Page 10 of 129 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post
    The possibilities would be endless! Think of the teasers you could make of attack ads from Lex on Superman and the propaganda that could be made..."Lex Luthor: The TRUE HERO of Metropolis" with post-911 style documentary footage! "Lex Luthor: Homegrown Hero" "Lex Luthor: Our Own Superman'...seriously it is endless!
    A typical Luthor "stump" speech on the campaign trail:

"First off, I would like to thank everyone for coming and for your support.

Ladies and gentlemen, it is no secret that after the alien invasion a few years ago, that I devoted my life, and a considerable portion of my wealth, to the rebuilding effort in Metropolis. The destruction that fell upon my fair city left me and my fellow citizens a broken people. We were downhearted and devastated. What would we do? Who would we turn to?

Well, today, I am here to tell you that the person we turned to was me! While the alien the papers have dubbed "Superman" has helped some in the rebuilding effort, let us not forget the reason for the devastation in the first place! This so-called "Superman" is one of them, the very aliens that attacked us! How do we know that there aren't more of them out there and this alien flying among us is just the vanguard?

He calls himself our "protector" but what is it we really need protection from? Another alien invasion, perhaps? I say we need protection from him! We humans need to stick together! We need protection from all invaders: Foreign, domestic, and alien!

Friends, as proven by the events of a few years ago, our security is hopelessly broken. However, just like Metropolis is rising from the ashes, our planetary defenses, with my help, can be repaired and made strong! I can only do so much as a private citizen, which is why I am asking for your vote in this upcoming election! If you send me to Washington, I promise to fix the broken system that allowed our planet to become so weak! Just like I fixed Metropolis! What do you say?! Are you with me or the alien?!"

At least Gal Gadot is on location. Is this the start of filming?

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/d...nder_woma.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hapless Henchman View Post
    A typical Luthor "stump" speech on the campaign trail:

"First off, I would like to thank everyone for coming and for your support.

Ladies and gentlemen, it is no secret that after the alien invasion a few years ago, that I devoted my life, and a considerable portion of my wealth, to the rebuilding effort in Metropolis. The destruction that fell upon my fair city left me and my fellow citizens a broken people. We were downhearted and devastated. What would we do? Who would we turn to?

Well, today, I am here to tell you that the person we turned to was me! While the alien the papers have dubbed "Superman" has helped some in the rebuilding effort, let us not forget the reason for the devastation in the first place! This so-called "Superman" is one of them, the very aliens that attacked us! How do we know that there aren't more of them out there and this alien flying among us is just the vanguard?

He calls himself our "protector" but what is it we really need protection from? Another alien invasion, perhaps? I say we need protection from him! We humans need to stick together! We need protection from all invaders: Foreign, domestic, and alien!

Friends, as proven by the events of a few years ago, our security is hopelessly broken. However, just like Metropolis is rising from the ashes, our planetary defenses, with my help, can be repaired and made strong! I can only do so much as a private citizen, which is why I am asking for your vote in this upcoming election! If you send me to Washington, I promise to fix the broken system that allowed our planet to become so weak! Just like I fixed Metropolis! What do you say?! Are you with me or the alien?!"
    Nice! I could then see clips of him making the rounds on talk shows and political shows saying stuff like "Humanity has been around for thousands of years and we have never needed an alien protector to show us the way!" or "If this so called 'Superman' really had the best interests of the people at heart why does he hide from us? Why does the government have no clue who this guy is?" or even better "some have said a God walks among us, but in the real world mythology exists in comic books while real men and women fight tooth and nail to be the best we can and survive!". After the mythology line maybe cut to Wonder Woman scene perhaps in Greece in some ruins that have hieroglyphs of the Amazons...

As all of this is going on, as Luthor is making his speeches and stumping for votes show Superman flying and helping! For every comment Luthor makes to rip Superman show Clark saving someone or protecting someone to show the juxtaposition of the truth and fiction.

