Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEWS: "Age of Apocalypse," "Civil War" & More Marvel Comics on Sale July 8, 2015

The action on Battleworld heats up with "Inferno," "Spider-Island," "Squadron Sinister," "Secret Wars 2099," "1872" and more from Marvel.

Full article here.

Age of Apocalypse #1
    Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #2
    Inferno #3
    Secret Wars 2099 #3
    Spider-Island #1
    Spider-Verse #3

Nice week!
    1872 #1
    Civil War #1
    Avengers Assemble Season Two #9
    Master Of Kung Fu #3
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Naw, you already fooled us once. So you expect us to buy "Old Man Logan (Secret Wars)", and then the relaunched "Old Man Logan (vol 2)" with a new team, and repeat for any of the minis that sold well. So, a de facto beta test, that we PAY for, instead of being PAID for?! Yeah, no.

I have to say being a Havok fan I'm loving this Secret Wars Event. Between Age of Apocalypse, Inferno. and X-tinction Agenda it's awesome!

Yessss, Civil War! Finally.

I'll be grabbing:

Age of Apocalypse #1
    Civil War #1
    Star Wars: Lando #1
    and possibly Spider Island #1
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
    Naw, you already fooled us once. So you expect us to buy "Old Man Logan (Secret Wars)", and then the relaunched "Old Man Logan (vol 2)" with a new team, and repeat for any of the minis that sold well. So, a de facto beta test, that we PAY for, instead of being PAID for?! Yeah, no.
    If someone is enjoying the current OML series, set in Battleworld, and then wants to read the new OML series set in the new MU, there's no "fooling" or trickery involved on Marvel's part. Marvel is publishing a comic that some readers may be interested in due to the character or the creative team or both. The series set during SW is one story in an of itself. The series that will start post-SW is another thing. One could buy one or the other or both - or neither - but in any instance, it's a matter of a reader choosing whether or not to buy a book on the simple grounds of "do I want to read this?", the same as they would with any title.

Why would Marvel (or any company) pay their customers for the comic that they've produced and that readers have a choice of whether or not to buy? If the book isn't of interest to someone, they'd pass it by, of course. If it is of interest to someone and their sole reason for not purchasing it is that it's a mini series to be followed by an ongoing...well, that's just absurd. By no logic does that make sense.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 07-02-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Back on the trot after last week's slowness.

Buying in print:
    Inferno #3 (Domino IS a keeper!)
    Civil War #1 (really hoping I don't regret this)
    Age of Apocalypse #1 (mmmmm '90s om nom nom)
    Ghost Racers #2 (oh hey Zadkiel, how you doin')
    Secret Wars 2099 #3 (wonder who's gonna mock Hawkeye next)

Buying digital:
    Master of Kung Fu #3 (not really sure why I don't get this in print but it's been good so far)
    Lando #1 (LANDO <3 )
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Age of Apocalypse - My inner 90s kid is screaming with stupid glee at the art-style (yes, I do appreciate Sandoval art, when used for the right stories)
    Runaways #2
    Mrs. Deadpool and the Howling Commandos #2

All digital, because Aussie import tax is stupid high. Digitally, my credit card is tied to my home country and way cheaper without the conversion rates I have to deal with here.

Inferno #3 : Man I love Hopeless! This book is just full of win.

2099: Defenders!

Age of Apocalypse: Oh that awesome 90's look and feel. And Fabian, youve been missed.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

The only Marvel comics I bought this week were Darth Vader #7 and Princess Leia #5.

Darth Vader has consistently been my favorite 3.99 cover priced comic I've been buying monthly since Aphra and Triple Zero's debut, now that Samurai Jack has ended and Spider-Gwen finished its first volume. I read the first issue of Princess Leia when it first came out, but wanted to wait till all five issues came out to read the rest.

Next week I'll just be buying the first issues of Lando and Spider-Island from Marvel, then most likely wait for the rest in trades. Looking forward to the first issues of Archie and Invader Zim next week too!

Trade waiting: 1872, Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows, Max Ride: First Flight, Spider-Verse, and maybe Civil War and Runaways. I haven't read the original Civil War and Runaways yet, but they are both high on my list for must-read Marvel comics.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Inferno #3
    Age of Apocalypse #1 (love the use of the AOL X-men logo
    X-Men Forever

Age of Apocalypse #1
    Civil War #1
    Inferno #3
    Spider-Island #1

I was going to get Renew Your Vows, but after the announcement earlier this week with Spider-Man I have no desire to put myself through that kind of disappointment.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #2
    Secret Wars: 2099 #3

Just Mrs. Deadpool #2, but I'll probably check out Age of Apocalypse because it's Nicieza.