Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

My God, people. This is not a reboot. It's just another Marvel event. This is nothing like what DC has done. People were saying Marvel NOW! was a reboot and now they are saying this is one. Can't see the difference.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Which is already more or less the normal policy. Avengers #200 still happened, you can even read about that part of Carol's life in the back of the first Captain Marvel trade, but no one ever brings it up on page and so far the writers have the good sense to not build any contemporaru story elements off of it. For all intents and purposes it never existed.
    It existed.

Quote Originally Posted by gwenFan View Post
    It existed.
    Probably the X-men still remember that too.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I'm not liking this rebooted universe. I'll save my money until marvel brings back the 616 universe, which will happen within three years.
    From the looks of what we've seen this is 616 in spite of what Marvel keeps saying. Only differences I've seen so far is SWORD is gone and Miles, Old Man Logan and the Squadren Supreme have been brought there.

BANNED

Marvel never said it was reboot but new universe.

I'm really liking the direction Marvel is headed post Secret Wars. My excitement for the All-New All-Different Marvel is a big reason I'm here and getting more into comic books than I have before. That being said, I do think there's way too many Spider-characters. Peter Parker and Miles Morales I get. But do we really need Spider-Gwen in addition to Spider-Woman? Or an entire team of alternate reality Spider-heroes? For that matter, why two Wolverines? Why two Hawkeyes?

Spectacular Member

I wonder what was the point of doing Secret Wars III (other than $$)? There was nearly three years of a very well-crafted build up, yet the outcome looks similar to the pre-SW status quo over the previous 6-9 months. Almost none of these new titles required SW to happen, and we are basically back to a just a slightly altered world.

There has got to be something more, right? I would actually like new or different stuff. I know the Big Two are skiddish about actually creating new characters due to rights and all, but there has to be a better answer than recycling the names and characters?

BANNED

Its a culmination of Hickmans work, and he said the memorial to the old marvel universe.

maybe the multiverse stays dead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gwenFan View Post
    It existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Probably the X-men still remember that too.
    Of course it exists, but no one in the last 10 years in-universe or out has chosen to acknowledge said existence. Hugo Weaving may say you can't kill an idea, but ignoring it is the next best thing.

Besides, Avengers 200 was only the first example I came up with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Of course it exists, but no one in the last 10 years in-universe or out has chosen to acknowledge said existence. Hugo Weaving may say you can't kill an idea, but ignoring it is the next best thing.

Besides, Avengers 200 was only the first example I came up with.
    They don't have to.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cxranger View Post
    I wonder what was the point of doing Secret Wars III (other than $$)? There was nearly three years of a very well-crafted build up, yet the outcome looks similar to the pre-SW status quo over the previous 6-9 months. Almost none of these new titles required SW to happen, and we are basically back to a just a slightly altered world.

There has got to be something more, right? I would actually like new or different stuff. I know the Big Two are skiddish about actually creating new characters due to rights and all, but there has to be a better answer than recycling the names and characters?
    Because its a really, really good story?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Because its a really, really good story?
    Secret Wars is a good story, but the post-SW reality seems (as of now) little different from the one that existed before.

I love the world-building of Secret Wars and would love to see more of it.

Incredible Member

I haven't enjoyed an event this much since... House of M... maybe as far back as Executioner's Song

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    From what I heard about the new MU, I am very concerned if it will be the Marvel we know and love. Instead I'm hearing political correctness for this "reboot". Oops I mean relaunch. Everything is rubbing me the wrong way. I'm about to get more DC comics for my superhero crave because they are trying to do some innovative things. They are not perfect, but they are learning. Marvel looks like they are being controlled by higher ups that want to kick out the old generation and go for the new MCU/Ultimate Spider-man generation. That pisses me off. Hell, Marvel is trying to do a half assed attempt for a young avengers with putting Kamala, Sam, and, Miles to the Avengers. Are the veterans so irresponsible that they would have CHILDREN on a response group team?! Also, I'm still mad the way they are treating the Nova Corps. Also, Iron Man being the mascot of Marvel….fat chance. Good luck dethroning Spidey. All because RDJ and his EGO.

The reason why I'm ranting is because i'm worried and concerned that what's left of 616 won't be as iconic in the new universe. I'm all up for chance and modernization. But, changing for the sake of change gets me frustrated. What get's me really upset is the race and gender changing. That really irritates me. I'll tell you what I don't like:

Sam Wilson as the New Captain America (Sam is not as fun as he was when he was Falcon)

Jane Foster as Thor (Don't care what anyone says…THERE IS ONLY ONE THOR AND HIS NAME IS ODINSON)

I feel like they are gonna race change and gender swap the old characters…. as a black man I ask this….WHY NOT CREATE NEW CHARACTERS?! HOW HARD IS IT TO PROMOTE.

Here's how to do it:

1. Create that character in a popular title to give him that attention (like Spider-man)

2. You announce a solo title for the character

3. You PROMOTE the character anywhere you can (Conventions, TV, Comic stores, etc)

4. Put a great writer of color or gender to that character. Hell even someone white would be good if they can understand the character and give them a mythology for them (AL EWING)

5. Get an A list artist to be on a title for each arc.

THERE: see how easy that was. I don't think what's so hard about this.

Wrapping up: Are you all afraid of the Marvel Universe not being the MU you know for 75 years. Do you agree with Marvel's PC changes or some of it's hate for certain characters and things not in the Universe?
    What makes you think raj and his "ego" had Anything to do with iron man being the marvel mascot?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    I haven't enjoyed an event this much since... House of M... maybe as far back as Executioner's Song
    I wish it would last longer than 8 issues. Seems a whole lot of story left to tell in just four more issues.

I think it was unfortunate that Marvel revealed so much of the post-SW now. I am curious though that there are several versions of each character running around - what will happen to them? I am personally very okay with multiple variations of characters on one Earth, although a new multiverse would be a ton of fun and have more room develop.