Page 7 of 129 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hapless Henchman View Post
    Correct. Darkseid will have to be weakened. There is no way any movie studio would spend the money it would take to put out a film based on one of DC's "Crisis" events.

I think the DCAU handled Darkseid reasonably well though with the politics between Apokolips and New Genesis as a reason that Earth was off limits. I think WB could reasonably do something along those lines. Well into the future I mean...
    The DCAU did a good job yes...Darkseid basically laughed when Supes punched him. Even in the end it took the intervention of Metron to stop the fight as Superman unleashed holy hell and Darkseid still got up and smiled.

I like the timeline that was posted earlier, but I guess I would like it better if Doomsday showed up at the end of Superman/Batman as a forshadow to Justice League where Superman dies. I have always just thought it made sense for the League to truly form because they all are needed to fill the void of a God amongst men.

Quote Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post
    The costume is believable though. I mean I am sure half the WW board will explode cause she is wearing a jacket but oh well It is an obvious photoshop though.

You guys mentioned Darkseid and how he is often powered down in his fights with Superman and the JL...but in reality he has to be. The New Gods are way too powerful to fight Superman and Batman. The only beings that should be able to beat Apokolips are the Gods of New Genesis. How are you supposed to believe that a being capable of enslaving the entire universe can be beaten up by Superman or shot dead by Batman? (god Final Crisis was terrible...oh my lord) It should take an entire universe of heroes to defeat him like the Anti-Monitor!

John's use of Darkseid may make him a bit weak (although if you read Earth 2 it makes sense he would be after his battle there) but it is the only possible way to have him in the Justice League movie. Any other story would be way too rushed and require a lot of work.
    Darkseid was designed to act as a mastermind, working behind the scenes, and manipulating others to do the work for him. That's easy enough to pull off without blowing the entire budget on him.

Although, over the decades, Darkseid has been downgraded to cosmic bruiser that will leap into a brawl with Superman whenever the writer needs someone for Supes to fight. I think there are characters that are better suited for that role, all of which Darkseid should be manipulating into fighting for him, but that's what people seem to think the character is now suited for.

If used the way he was created to be used, Darkseid wouldn't be impossible to put into a movie. If used as most writers have decided to use him, it'll be a fight scene on the scale of the kryptonian fights in MOS.

Extraordinary Member

Yet it would have to be even bigger.

Ultimate Member

I think that it'd be a bad idea to use Darkseid in the first movie anyway. He's THE big bad in the DCU and if you use him first, then it's going to be extremely hard to top him in the sequels. He's a villain that you build up to. Have him manipulate/ally with other lesser villains in order to pave the way for his eventual arrival. Then down the road, he finally makes his movie. He's a "big finale" villain basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I think that it'd be a bad idea to use Darkseid in the first movie anyway. He's THE big bad in the DCU and if you use him first, then it's going to be extremely hard to top him in the sequels. He's a villain that you build up to. Have him manipulate/ally with other lesser villains in order to pave the way for his eventual arrival. Then down the road, he finally makes his movie. He's a "big finale" villain basically.
    That's a good idea. Unfortunately that's probably the route that's being taken with Thanos. WB would need to find some way to make their use of Darkseid different than Marvel's use of Thanos. A Grant Morrison approach to the character might be the way to go, but I'm not sure the people involved with the DCU movies are willing or capable of going that direction.

A few recent pics of Henry Cavill. I think these were taken over Easter weekend when he was out and about in Chicago (Must be tough being famous and incredibly good looking. Those women look especially excited to see him. The guy in the last picture, not so much...):

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qwathings View Post
    Darkseid was designed to act as a mastermind, working behind the scenes, and manipulating others to do the work for him. That's easy enough to pull off without blowing the entire budget on him.

Although, over the decades, Darkseid has been downgraded to cosmic bruiser that will leap into a brawl with Superman whenever the writer needs someone for Supes to fight. I think there are characters that are better suited for that role, all of which Darkseid should be manipulating into fighting for him, but that's what people seem to think the character is now suited for.

It often feels like they've turned Darkseid into Mongul, to be honest. Which is odd, when there's already a Mongul there ready and waiting to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwathings View Post
    That's a good idea. Unfortunately that's probably the route that's being taken with Thanos. WB would need to find some way to make their use of Darkseid different than Marvel's use of Thanos. A Grant Morrison approach to the character might be the way to go, but I'm not sure the people involved with the DCU movies are willing or capable of going that direction.
    Darkseid brought the League together in the nu52. And it worked. I especially liked the tie-in to Cyborg. As us geeks know, DC created Darkseid long before Marvel, and Thanos was inspired by Darkseid, it'd be a shame if Marvel uses Thanos first and DC gets blamed for copycatting by the clueless general public. Using the DC Universe's big baddie in the first JL film also challenges the writer(s) to keep raising their game--villain wise and plot wise--for future installments.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    Darkseid brought the League together in the nu52. And it worked. I especially liked the tie-in to Cyborg. As us geeks know, DC created Darkseid long before Marvel, and Thanos was inspired by Darkseid, it'd be a shame if Marvel uses Thanos first and DC gets blamed for copycatting by the clueless general public. Using the DC Universe's big baddie in the first JL film also challenges the writer(s) to keep raising their game--villain wise and plot wise--for future installments.
    worked? Just for the JL, because Darkseid was really incompetent. It was a really bad showing for him. better use a generic alien invasion like avengers and JL cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    It does kind of stink that DC/WB will get blamed for "copycatting" by the general audience if they use Darkseid, even though us comic book readers know who came first. But hey, they had a long time to get their act together and get a JL movie done and just could not do it (for whatever reason). Like the song says "It's nobody's fault but mine."

Having said that, I would not worry about it. They have to use Darkseid as "The Big Bad" in the JL movie(s).

I have a feeling if you don't already know that Darkseid came out before Thanos, you don't know who that guy was in the first Avengers credit scene.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I have a feeling if you don't already know that Darkseid came out before Thanos, you don't know who that guy was in the first Avengers credit scene.
    Yup!

Not to mention, how many people even remember it or know who he was?

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    worked? Just for the JL, because Darkseid was really incompetent. It was a really bad showing for him. better use a generic alien invasion like avengers and JL cartoon
    Totally agree. War must be one of the worst outing Darkseid ever had IMO. When the time comes, I'd like to see good ol' rock face triumphant a lá Great Darkness Saga or Rock of Ages in a second JL movie, something akin to what Empire Strikes Back did for Star Wars, just to have the heroes fight back in a third movie and freeing earth from the demonic clutches of Darkseid.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    When the scene came on my heart skipped a beat. It was a real surprise for me. Not like it did the movie any better, but it was a nice nerd moment that few in the theater catched. I felt so full of nerdiness that it was actually cool.
    I like the idea of using cliffhangers more than midcredit scenes, which I think are kind of boring nowadays. But for the cliffhanger to have any kind of effect, the next installments have to be delivered in short time, not more than a year.

Also, where is Zryson?