Page 125 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 1921

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    god i hate this argument. it mostly comes from people who have never read a Superman comic in their life.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. It's right up with the "He's too powerful" argument from people who seem somehow to not notice a zillion other characters that are as powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by gwenFan View Post
    Don't type it to me, type it too many who had read him and not like it.
    The problem is, "who had read him." If you ask most of these people when they ever read a Superman, the answer will be "Never" or "When I was a kid" and, if you ask for a specific year, "Oh, 1970?"

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    But Superman only killed one Kryptonian, Zod.

The council of Krypton is responsible for the loss of all kryptonian people, histoty and culture; by not evacuating the planet when they knew the planet was doomed.
    That's not true actually. It was in the film and confirmed by Synder that Superman is completely responsible for wiping out every Kryptonian that came to Earth plus the chance of them ever coming back.

I felt like, if we could find a way of making it impossible for him – Kobayashi Maru, totally no way out – I felt like that could also make you go, “This is the why of him never killing again.” He’s basically obliterated his entire people and his culture, and he is responsible for it, and he’s just, like, “How could I ever kill again?”

http://www.ew.com/article/2013/06/19...f-steel-ending

In the film, the Kryptonians weren't frozen in dildos before being Phantom Zoned and he destroyed the Genesis chamber that Zod said would be the equivalent to destroying Krypton before he did it. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I don't keep up with this place like I use to.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I'm kinda disappointed in Cavill though. The whole "tough character to nail" is already proven false....By Morrison, Pak and hell even BY HIM.
    Also by, you know, 75 years of existence and many great writers during the time.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jaybay View Post
    I felt like, if we could find a way of making it impossible for him – Kobayashi Maru, totally no way out – I felt like that could also make you go, “This is the why of him never killing again.” He’s basically obliterated his entire people and his culture, and he is responsible for it, and he’s just, like, “How could I ever kill again?”
    There should have been more payoff for this, they really needed to give more attention to his destruction of that colony ship. The idea is interesting but it's not given enough time to settle in in the movie. Same with the killing of Zod himself.

Anyway, my reading of this whole thing is that Cavill seems to be echoing the popular view that there's not much to say about or with Superman. And I can only imagine he's reflecting that opinion because Warner Brothers have no specific plans for Superman in his own context, and therefore by implication they agree with that view. Which is kind of sad, if the people who own the oldest superhero have no idea what to do with him. It's the same kind of indecision and paralysis that has prevented them until now from making a Wonder Woman film, and I'm still not that confident they know what they're doing there either. A whole studio of people with access some of the best characters in a genre and they've got such a limited vision for them!

Spectacular Member

Well, this is much ado about nothing. BvS is not a direct sequel to Man of Steel because Warners wanted to establish the DC Extended Universe sooner rather than later and are using this second film as a means to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth. It's right up with the "He's too powerful" argument from people who seem somehow to not notice a zillion other characters that are as powerful.
    Good LORD YES!
    The ever popular - "He is OP / too powerful" is one of the cheapest, lowest level arguments of all time! It is a quick, easy - in and out - "zombie" type of statement, that lacks any imagination.

No one ever said the "Flash" was too fast, Batman to much a "miracle worker", etc...but Superman gets all the heat for being Superman who isn't powerful enough IMHO as some writers are always looking to depower him which, takes away from the "Super" part!

Quote Originally Posted by gwenFan View Post
    I met many people of all sorts who claim they can't relate to him in the comics, people want flawed characters.
    Discounting Superman's place of origin - I don't understand those individuals who say they can't relate to Superman - I guess it is either a personal thing or, are they just going along with the "in-crowd" of social peer pressure?

Superman shows a lot more compassion and concern on the outside, his humanity is exposed mostly all the time which, is not considered “cool” in the certain social circles - as opposed to Batman (in this present day version) who keeps emotions bottled up while playing "down low card" which is highly considered to be cool and popular in the youthful market of lets say 14 – 35, the prime demographic that influences Hollywood and online (social) media to a seemingly vast vocal majority.

I don't care if it's more of a Batman movie. So many of us tried to give MOS and a superman solo movie the benefit of the doubt and while that movie has some great things going for it, it's rough. I don't blame them for making this movie perhaps 60% Batman/40% Superman. Hopefully MOS2 is a better solo-Superman movie.

Everything Cavill said here is true:
    “There’s plenty of time for individual Superman sequels,” he told the magazine. “He’s a tough character to tell. People like the darker vigilante. I think it speaks to the human psyche more easily rather than the god-like being that we can’t really understand. Once we have a more expansive universe we can delve more into the character of Superman and hopefully tell more stories.”

I don't think MOS is bad. It's a very divisive movie though. The sequel needs to be better. The atmosphere of BVS looks great. I think now that WB understands how they want the DCCU to look and feel, the next Superman movie will be better. MOS is like the rough-draft (if that, I believe it wasn't till the movie was finished that they started to seriously wonder about launching a cinematic universe off of the film) view of the DCCU.

That shot of Superman and his mom talking as they look over the farm under a starry night, and the line about day vs night give me hope that going forward they understand how Superman stuff in this cinematic universe should look and feel
    Last edited by Super-Cyke; 07-12-2015 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Affleck is billed above Cavill so you can infer he has a greater role in this movie sort of like RDJ in the Avengers movies
    I think we already knew Man of Steel wouldn't get a sequel right away. With Snyder having all his time taken up on the BvS and the JL movies I doubt he has time to direct Man of Steel 2 so WB isn't really high on it just yet.
    Why can't they get someone else to direct it?

Is Snyder the only director available?

But literally the whole movie is about the world's response to Superman. Superman is the central figure of the movie.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    But literally the whole movie is about the world's response to Superman. Superman is the central figure of the movie.
    Yes exactly even the Batman stuff is revolved around him. Not to mention all the supporting cast, this is very much a Superman movie as much as Batmans.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Yes
    10 characters

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaybay View Post
    That's not true actually. It was in the film and confirmed by Synder that Superman is completely responsible for wiping out every Kryptonian that came to Earth plus the chance of them ever coming back.

http://www.ew.com/article/2013/06/19...f-steel-ending

In the film, the Kryptonians weren't frozen in dildos before being Phantom Zoned and he destroyed the Genesis chamber that Zod said would be the equivalent to destroying Krypton before he did it. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I don't keep up with this place like I use to.
    Well it's yet to be seen if Faora, Jax-Ur and the others are actually dead.

Also it would be Colonel Hardy who was responsible for "killing" them, since he piloted the plane. But if we get technical, then it would be Jor-El's A.I. ghost who is responsible for it all.

At the end of MOS, the only 2 Kryptonians left are Superman and Zod. Killing Zod left Superman as the only one, but leaving Zod alive was unacceptable. As for destroying the scout ship with the Genesis Chamber, that's more a macguffin. Zod intended to kill Supes and use it to revive Krypton, atop the bones of the humanity.

Is it true that they made Gotham and Metropolis sister cities of sort. Similar to Oakland and SF separated by a bay.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.