Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

IMO, it depends on whether Slott would continue writting Peter Parker or not. If yes, then please cancel Amazing Spider-Man and let Miles replace him. If we get someone better in Slott's place, then keep both Amazing and Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Seriously, why are some acting like Peter is dead again when we've seen clear evidence that he's still around, and the news article itself states that Peter is not dead?
    What, you expect people not to just immediately REACT but to stop and think things through logically on the internet?
    You want them to use provable facts, too, I bet.

You are sooooooooooo last century!

BANNED

To be fair, they're gonna want all the attention on this title. Meaning no Amazing to distract sales. So Peter may be around, just not in the foreground. At least for the time being.

No guarantee, of course. They may do Amazing alongside adjectiveless. But Cap and Thor prove a different kinda method to Marvel's madness.

Miles comes from a world where for him to become Spider-Man his Peter had to "die" and as such we haven't had many opportunities for Miles to work with Peter aside from Spider-Men and once when his Peter returned. It's been said in the announcement that Peter would serve in a mentor to Miles so no reason for Miles to replace Peter (again). There's room enough in anew York for both.

BANNED

Spider-Man's brand is defined by Peter Parker alone.

Just like Clark Kent/Kal-El is Superman and Bruce Wayne is Batman.

Substitutions are just fads for new generational curiosity. Someone in the head Marvel offices, will have to get the clue that Peter is a global symbol of the company and is deservedly worth to stand head and shoulders above everyone in the Marvel line up.

Not really.

That being said, I wouldn't mind.

If there will still be an Amazing Spider-man title with Peter Parker, what makes Miles the "main" Spider-man?

BANNED

Why can't Peter and Miles co-exist (and join the dozen other Spider-characters they have running around)? I don't see why it must be one or the other.

Even though I enjoy Peter Parker as Spider-Man, I've never bothered to pick up any of his solo books. I'll definitely buy Miles' post Secret Wars book though, I think making him the "main" Spidey and having Peter mentor him is a natural progression and an interesting storyline. I'm all for change, if it's written and handled well, unlike say the recent retconning of the Maximoff twins' lineage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Probably fortunate then that Peter still has his own book in Amazing Spider-Man.

Seriously, why are some acting like Peter is dead again when we've seen clear evidence that he's still around, and the news article itself states that Peter is not dead?
    The guy you're quoting didn't say Peter was dead though. Why do you use strawman arguments in every thread? Why don't you argue with what people are saying, rather than what you think they're saying?

For miles to be the main Spider-Man they can't have a book with Peter because most fans would buy that book and the miles one would fail. So Peter will just be a background character which means I am out

I don't like Peter being sidelined (if that is indeed what happens), however I love the character of Miles thus I'll give the concept a chance before I pass judgment.

HELL TO THE FRICKING NO. PETER IS SPIDERMAN. HANDS DOWN. I love Miles, but they are really pushing it with this diversity. I'm fine with Peter mentoring Miles, but does he have to completely retire the mask? I will not accept that. And If he does retires, there is no damn excuse that he can't be married. I'm not talking about MJ, but with other women. Why can they both be Spider-man in this new universe?
    Last edited by Wandacrystal22; 06-21-2015 at 02:36 PM.

Coexistence could be interesting, although I'm curious about Miles's background (his stories in Ultimate Spider-Man are built on a different continuity.)

But Miles Morales should not replace Peter Parker.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Even though I enjoy Peter Parker as Spider-Man, I've never bothered to pick up any of his solo books. I'll definitely buy Miles' post Secret Wars book though, I think making him the "main" Spidey and having Peter mentor him is a natural progression and an interesting storyline. I'm all for change, if it's written and handled well, unlike say the recent retconning of the Maximoff twins' lineage.
    That Magneto retcon made me RAGE. MCU dickriding at it's finest!!