Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will of the Geeks View Post
    I wonder who will be taking over? Hopefully not Kelly Thompson. I think G. Willow Wilson could do a good job. Maybe even bring Brian Reed back?
    Greg Rucka writing it - he's done well with female characters before: Wondy for the Distinguished Competition, and his older Oni works; Carrie Stetko in Whiteout, and Tara Chase in Queen and Country.
    Stefano Caselli on art because he did one of the best depictions of Carol's new uniform in Avengers Assemble #9-11.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Why, just look at Mystique. You wouldn't even know that she was supposed to be Carol's nemesis before the X-books sucked her in and never let her go. I would love for the new writer to get Mysti out of the mutant quagmire and back to making Carol miserable on a more-regular basis.
    It might be better if Mystique was Spider-Man/Black Cat antagonist....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I thought KSD would be the last custodian of 616 Carol Danvers but the Secret Wars series informs me that Jonathan Hickman is the current custodian of 616 Carol Danvers.
    Jonathan Hickman is to be the very last custodian of 616 Carol Danvers.

Marvel comics has an opportunity to establish a counterpart of 616 Carol Danvers on the new mainstream marvel earth post SW's who's past can be the blueprint of Marvel Cinematic Universe Carol Danvers.
    To me, G. Willow Wilson overshadows Kelly Thompson in writing.
    Therefor, G. Willow Wilson is to be the writer of the post Secret Wars Carol Danvers who is from the domain Arcadia.

From 2015 to 2018, G. Willow Wilson can enthrall the readers of marvel comics, where Arcadia Carol Danvers appears in, with captivating tales of a likable marvel character.
    I am of the belief that in 3 years time G. Willow Wilson can succeed in establishing Arcadia Carol Danvers as the blueprint for the Marvel Cinematic Universe Carol Danvers.

Like Ed Brubaker before her, KSD is better off now. She will be content.
    I wished that the same can be said about Dan Slott's run on Amazing Spider-Man as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Amazing writer heavily tied to a low-selling A-list comic quitting is worth noting, yes. Especially in a world where Superman getting a new belt or someone drawing Batman's ears a bit different will get a news story.
    I am sure that KSD could have made CM an interesting series if she really wanted to bring in more reader support. But she didn't. There was so much to Carol's history and so forth that KSD could had integrated into her CM stories. But it seems that her interest was elsewhere. Even when she did Avengers Assembled, KSD never used Spider-Man/Peter Parker at all. Even when the opportunity was there for her to use Spider-man, Spider-Woman, and The Black Widow together which might have been interesting than using Hawkeye.

None the less, success or failure of a comic series rests on the writer and really no one else.

Very sad to see her go. She really helped breathe new life into Captain Marvel. She guided her through the transition from being Ms. Marvel to Captain Marvel. That's not an easy transition for any character to make, but DeConnick pulled it off. She's set the bar pretty high for whoever takes over. I imagine Captain Marvel going to be a difficult series to write moving forward because this material could be used in her upcoming movie. That's to say nothing of the aftermath of Secret Wars. It'll be a tough transition to say the least, but I think DeConnick can leave this title saying she's left a lasting mark on Carol Danvers' legacy.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

How sad. I'll definitely miss ksd. Gail Simone has already said she doesn't want to take it on either so there go two of my favourites

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    None the less, success or failure of a comic series rests on the writer and really no one else.
    That's just crazy talk.

Especially if we're measuring success in sales, as some of the most respected and lauded comics sold poorly or awkwardly upon initial release. But, the artist, publisher, market, advertising, and colors have to shoulder some responsibility.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Must EVERY post about Captain Marvel spiral into discontent about the lack of Spider Man, Darth??

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Must EVERY post about Captain Marvel spiral into discontent about the lack of Spider Man, Darth??
    Hey, it's better than my "why won't KSD remember the Scarlet Witch, not Jess, is Carol's oldest superhero friend??" obsession.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Never read Kelly's run but I'm up for them bringing back Brian Reed to write her again. I have my doubts as he's surely working on the new Halo game.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    How sad. I'll definitely miss ksd. Gail Simone has already said she doesn't want to take it on either so there go two of my favourites
    Thank goodness. Simone hasn't been the same since pre-new-52 Birds of Prey, in my opinion.

Amazing writer heavily tied to a low-selling A-list comic quitting is worth noting, yes. Especially in a world where Superman getting a new belt or someone drawing Batman's ears a bit different will get a news story.
    "Amazing" and "A-list" are both extremely subjective.

I like the character and am hoping the new writer is a lot more readable than KSD was. Whoever it is, I'll at the very least give them a few issues.

Quote Originally Posted by santino27 View Post
    "Amazing" and "A-list" are both extremely subjective.
    Of course they are, so is "b-list" and "big thing," in the post I'm directly responding to.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

That's just crazy talk.

Especially if we're measuring success in sales, as some of the most respected and lauded comics sold poorly or awkwardly upon initial release. But, the artist, publisher, market, advertising, and colors have to shoulder some responsibility.
    Agree. Comics is a collaborative field, and everyone has some role in success/failure. For instance, I've read countless times of people not getting into Kelly Sue's run because they couldn't stand either the art or the constantly-changing art (in the first volume). And, especially at Marvel, there's a long history of artists having a heavy role in forming the story that's being told. Editors also have a vital role in shaping the stories that are coming out (both shutting down awful ideas and helping to make the good ideas better). And the publicity the publisher decides to give something usually means the difference between life or death on the non-marquee titles. So, yeah, you can't say that everything is just the writer. (Indeed, I've been reading a lot of stuff on Twitter lately from artists contesting the use of "author" to mean "writer" because comic artists are contributing significantly to the storytelling.)

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I tried to get into the book but just couldn't. I found it a little boring...

I would have liked to have seen Moonstone rise to become her arch nemesis.
    I think at this point, Moonstone has completely stopped caring about Carol. She had her chance to mess Carol up on Osborn's orders, she got outed and copped an attitude for a bit, and now she's more or less back to her normal impersonal self-serving ways.
    Last edited by Myetche; 06-22-2015 at 07:34 AM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I think at this point, Moonstone has completely stopped caring about Carol. She had her chance to mess Carol up on Osborn's orders, she got outed and copped an attitude for a bit, and now she's more or less back to her normal impersonal self-serving ways.
    Moonstone was just cosplaying a bare-ass Carol less than five years ago.

I know, I know, there was a theme going on, but it does lend itself to the idea that she might still be a little bothered by Marvel.