Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Never been interested in Miles to be honest so if they sideline Peter I'll just wait until they bring him back.

Why not have both, I admit I'd rather their was only one Spider-Man in the 616 and I still stand by it along with kill all the redundant clones or copies, but if faced with the reality fine let their be both. Old school fans get Peter and new fans get Miles.

Amazing Member

NO. Spider-Man is Peter Parker. His story is as much about Peter as it is about Spidey (if not more). Turning Spidey into a legacy character would go against the character's essence. It was okay to have Miles replace him in an alternate universe, but that's about it. In fact, I'll be bothered if Miles goes by the name Spider-Man in 616. He should change his name to Spider-Boy or something like that if you ask me.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio1989 View Post
    Why not have both, I admit I'd rather their was only one Spider-Man in the 616 and I still stand by it along with kill all the redundant clones or copies, but if faced with the reality fine let there be both. Old school fans get Peter and new fans get Miles.
    I agree with this statement.
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Spectacular Member

I don't hate or like Miles but I rather have Kaine and/or Ben Reilly with Peter than Miles and Peter. To me, Miles should of stayed in the ultimate universe and the universes should of remained separate.

I think this is an interesting idea worth giving a try. If you're going to bring Miles over to the MCU, it makes sense to give him a prominent role, and if Peter was the active Spider-Man, Miles would always be just another Spider-character (especially since there's Silk, Gwen, and other Spider-characters running around out there at the moment). In the end Peter will eventually return to take center stage, as he always does, but this could be an interesting temporary status quo.

The timing is a little awkward though, since Peter just came back after Superior, only to be (potentially) sidelined again.

BANNED

Miles is a fad people, Peter is not a character you pass on that easily and theres nothing in all of the characters history that shows he should be considering he hasn't really done the things legacy characters do when warranting a pass the torch aspect and that's actually being a successful superhero to be worthy of setting the standard for your protégée to pass on. Peter unlike Cap still hasn't saved the universe or even managed to save his own dignity from Mephisto. Yeah he's not even close to being Miles Bucky to his Cap.

I think it's a good thing, especially for Peter. With Miles as Spider-Man (and I'm pretty sure Peter will still be Spider-Man, too) Peter will be married again, he'll get to keep Parker Industries instead of becoming a loser again every couple of years, and MayDay will finally be born. We'll also see Peter, who has been in the hero biz longer than damn near anybody else in the Marvel Universe, in a mentor role. I hadn't read Miles until his most recent series since I don't read Ultimate books, and he's too good a character to be wasted on the Ultimate Universe IMO.

Amazing Member

My problem with this is the fact that I've always read Spider-Man because I was invested in the character of Peter Parker. Unlike Superman who has the facade of Clark Kent, Peter Parker comes before Spider-Man with all his problems and failures successes and triumphs. I'm not invested in the character of "Spider-Man", I'm invested in Peter Parker himself.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Z View Post
    NO. Spider-Man is Peter Parker. His story is as much about Peter as it is about Spidey (if not more). Turning Spidey into a legacy character would go against the character's essence. It was okay to have Miles replace him in an alternate universe, but that's about it. In fact, I'll be bothered if Miles goes by the name Spider-Man in 616. He should change his name to Spider-Boy or something like that if you ask me.
    As the above says...NO..Peter Parker is Spider-Man, the one and only...I take the new title with miles in as an insult...if the UU is destined to end (failed universe with failed characters) why should miles come over to 616? Obviously I'm not a fan...and all new avengers pisses me off too, with three brats joining the ranks...disneytime or what?

I'm only interested in the amazing Spider-Man if it continues and will not buy into any other insidious version introduced!

Here's a better question: should Miles be stationed in a new city? Is there a new place that can house a SPider-man?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Here's a better question: should Miles be stationed in a new city? Is there a new place that can house a SPider-man?
    Well, Kaine seemed to operate alright in Houston, barring the occasional difficulty finding something to web-swing on .