Remember how we were all saying how fun a scene between Bruce Wayne and Luthor would be...imagine Candidate Lex having a fundraiser and trying to get some of the Wayne fortune to back him up!

I know the comic is derided quite a bit but in "Superman: Grounded" I believe there was a scene where a father was abusing his kid and Superman not only prevents it but gives the kid a phone number only Superman will answer. The kid only has to check in so clark knows he is safe but he can also talk to Clark about whatever he wants. A scene like that (or the suicide scene from All-Star) would be great counters to Lex, have Lois talk about it trying to defend him. It would also go a long way to heal the breach between the Pro-MOS crowd and Anti-MOS crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Hapless Henchman View Post
    At least Gal Gadot is on location. Is this the start of filming?

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/d...nder_woma.html
    Latest I heard was principal photography begins May 19. I'm sure they are heavy into table reads, and battle choreography rehearsals, etc. It's ramping up, bigtime. Exciting!
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Amazing Member

Personally, I want Doomsday to be in this movie.
    Lex and Batman for most part of the movie try to take Superman down.
    In all the mix up, Lex mistakenly unleashes Doomsday(maybe Doomsday was locked up in one of the ships and Lexs research team opened up the pod that had Doomsday in it)
    Lex finally finds a way to convince the world that Superman is evil and he(Lex) is the true savior of Metropolis. Superman flies away.
    Then doomsday attacks. He's unstoppable. Superman comes out of exile and saves the day. This time, he actually concentrates on saving people and ends up sacrificing his life defeating Doomsday. This brings out the justice league in case a threat like this comes up again.

Well, of course I would expect the story to be a lot more polished but I would be okay with a storyline like this

Incredible Member

Hope that starting date is true! Cannot wait for the cast to start filming so we can get some news.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brucekent12 View Post
    Hope that starting date is true! Cannot wait for the cast to start filming so we can get some news.
    I'd rather not get news, I like going in as fresh as possible.

The rumor out there for a while now and at many sites is that Superman will be in exile for much of Batman vs Superman.

The questions I have with that, if it is true, does this mean for much of the film Kal is in hiding as Clark and there isn't a lot of him as Superman?

Does it mean Clark/Supes is not around much at all and the focus is Bruce/Batman and Lex tracking him down?

The premise could work just so long as Clark/Supes is actually not on screen for a good chunk of the film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    The rumor out there for a while now and at many sites is that Superman will be in exile for much of Batman vs Superman.

The questions I have with that, if it is true, does this mean for much of the film Kal is in hiding as Clark and there isn't a lot of him as Superman?

Does it mean Clark/Supes is not around much at all and the focus is Bruce/Batman and Lex tracking him down?

The premise could work just so long as Clark/Supes is actually not on screen for a good chunk of the film.
    That does't even make sense. Why on earth would you have a movie with your star in hiding? The whole point of the sequel to an origin superhero movie is that you've got the out-of-costume set-up stuff out of the way now and you can focus on them in action.

And just about every rumour attached to the movie is nonsense anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post

So basically posting a rumor just to provide an excuse to bash the movie some more? Am I right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    That does't even make sense. Why on earth would you have a movie with your star in hiding? The whole point of the sequel to an origin superhero movie is that you've got the out-of-costume set-up stuff out of the way now and you can focus on them in action.

And just about every rumour attached to the movie is nonsense anyway.
    I believe a better question is why one tends to believe every rumor about the film that is posted?

Well so long as we're having fun with rumors,
    http://s29.postimg.org/6e2s3roqf/batman.png
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    So basically posting a rumor just to provide an excuse to bash the movie some more? Am I right?
    No. I said the premise could work. Just curious about how they would handle it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Well so long as we're having fun with rumors,
    http://s29.postimg.org/6e2s3roqf/batman.png
    I like the rumor that involves a possible Riddler cameo

So...

With The Amazing Spider-Man 2 being a massive disappointment, do you think that WB will tone down the Justice League elements of the BvS to make it seem like an actual film and not a trailer for more films?

It's certainly possible.