do the whole free of continuity thing again.