Page 4 of 129 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post
    Well if you read Justice League Trevor is liaison to the Justice League and the government does not seem to trust them much. Could be similar. Trevor works with the Justice League despite what his "employers" think. Maybe he helps start Argus for this purpose.

If it is Cyborg, then I would like Cyborg's accident to happen in the Superman/Batman movie and maybe they save him but oly after his father injects him with nanites. Have two scenes at the end of the movie right before the credits role, one where Luthor is recruiting villains for a purpose (perhaps at the behest of a certain New God or other big bad) and a second where Victor Stone slowly starts to Cyborg out.
    I've read the first three volumes of the nu52 JL and Trevor and the League had a falling out. then he went and created the JLA with Waller.

Your Cyborg description above sounds pretty cool. I hope it happens.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    A Super-fan writes in:

As my article notes, Harry Potter had a large cast of important characters around Harry, but was he pushed aside and lost in the shuffle?
    The Harry Potter reference sounds a little hollow. That series was always about ensemble stories. Man of Steel is trying to transition from a solo act to an ensemble series, and it's going to be a much more difficult tightrope to walk.

That is awesome!

Jee,

Personally I want Brainiac as the big bad over Darkseid but with Ultron being the Avengers villain I am not sure that will happen. (I know nothing about Ultron but that is what people seem to say) Lex discovering a sentient computer that he thinks will better mankind only it is really Brainiac invading all the systems of Earth in the hopes of destroying it.

Darkseid has been known to lower himself to work with humans in the past. Remember Intergang was affiliated with Darkseid and in the JLU finale the Secret Society of Supervillains were pawns in Darkseid's game. He will do whatever it takes to destroy Earth and control the universe with the Anti-Life Equation!
    Ah, okay....forgot about that. Got to go back and watch all of that again
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    What would you like to see improved in the movie? What are your thoughts and concerns concerning the movie? And various other discussions related to the movie can be discussed here.

Also lets try and not turn this into a Marvel vs DC thread like last time.
    I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping they start by showing the consequences of a major portion of Metropolis being flattened. Even a throw away line like "Superman helped rebuild" would be nice. One of the biggest complaints I have about Man of Steel is how they just glossed over that.
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping they start by showing the consequences of a major portion of Metropolis being flattened. Even a throw away line like "Superman helped rebuild" would be nice. One of the biggest complaints I have about Man of Steel is how they just glossed over that.
    I think Snyder mentioned in an interview that is what will be addressed in the sequel

Quote Originally Posted by Hapless Henchman View Post
    I've read the first three volumes of the nu52 JL and Trevor and the League had a falling out. then he went and created the JLA with Waller.
    Actually WB should use this brilliant strategy. Not only does it create tension but it'd open up a whole other group of heroes for the budding DC Movieverse. Two thumbs up!
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Actually, Batman and Lex being in this movie could work really well with that idea.

it's my fanboy dream to see Darkseid on the big screen. as much as i loved the Avengers it kind of broke my heart to see Thanos at the end. i knew it may crush any chance of seeing Darkseid in a movie.
    but now there is definitely hope. if they can use MoS 2 to foreshadow an invasion from Apokolips it would be amazing to see the Justice League face him in their first outing.
    maybe have Darkseid use Lex as his liaison to earth instead of Ugly Manheim. Lex has made deals with Brainiac in the past, they can just change roles. Lex for Manheim and Darkseid for Brainiac.

First and last warning.

Posters who opt to ignore the rules will be banned. Permanently.

Asking who WW should murder? That's flat out trolling.

Saying she should murder the Man of Murder? Trolling.

Constructive feedback is welcome, be it positive or negative, but these kinds of snarky comments will not be tolerated any longer, nor will any arguments about these decisions.

Responding to the obvious trolls is also a no-no (read the rules, please), so either report it or ignore it, but don't respond to it.

If you can't abide by these rules, find another forum. I'd much rather you find a way to express yourself in a manner that is conducive to a mature conversation, though.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    it's my fanboy dream to see Darkseid on the big screen. as much as i loved the Avengers it kind of broke my heart to see Thanos at the end. i knew it may crush any chance of seeing Darkseid in a movie.
    but now there is definitely hope. if they can use MoS 2 to foreshadow an invasion from Apokolips it would be amazing to see the Justice League face him in their first outing.
    maybe have Darkseid use Lex as his liaison to earth instead of Ugly Manheim. Lex has made deals with Brainiac in the past, they can just change roles. Lex for Manheim and Darkseid for Brainiac.
    That would be awesome, and it would shadow the comic so it makes sense. Problem is how do you top Darkseid in JL2?

That would be awesome, and it would shadow the comic so it makes sense. Problem is how do you top Darkseid in JL2?
    Brainiac
    Crime Syndicate
    Legion of Doom
    Anti Monitor
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I think they should keep Darkseid for later....People will compare Darkseid to Thanos anyways....So, why not make Darkseid bigger (or seem) as the bigger/more powerful villain? Easter eggs throughout all films....and in JL 4, they could have a Crisis level event...with Darkseid (Final Crisis!) - Requires all three teams - JL, JLA and JLD to defeat him (Well, him and his army, that is).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

That would be a problem. You would probably have to go with the Anti-Monitor and some kind of "Crisis" event. I think that would be too ambitious (i.e. too costly) for the big screen though considering the number of characters and the effects it would take.

