Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Black Panther vs Wolverine

Fight takes place in the Savage Land. No prep-time.

1- T'challa has his Vibranium costume.

2- Hand to Hand combat. No claws. Regular costume (no Vibranium) for T'challa.

Who wins?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HulkSmash666 View Post
    Fight takes place in the Savage Land. No prep-time.

1- T'challa has his Vibranium costume.

2- Hand to Hand combat. No claws. Regular costume (no Vibranium) for T'challa.

Who wins?
    1) Depends entirely on how T'challa's outfit stands up to edged attacks... and if he has any ranged/area-effect tricks on him.

2) The Panther is good, real good... but Logan is no pushover skillwise and has vastly more experience. Therefore, unless T'Challa has gained a fair bit of physical improvement, the regeneration, stamina, and skeletal shortfalls will tell against him.

1.) Black Panther to out smart wolverine everytime, even when barely conscious and starving. It will never come down to melee because BP knows that's wolverines playground, he will keep at least 1 mile away have traps setup for days, and when wolverine is finally exhausted T'challa will drop in and go for the kill.

2.) Second match Wolverine still has his adamantium skeleton? Then yeah he probably takes it.
    And now I finally arrived.

Due to pure skills, I've seen Daredevil take on Wolverine and beat him, not unconscious, but hold him off. I think BP could do the same in both scenarios and if he has weapons and a plan of attack.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Matt is both VASTLY more skilled and VASTLY faster than T'Challa. You can't use a result DD can get as something BP can do.

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Spiderman beat firelord.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Matt is both VASTLY more skilled and VASTLY faster than T'Challa. You can't use a result DD can get as something BP can do.
    I don't mean to sound snarky or confrontational, but how is Matt more skilled and faster than T'Challa? As someone who has no real emotional investment in either character, I'm sincerely curious to know, esp. if there are scans.

Matt is a board certified bullet timer, Black Panther is a peak human.

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    Spiderman beat firelord.
    T'Challa has owned Wolverine on like 4-5 occasions, and i can't remember Wolverine doing the same. He's presented as a top-tier martial artist with a few slight enhancements via his suit.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think DD is a bullet timer, he can hear the triggers etc. predict the aim and dodge.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I don't think DD is a bullet timer, he can hear the triggers etc. predict the aim and dodge.
    There have been literally dozens of incidents of Matt doing flat-out bullet-timing.

Here are a few:

1. Sniper on a building a across the street fires. Matt is inside of a closed room. Due to the distance, the windows and what have you, he only picks up the bullet after it enters the room. It is behind him, and he dodges it. Remember this is a sniper rifle, so it's conservatively a mach 3 bullet.

2. (repeated, repeated, repeated) Multiple gunmen fire at Matt at close range, while Matt is otherwise involved in combat. Matt swings his billy-club sticks and not only deflects the bullets, but uses them as precisely-targetted, non-lethal take-down shots against other foes. Matt has many incidents of things like this.

3. (repeated, repeated, repeated) Multiple people with automatic weapons open up on him and he dances the bullets. By itself, this isn't necessarily bullet-timing, but in Matt's case, given the sheer number of other bullet-timer feats he has, this is a decent supporting feat.

As far as T'Challa taking down Logan in HtH, I'm sorry, this is two things - one, the author wanting to use Logan's losing to show how tough Panther is, and two, Logan simply forgetting that he's much harder to take out than that.

As far as skill, Matt's a legit high-end "non-crazy-division" (so, not Val Armor or Mantis or manga/anime) comic martial artist, using his skills to hit hard enough to rip through things that tanks can't hurt, pressure-pointing super-humanly durable opponents and stuff like that. He's just a small tier down in skill from guys like Shang Chi and Danny Rand. T'Challa is nowhere near that level. T'Challa is really good, but he's always been shown to be close to Captain America's level.

Here's what happened the last time Cap fought Matt:

Cap had one-sided prep, and this included SHIELD gear that hid him from Matt's senses. He attacked from surprise. He used SHIELD "anti-Daredevil" weapons - sonic things to take out his hearing, chaff to screw with his radar. Despite all of this, Daredevil catches Cap's thrown shield, compliments it, informs Steve that he doesn't want to hurt him, trivially dances through Steve's attempted strikes, tells Steve that he's not a threat and basically to leave him the hell alone, before lobbing the shield back and hurling himself off a skyscraper with a smile on his face.

Why, exactly, would T'Challa do any better than that?

Logan -can- be taken down by high end martial artists (read: Cap level) from pressure points, aimed strikes (ie. hitting places that he can't heal from immediately, but would K.O., ie. crushed larynx, etc), and the like. He has, many times in his history.

The problem is, because his healing factor is displayed all over the place (along with his fighting abilities), sometimes, he's allowed to just ignore that stuff, at others, it works on him. Since it seems to be around 50/50 and his presentation is all over the place, depending on writer, there's a kind of concession we make where we differentiate between his healing factor being godlike or not.

On non -godlike days, Batmans, Caps, and Tchallas would be able to get some wins on him unarmed, via superior martial arts. How many, varies. On godly days, he can't, because he'll just walk through everything. So it depends.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Just to ask, in Contest of Champions 3, when attempting to jump Logan from stealth got the Panther caught, slammed onto the ground, overpowered, and but for the grace of the Thing distracting Wolverine such that the Black Panther himself comments on it, beaten, I'm presuming you're going with T'challa was being jobbed out there?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

Here's what happened the last time Cap fought Matt:

Cap had one-sided prep, and this included SHIELD gear that hid him from Matt's senses. He attacked from surprise. He used SHIELD "anti-Daredevil" weapons - sonic things to take out his hearing, chaff to screw with his radar. Despite all of this, Daredevil catches Cap's thrown shield, compliments it, informs Steve that he doesn't want to hurt him, trivially dances through Steve's attempted strikes, tells Steve that he's not a threat and basically to leave him the hell alone, before lobbing the shield back and hurling himself off a skyscraper with a smile on his face.

Why, exactly, would T'Challa do any better than that?
    I don't think Cap is a good example as I'm sure he's beaten DD before and BP has beaten Cap before. Aside from being enhanced strength,speed possibly superhuman (from eating herbs heheh)-there's the vibranium suit which gives him a big edge. But I don't want to go off topic and start comparing DD to BP.