Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

As long as Rachel I s a core team member in a book and written well I could care less about the rest of MU outside a few characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarvell View Post
    Now everyone knows how I felt when it happened to Marv a couple years ago. I like Carol Danvers, but making her Captain Marvel assures that Mar-vell won't be back.
    Was there ever a chance that Mar-Vell would come back? Marvel was only interested in keeping the trademark, having a currently popular superhero take up the mantle of Captain Marvel makes a lot more sense than resurrecting a hero that has been dead for 30+ years.

It really is getting out of hand in a big way and I think it'll hurt Marvel in sales. I just know with all the Caitlyn Jenner news out there, someone will become transgender. Marvel is trying really really hard to be PC and its kind of pathetic. Focus on writing good stories and quit trying to please the vocal miniority who make up a very small percentage of your sales.
    There have been countless other Captain Marvels. I don't see how this is some form of PC gone rampant. Its not as if Carol took something from him.

I've pretty much given up on Marvel. I haven't cared for the direction Marvel has been going in for quite awhile. I've only been picking up an issue here or there but I just put my last order into Westfield Comics and I didn't have one Marvel book on the order form.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dogwelder View Post
    This just came in........Aunt May will be a transvestite in her new series "The Superior Cross dresser"
    I can't even believe you used that word. Also, Aunt May can't really be a transvestite (aka a cross-dresser) since it is perfectly normal for women to wear men's clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    I can't even believe you used that word. Also, Aunt May can't really be a transvestite (aka a cross-dresser) since it is perfectly normal for women to wear men's clothes.
    Depend on the time, how far must I go into the past until this is not the case 70's , 60's ?

Incredible Member

Focus on writing good stories and quit trying to please the vocal miniority who make up a very small percentage of your sales.
    You realize that you (as a member of this board screaming into the internet void) ARE the vocal minority? The 45 of you who come on here each day and hammer away at your keyboards screaming in frustration do NOT represent the views and opinions of the average comic book buyer, so why would Marvel try to please you, when you make up such a small percentage of their sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Was there ever a chance that Mar-Vell would come back? Marvel was only interested in keeping the trademark, having a currently popular superhero take up the mantle of Captain Marvel makes a lot more sense than resurrecting a hero that has been dead for 30+ years.

There have been countless other Captain Marvels. I don't see how this is some form of PC gone rampant. Its not as if Carol took something from him.
    No...not really...but who knows because Marvel was "crazy weird" with the property.

Joe Q really struggled with mar-vell...kinda unfairly ditching Genis for , what ended up to be Skrull-Vell in a hacked storyline. Then, the rumor of Gravity being potentially slotted. With Phyla-Vell and Noh-varr mixed in there as well. Frankly, I dig all those characters.

We also had two "actual" Mar-vell returns in Chaos War and in AvX.

In all honesty, from a potential cosmic story angle...Skrull- Vell had a TON of potential for at the least, a solid Genis-Vell type run.

But as for Carol, she was a natural fit for the mantle and I thought it was a good place for her...problems was I really disliked the stories they gave her and KSD's job. I'm hoping they can turn it around. I think the chatter for Carol as "unworthy" comes from the fact she's had two volumes and they have not sold...other characters in the line have been tossed off and aside for less of a track record of production, so clearly a bit of long game + some sort of "special treatment" is in mind with her. What's shameful is how they slough off Monica Rambeau...but I digress.
    Last edited by THANOSRULES; 06-28-2015 at 07:18 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    But as for Carol, she was a natural fit for the mantle and I thought it was a good place for her...problems was I really disliked the stories they gave her and KSD's job. I'm hoping they can turn it around. I think the chatter for Carol as "unworthy" comes from the fact she's had two volumes and they have not sold...other characters in the line have been tossed off and aside for less of a track record of production, so clearly a bit of long game + some sort of "special treatment" is in mind with her. What's shameful is how they slough off Monica Rambeau...but I digress.
    I didn't mind KSD first volume, but the second one was just boring. The adventures of Carol and Spacecat were a pretty aimless storyline. I also don't like some things about her character. They keep stressing her military background so much, they ended up giving her a butch haircut. Since when has her military background been such a huge part to her character? Its not like she's Captain America. I preferred Reed's take on the character. In Avengers: Assemble, she is apparently bothered by some sexist joke Stark makes and talks about having pulverized iron in her breakfast. Jeez, those type of comments have never really bothered her before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    As long as Rachel I s a core team member in a book and written well I could care less about the rest of MU outside a few characters.
    HERE, HERE! I hope Rachel starts to be shown more often. I would love for her to be a Spider-Man comic.