If WB/DC want to get Darkseid on the big screen without the general audience thinking it's a copy of Marvel (I know it's the other way around, but non-readers don't know that), then they almost have to use him in JL. And really, Johns' first arc was more or less a movie script anyway. A few tweaks & it would work.

As for topping him, I say go for the Crime Syndicate. After fighting the evil outside the gates in JL 1, it makes perfect sense to fight the evil "within". Or, in this case, exact mirror images. I'd change it up so that Superwoman is an evil WW instead of Lois Lane, and Owlman is Bruce & not Thomas Jr. Sort of like in "Justice Lords". And you have the actors play dual parts.

I'd save Brainiac for a Superman solo.

I'd tie it all in with hints in the solo movies forshadowing the Syndicate coming in JL 2, and then the solo's in "phase 3" would foreshadow Darkseid's return for an adaptation of Final Crisis in JL 3.

They've said 9 films after JL, right? to hell with Sandman & others, I'd love to see something similar to this:

Phase One

• Man of Steel: complete

• Man of Steel 2 (Bats vs Supes): on the way

• Justice League: Darkseid invades. Adapt JL: Origin by Johns.

Phase Two

• Justice League Confidential: Wonder Woman. This would be where we would see, in flashback, her time on Paradise Island. I'd go full on "Clash of the Titans" with it. Mythological creatures, Hades, Zeuss, you name it. Show her as a badass warrior. Guest-starring Bruce Wayne at some point, helping her set up a civilian I.D.

• Man of Steel 3: Doomsday crashlands on Earth, and Superman with no idea who sent him. Guest-star Wonder Woman. Superman dies at the midpoint. Funeral happens, mourning period. End on a Cliffhanger: Superman appears, suddenly alive (but it's actually Ultraman in a Superman suit. Some people hail him as the "second coming".

• Justice League Confidential: The Flash. Guest-starring Green Lantern (Hal or Jon, no difference here) and Cyborg. A CSI drama with superheroes. News reports on "Superman activities".

• Batman. Guest star Wonder Woman & "Superman". WW has doubts about "Superman", Batman investigates while also dealing with Gotham. Ends with "Superman" revealed as Ultraman & the arrival of the Crime Syndicate.

• Justice League 2. Batman, WW, Flash, Cyborg & Green Lantern vs the Syndicate. When all seems lost, Superman returns to save the day. His resurrection made possible by the codex hidden in his cells. Jor El's final gift.

Phase 3

• Justice League Confidential: Wonder Woman 2. While still adapting to "mans world", Paradise Island is attacked by Circe & the Female Furies from Apokolips.

• Batman 2: Batman does Batmanny stuff. Investigates the Dark Side Club in Gotham City. Perhaps a gang war between the Dark Side Club & Penguins Iceberg Lounge.

• Justice League Confidential: Guardians of Oa. The Green Lantern Corps, led by Hal & Jon, vs Sinestro. Guest-starring Superman in a cameo. The universe is at war: Apokolips & New Genesis have fallen, and everyone wants a piece of control. You could really throw in the cosmic characters here. Lobo, Thanagar, Mongul, etc. The Guardians warn that this is only the beginning.

• Justice League Confidential: Injustice League. A villain-centric film. Luthor amasses the Injustice League. Every villain you can toss in there, with adequate screen time for the big players. Could intro Black Adam. They fight each other at first, naturally, with Luthor striking a bargain and forming a league. Libra appears.

• Justice League 3: Final Crisis adaptation. No monitors, no Mandrak. Time begins to break down. Injustice League is forced to side with Libra. Cyborg is destroyed, instead of killing Martian Manhunter. Batman captured. Granny goes to Oa. Superman taken by a mysterious figure to the future (instead of by a monitor into the bleed) to see a machine that can save the timestream. Since Michael Irons is a badass, let it be Alfred that Darkseid incarnates into. batman shoots DS, Batman is killed (for real). Superman returns from the future to battle Darkseid. At the end, he makes his wish, Earth is saved. In the epqilogue, we find out the strange hooded man from the future was Superman himself, older.

Epilogue Phase

• Justice League Confidential: Crisis Aftermath. The World rebuilds. The heroes mourn Batman and Cyborg. Wonder Woman contemplates her mission, now that the God of Evil is destroyed. Clark Kent asks Lois to marry him. Nightwing becomes the new Batman. Wonder Woman returns to Paradise Island. The Amazons fade from our plane, ala Infinite Crisis, taking WW with it. Flash fights some rogues. GL returns to Oa.

• Man of Steel 4. Lois & Clark marry. Brainiac arrives. It's revealed that Brainiac was the one who sent Doomsday to kill the Kryptonian. Your general Superman vs Brainiac story. At the end, Superman narrates as we see the world, through montage, turn into a futuristic utopia. During the montage, we see Superman build the machine that he will later show his younger self. Here we'd get the ending of Millar's (or was it Waid?) planned story...as the sun goes red, and the Earth slowly dies, we see that Superman is the last being on this barren rock. His powers almost gone. He looks to the sun, smiling, as he says "It's been a good life. To be continued..." As the sun goes nova, the Earth & Superman are destroyed, their remains & atoms spread across the stars. An after credits scene reveals that millenia later, a piece of Kal's skull survived, and passes through a wormhole, and lands on ancient Krypton....

The End.

Ok, that would be 12 after JL. But I'd still love to see something like that.
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 05-02-2014 at 08:37 AM.

^^^^^^Clark_Kent's post above^^^^^^^^^^^