View Poll Results: Which Longshot(s) do you like best?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nocenti & Adams ('Longshot Limited Series')

10 55.56%
  • Claremont & Silvestri ('Uncanny X-Men')

10 55.56%
  • Vaughan & Immonen ('Ultimate X-Men')

0 0%
  • DeMatteis & Zulli ('Longshot One-Shot')

0 0%
  • Hastings & Camagni ('Longshot saves the Marvel Universe')

2 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Just-baked by Dad Art:

Seriously, nobody does it like him. These eyes which are looking at us are Longshot's.

BANNED

I agree

BANNED

Default Sequential banners: Longshot #1-6

To me, this was a cool thing to do! To me, Marvel comics is to make use of this with every limited series they put out.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

To me, this was a cool thing to do! To me, Marvel comics is to make use of this with every limited series they put out.
    They're simply great, especially the fifth one: I wouldn't mind a T-shirt or a cup or a cushion with them --it's pop-art! I recall once I saw a .gif someone made with them, so it seemed that Gog was gradually growing and Longshot was changing his expression.

Early The New Mutants used to play with the corner boxes, too, as much in McLeod's run as mainly in Siencki's run (oh those Demon Bear covers!).
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 11-01-2015 at 03:41 AM.

From Favorite Male X-Man Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    NUMBER 26

With a total of 68 points and one #1 vote

LONGSHOT
    Just one position left to make the top 25, but still GREAT!!! I'm pleasantly surprised! (Guess who vote the #1 ? ).

http://joeymasonart.tumblr.com/post/...its-a-longshot

BANNED

Default Longshot ONE OF THE WINNERS OF STREET FIGHTERS!

Lucky Longshot for the win.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 11-09-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Absolutely splendid tribute to Longshot #4 by Ben Caldwell:

http://bencaldwellart.tumblr.com/pos...ng-comic-event

It's the first innovative version of Longshot I've seen for long (although the gabardine looks too "Gambit"). It's giving me a hint to recover and develop a design I was brooding over years ago, aside of Longshot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    You mean he's not in? What a shame!
    That's okay. PAD did okay with Longshot, but the original miniseries is more than enough in my opinion. Let it stand as a classic. That's what people should be encouraged to enjoy. Not the derivative products.

I pretty much agree with you. The original mini is a rare gem, IMHO (you can have it conscientously scrutinized -and overread, LOL- in Loving the Alien: Longshot Appreciation). It's enough to develop its own narrative universe by itself (it did it in the X-franchise), and I will never complain enough for the lack of that Graphic Novel which presumably would cover the "last years" and which Nocenti & Adams left half-done due to several commitments and impediments.

I think that most of people prefer Claremont's Longshot not just because obviously X-Men was the most popular title and they met him there (probably many of them didn't ever read the former LS), but because after the second(?) mindwipping Longshot showed as an even more adorable being, in spite of his bluntness. Nocenti's Longshot, however, had got scars which were hidden even for himself: a shadow of roughness deep down his eyes, which could be disturbing.

PAD's Longshot was nothing more than a constant source of cheap sexual jokes (some of them very funny, I gotta admit). I felt betrayed when I saw how his best traits (daring, lack of bias, sensuality, freshness) were stolen to put them on Shatterstar and to make him the superpopular character he is now. I did like the resolution of their relationship, though, because the notion of the loop is very close to Longshot's essence, and because I find the idea of him having a baby (and a baby who's Shatterstar!) with Dazzler SO disagreeable that I rather have a messy clone story where almost everybody lost their memories of it than a happy family ending (the farther away each other, the better).

Regarding to other "derivatives" --I've simply removed from my head "certain" Longshot's appearances during the 90's... ¬ ¬

But you've said the final word: "Longshot: the LS" is already a classic by itself, and those six issues are more than enough to enjoy not just a character, but a once-in-a-lifetime gift conjunction and an out of the schemes storyline.
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 11-12-2015 at 03:51 AM.

WARNING!

This thread will be closed at the end of December 31st 2015 --that is, when the 30th year from Longshot's first appearance in Marvel comic-books (in issue #1 of his own and homonymous Limited Series, dated at September 1985) came to its final.

I started this thread as a temporary celebration, but now I'll rather forward your new posts to the main thread Loving the Alien: Longshot Appreciation, in order to not scatter the info and contributions (that would be too bad).

So, gals & guys, if you want to commemorate our favorite extradimensional kid's birthday, do it here and now. In 2016, we will be seeing us at the main thread.

Longshot wishes all comic lovers a merry Christmas!

Default Poll final results + End of the thread

OK, true believers, here's the result of the poll. For a change, I'm not illustrating it with the usual Longshot's happy smiling snapshots, but with some other in which we can see him in a grave or even angry mood. As Longshot has his temper, too, and he uses to show it mainly in incidents that have to do with sorta loss of independence, sovereignity or free will --not for nothing he knows what it means to be a slave.

FIRST POSITION: Ex aequo with 10 points, "weird anarchist" Longshot (Nocenti & Adams) and "loving scatterbrained" Longshot (Claremont & Silvestri)

SECOND POSITION: With 2 points, "gay friendly" Longshot (Hastings & Camagni)

THIRD POSITION: With no points at all , "liar killer" Longshot (Vaughan & Immonen) and "poetic vagabond" Longshot (DeMatteis & Zulli)

Now I think I should have included in the poll X-Factor Longshot. I didn't because I think PAD pretty wasted the chance of doing something good with him (quite the contrary, he plundered him in order to uplift Shatterstar) --neither this series artists achieved a new look (that haircut!). But I guess that having set up Longshot's origin in the end is quite something.

So, here comes to an end the celebration of Longshot's 30th anniversary. Many many many thanks to all of you who took part in it. This thread will be closed, but...