Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Amazing Member Dr Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    A Nameless land
    Posts
    73

    Default The Omnibus Collectors Comic Swap facebook group

    Anyone who watches the omnibus collectors (Ryley's) vids will know that he has started up a group on facebook where you buy, sell or trade books. There's a special rule though, you can't sell above cover price! This group is to help people buy rare books for affordable prices. Go and join now!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/8423...14432/?fref=nf
    Last edited by Dr Strange; 06-21-2015 at 01:44 PM.

  2. #2
    Hardcover Enthusiast Chojin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    95

    Default

    I've been watching his videos for the past 6 months or so I reckon. They're pretty informative and I like watching random Haul/Collection videos. I hope some people do actually get some good trades/deals through the group.

    It's also pretty obvious the big wants from most people are AOA Omni, UXF Omni, Punisher MAX V4 etc. I think most people want the same things.

    (Signed up and I'm Christopher Smart' on the group)
    Mixes/Contact Info: http://chojin.devour.org

  3. #3
    Amazing Member Dr Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    A Nameless land
    Posts
    73

    Default

    It's more than a buy and sell group. It has transformed into a group where we share thoughts on books, post pics of hauls and collections. Kinda like these forums.

  4. #4
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I know this is an old thread but is this facebook group still going? I've tried about 3 or 4 times in the past year to join the group but for whatever reason it never seems to go through. Just recently though I get an error message: "Sorry, this content isn't available right now. The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in." when I try to go to the page and can't even see the page now so I can't even try to do my quarterly try-to-join-the-group ritual.

  5. #5
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    5,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zappster View Post
    I know this is an old thread but is this facebook group still going? I've tried about 3 or 4 times in the past year to join the group but for whatever reason it never seems to go through. Just recently though I get an error message: "Sorry, this content isn't available right now. The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in." when I try to go to the page and can't even see the page now so I can't even try to do my quarterly try-to-join-the-group ritual.
    yeah it's going strong they might just have a member limit. Try messaging to one of the mods.

  6. #6
    Incredible Member Hawkgirl_70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    SE Missouri, USA
    Posts
    564

    Default

    I tried to join a couple months ago as well and was never added.
    I just tried again today.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

  7. #7
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Unfortunately, though the group is nice, most of the so-called sellers just list rare books for trade (since you cant price them above cover) and then (in private message) ask just as much for them as on ebay. Its also very marvel/dc oriented and mostly US based. So it definitely has its limations for some. Dont expect the best deals there.

  8. #8
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    7,083

    Default

    If you aren't accepted, it's likely your profiles are rather empty and thus you're struck off as a fake profile (they get a lot of those), you'd be better PMing one of the mods of the group and saying youre from CBR and aren't a fake, you're more likely to get accepted.

  9. #9
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yeah it's going strong they might just have a member limit. Try messaging to one of the mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    If you aren't accepted, it's likely your profiles are rather empty and thus you're struck off as a fake profile (they get a lot of those), you'd be better PMing one of the mods of the group and saying youre from CBR and aren't a fake, you're more likely to get accepted.
    Appreciate the replies guys. Thanks. I guess it must be my profile. It's mostly blank as I barely use facebook (mostly to get updates from certain creator types on new projects)

    Trouble is I can't see anything on the page. It's basically a blank page with that error message I mentioned previously. So I don't know who is or isn't a moderator/admin for that group. So I don't really know how to go about getting in touch with someone who might sort me out. I guess I could try Ryley?

  10. #10
    Mighty Member LordMikel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zappster View Post
    Appreciate the replies guys. Thanks. I guess it must be my profile. It's mostly blank as I barely use facebook (mostly to get updates from certain creator types on new projects)

    Trouble is I can't see anything on the page. It's basically a blank page with that error message I mentioned previously. So I don't know who is or isn't a moderator/admin for that group. So I don't really know how to go about getting in touch with someone who might sort me out. I guess I could try Ryley?
    I went to the page myself and will send you a facebook link to Ryley himself's Facebook page.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

    Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

  11. #11
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default

    For some reason I applied and got blocked. I'm not sure what I did or why but it bummed me out.

    edit:

    read above replies and saw the member limit comment. If I could also get help joining I would be very grateful.

  12. #12
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lukabratzi View Post
    For some reason I applied and got blocked. I'm not sure what I did or why but it bummed me out.

    edit:

    read above replies and saw the member limit comment. If I could also get help joining I would be very grateful.
    Riley Moore said to message him.

  13. #13
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    7,083

    Default

    If they strike you off as a suspected fake profile, you're blocked from viewing the page to deter reapplying.

    Messaging Ryley would be the best way to get un-black listed.

  14. #14
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    5,960

    Default

    just watched their latest live chat video and Ryley confirmed what Iron fist said above about suspicious fake profiles. He said just message him: Ryley Moore, Lewis McGregor or Jess Bragg.
    There is no member limit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •