Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Once you go X, they sort of own you. Even if all you did was walk them through security a couple times and then hitch a ride into space. They're just clingy.
    Why, just look at Mystique. You wouldn't even know that she was supposed to be Carol's nemesis before the X-books sucked her in and never let her go. I would love for the new writer to get Mysti out of the mutant quagmire and back to making Carol miserable on a more-regular basis.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Marjorie Liu and the Allreds pleasekthanksbye

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Why, just look at Mystique. You wouldn't even know that she was supposed to be Carol's nemesis before the X-books sucked her in and never let her go. I would love for the new writer to get Mysti out of the mutant quagmire and back to making Carol miserable on a more-regular basis.
    Is there any character Claremont created in a subsequently canceled book he didn't then move over to X-Men?

Extraordinary Member

Why, just look at Mystique. You wouldn't even know that she was supposed to be Carol's nemesis before the X-books sucked her in and never let her go.
    Someone argued, I forget who, that the Hellfire club story in X-Men was originally intended for Carol in Ms. Marvel. (It's Claremont, so a fetish-y mind control story works for pretty much any book.) I sometimes wish he hadn't concentrated exclusively on mutant books because I liked his approach to Bronze Age non-mutant heroines like Carol, Misty, Colleen, Natasha, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve068 View Post
    Is there any character Claremont created in a subsequently canceled book he didn't then move over to X-Men?
    Not the point. Even when Carol came back with her own books, Mystique almost never appeared because everybody only knew her from X-Men.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

I thought KSD would be the last custodian of 616 Carol Danvers but the Secret Wars series informs me that Jonathan Hickman is the current custodian of 616 Carol Danvers.
    Jonathan Hickman is to be the very last custodian of 616 Carol Danvers.

Marvel comics has an opportunity to establish a counterpart of 616 Carol Danvers on the new mainstream marvel earth post SW's who's past can be the blueprint of Marvel Cinematic Universe Carol Danvers.
    To me, G. Willow Wilson overshadows Kelly Thompson in writing.
    Therefor, G. Willow Wilson is to be the writer of the post Secret Wars Carol Danvers who is from the domain Arcadia.

From 2015 to 2018, G. Willow Wilson can enthrall the readers of marvel comics, where Arcadia Carol Danvers appears in, with captivating tales of a likable marvel character.
    I am of the belief that in 3 years time G. Willow Wilson can succeed in establishing Arcadia Carol Danvers as the blueprint for the Marvel Cinematic Universe Carol Danvers.

Like Ed Brubaker before her, KSD is better off now. She will be content.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 06-21-2015 at 12:17 PM.

Not the point. Even when Carol came back with her own books, Mystique almost never appeared because everybody only knew her from X-Men.
    Not refuting your point. It's a separate question because I can't think of a single instance he left a character, concept, or potential storyline behind...

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve068 View Post
    Not refuting your point. It's a separate question because I can't think of a single instance he left a character, concept, or potential storyline behind...
    Claremont didn't really do one book, then another, he did Claremont's World.

Even on FF, which I wouldn't have minded, probably, with a different artist and a tighter storyline.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    curious. has an in-depth reason been given for her departure? it seems that with a movie on the way, that could only potentially increase sales and good word of mouth.
    I think she said something like "I either have to leave now or dig in my heels for three more years to be there for the movie, and I'd rather drop the mic".

Anyway, I read the issue and figured it was very much not for me, but it seemed good, and I'm glad it took off like it did. I think Ellis seems the most likely, given his past collabs with her, and while I'd feel kind of bad really digging in for the first time only after the big fanbase-building female creator that defined the title leaves, I could live with it if Ellis came on to do a few issues of this with Carol Danvers:

Buh-bye

BANNED

616 Monica Rambeau the original Captain Marvel right after 616 Captain Mar-Vell

Go Warren Ellis!

Niffleheim

The book had so much hype in every avenue but it never reflected on the writing. I'll definitely check it out when it gets a new writer.
    Last edited by Tofali; 06-21-2015 at 12:19 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Warren has killed using Carol before, and I'm sure he could/would again.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Warren has killed using Carol before, and I'm sure he could/would again.

I'd be waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy happy if Ellis did what he did with Moon Knight and told what he wanted to in 5 issues and bounced out, throw in Jess and Rhodie and it would be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    I like Kelly, but her run has been kinda boring. I dropped it when the relaunch came. Please Marvel get someone kickass to do Carol well. JIM STARLIN FTW.
    Love Starlin, but not a good fit. Would rather see him on something like a Warlock relaunch.

Astonishing Member

I'm okay with this.

One big problem is that Marvel absolutely did not invest creatively in Captain Marvel when they relaunched it especially when compared to the other books that launched around that time (Hawkeye, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Punisher).

They basically sent the book out to die.

As for KSD, her first run felt as if it lacked in direction, and the memory loss angle didn't really do it for me.

Carol Danvers - Agent of SWORD. How hard would that be to do? Carol gets to play in space and on Earth. Plus you get Agent Brand in the deal.