No...not really...but who knows because Marvel was "crazy weird" with the property.

Joe Q really struggled with mar-vell...kinda unfairly ditching Genis for , what ended up to be Skrull-Vell in a hacked storyline.
    Genis died two years before SECRET INVASION, as part of a story that built up to his end. Genis is one of my favourite characters, and I would love to see him return, but I don't think the Skrull Mar-Vell had anything to do with his death.

Then, the rumor of Gravity being potentially slotted. With Phyla-Vell and Noh-varr mixed in there as well. Frankly, I dig all those characters.
    If Phyla had got a legitimate shot at being Captain Marvel that would have been cool, though I'd be happy if she hadn't been killed-off just to sell Thanos as a real threat. We know Thanos is a real threat, he's one of the scariest dudes in the galaxy.

Personally I prefer Noh-Var just be Noh-Var. Great character, not a great fit for Captain Marvel.

Carol is a good fit, though. She's as much a part of Mar-Vell's legacy as Genis and Phyla -- probably more-so considering the circumstances of in-universe creation -- and she's clearly being positioned by Marvel to be a tent-pole character, which is cool. At some point I'd like to see Teddy take up the mantle -- if only so he stops calling himself Hulkling, which is a terrible name -- and I think Rick Jones would be a good fit as well, but I imagine that at this point Carol will be the default Captain Marvel, just like Steve Rogers will always be the default Captain America, and Tony Stark will always be the default Iron Man; they can tell stories where other characters take up the name for a period of time, but it will always go back to Carol now, which is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I haven't gain much sleep to day so I can't filter information. Is it okay for Rachel to be the good night fee of Marvel ?

Spideyparker75

Firstly I dont think 50+ new titles will work long term. I dont think anyone will buy all 50, you will buy what interests you and no more then that. I really cant see all these new titles being as successful as Marvel will want them to be.

All that interests me is Spiderman Renew Your Vows and what may come from that. All New, All Different Avengers and what may come from that plus the Star Wars and Darth Vader Ongoings. Its all I can afford when you add in the TF comics from IDW too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    Marvel is lazy, they see names like Captain America, Thor, Wolverine, and Nova and see those names as franchises and not individual characters. It's easier for them to just plop a new character in the outfit and namesake rather than spend the time and effort to create new characters that people will love or even give some love and rejuvenate characters that don't get enough love.
    So you've never heard of the Flash, Green Lantern, Batman, or Spawn?

Quote Originally Posted by AntoninoC View Post
    So, I'm confused. I understand that some of you upset at Marvel's status quo because you feel your favorite characters are marginalized, or whatever grievance you have.

But you all are posting as if Marvel has no idea what it is doing. Has no idea about publishing. Has no idea about what their audience wants. If any of that were true, they wouldn't have the top market share almost every month. Yes, I know comics don't sell as much as they used to but I'm pretty sure that has as much to do with increased, and very strong, competition (re: Playstation, Xbox, mobile games, etc) than it does with anything else. These people are professionals and know what they are doing for the most part. If you don't like the books they are publishing, fine, but please at the very least realize you do not speak for all fans of Marvel and are not experts in comic book publishing and marketing.

Marvel has been extremely successful at what it does--top market share in comics almost every month, extremely successful film franchises, and TV franchises that are coming along nicely if not setting the world on fire. You may not like it what is doing personally, but that is not the equivalent of Marvel not knowing what it is doing.
    THANK YOU

I saw the leaked Marvel titles. I'm not very fond of some of these changes. They seem to be doing for the sake of it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    You realize that you (as a member of this board screaming into the internet void) ARE the vocal minority? The 45 of you who come on here each day and hammer away at your keyboards screaming in frustration do NOT represent the views and opinions of the average comic book buyer, so why would Marvel try to please you, when you make up such a small percentage of their sales.
    Here is the thing. Are those just comic book buyers complaining? Those could be comic book store owners. Book suppliers. Librarians. If it is someone who has the power to place that product on a shelf-I would take some notice.

Remember there will be 60 books produced by Marvel.

How many will actually reach a store? Who is the owner willing to say "I will not sell Captain America-because his CA is Steve Rogers and not Sam Wilson?" and gets away with it because he is the only comic store in town.

I saw the leaked Marvel titles. I'm not very fond of some of these changes. They seem to be doing for the sake of it.
    Well you would do it too if you realize you have a safety net. You can always toss certain folks back in their original outfits at any time to make up for any losses.

They are pretty much free to go wild.

As of right now Marvel is headed to bring a trend that they have had for years.

The originals were always back in place for any movie that came out.

Fantastic Four will end that. IF Sam is in the suit by Captain America 3-same thing.