Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    And to the people that are saying that Marvel does diversity with their teenage heroes....THEY ARE STILL names from prexisting WHITE MALE/FEMALE HEROES.
    Bendis created Eva, Triage, Goldenballs, Hijack... all not legacy characters, all diverse, all glorious. Most of the X-kids (in fact) aren't legacy characters - Anole, Dust, Rockslide, Mercury, Pixie, etc. Hell look at the Runaways or the Avengers Academy kids; again most are not legacy characters.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 06-22-2015 at 04:25 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

All-New Member

so you were able to get a sneak peek of all the upcoming titles to judge all this?

marvel zombie: Marvel does the same thing over and over and over they need to come up with new stories
    post secret wars and a new marvel universe
    marvel zombie: why oh why did they have to change things, couldnt they leave well enough alone..

comic companies cannot win

you guys would have shat your pants when thor was turned into a frog for issues upon issues

And to the people that are saying that Marvel does diversity with their teenage heroes....THEY ARE STILL names from prexisting WHITE MALE/FEMALE HEROES. And Sam is basically a joke. Sam defeated the Hulk.....RICHARD RIDER TOOK ANNIHULUS INTESTINES FROM HIS STOMACH. I also don't like how Jeph Loeb created Sam to be an idiot. Kamala is adorable so I don't have that much an argument since her character is great. Miles is a hit and miss. He can be interesting, but Bendis needs to get his grip off him and let someone else write him.
    I personally hate what they did with Star Lord...Pratt's charisma is just not transferring to this paper product of Bendis/Humphries...I guess if you want to talk race they made star lord "Whiter"...kinda ironic.

I think things go over smoother for me if I know the real/actual versions are still active or alive. Really this does not have a whole lot to do with "Change" as people say. I've always dug some change and doing new things when it was due...but this doesn't have to mean killing or replacing. Heck Nova was killed off for 3 different writers in 10 issues...was that a plan for success?

The notion that the "only" way for a new property to succeed is by taking away a position/ namesake from the character who has served in the position and made it what it is is a bit racist in its own right. Not only, it insults woman or people of color that they "need" the white namesake to make it. Frankly, I think a lot would find that insulting. I'm not going to dive in this much more...a lot of passion on some fans parts here and a touchy subject. The fact Peter Parker is already getting pushed out as Spidey again just tells me there is whack zealotry going on at marvel.

Its tough to pimp any character up to so called elite status...but the new characters like Wiccan and Hulkling, Patriot, Avengers: The Initiative, Runaways, Academy, The Original New Warriors, man I miss a lot of those characters and would love to see more. If the only way to prop up racial diversity in comics is this replacement method...I personally think we are in for some trouble. I mean Black Panther doesn't even have an ongoing.

I do agree, I don't have a problem with multiple versions of characters and extended supporting characters (Love things like Spider Girl, 2099, Silk etc) The only reason I don't dig miles is because the kid is 13...that's lame.

There's not a lot of racism on this thread...moreover, we have a gestapo of folks trying to trip each other up and gang up point a finger at folks trying to call them racist.. it sucks.

The lack of empathy, as always, abounds. Its a tough pill to swallow to have your favorite character yanked away and thrown in a dumpster or pushed aside. Nobody deals with the notion well. The OP is just expressing that. I agree, this sentiment is high right now...because it is really an issue when so many characters are messed with.

Not only, but as some of us are more experienced comic readers. This stuff doesn't work. Ronnie Raymond comes back, so does Ray Palmer and T'Challa or Hal Jordan. Often, some of these characters just don't work out in the long haul...a few do. Sales for USM support that notion too. My other issues with miles is that he took a top 10 selling USM book and pushed it well down the top 100. In other words; Miles tanked sales on a steady performer. He's got a cult appeal (like a Richard Rider, lol) but I'm not sure if he deserves to be "the" spidey...

Ultimately, I fully agree with the poster who said "You don't have to buy" its the simplest equation and what sends the strongest message.(and this is less and less true these days) But as civil comics fans...we can all still intelligently debate.
    Last edited by THANOSRULES; 06-22-2015 at 05:02 PM.

@ Double 0-NO, I do not hate my own people, I'm just a normal american comic book fan who doesn't like what he sees from Marvel and has the RIGHT say what I don't like, just like people that rag on Dc's New 52. Don't assume!! I like what DC's doing, I don't like what Marvel is doing and this is coming from a HUGE Marvel fan growing up.
    I'm right with you.

When Disney took over, it seems Marvel has went from a restaurant that specialized in certain foods, to a fast food joint that offers a little of everything BUT their menu is always in flux. They see this or that doesn't sell that is All New All Different, well it gets the axe. This leads fans of the old taste, the old food, to go elsewhere instead of constantly getting burned by gimmicks/that new burger with a different piece of cheese on it.

This direction Marvel is taking feels like desperation to me. Honestly, it has been Marvel vs DC for the longest time until Top Cow/Image moved into town. With technology increasing, people have SO many choices for entertainment. In the early 90's, were we looking at YouTube and Netflix? No, we were buying those gritty comics. Marvel right now is fighting not only DC, but Image, all the independent comic creators, and other forms of entertainment. I can't blame this desperation because printed form of media is holding on for life. Why buy a newspaper when your phone alerts you of news?

I felt Marvel had a good thing with the Ultimate universe. They wanted to change characters, races, etc and they had this platform to do it in. The Hulk in that universe could actually be a purple zebra that SMASHED and no one would be too upset because the original Hulk was untouched. But now Marvel's direction is not one I agree with. I can understand some people being loyal to the brand such as when there is talk of XBOX vs Playstation, but I am loyal to the characters I grew up with.

Hoo boy, another one of these threads huh? Never fails.

I'd be lying if I said I was excited for the All-New All Different MU. I'm not all doom and gloom about it, but I'm not bursting at the seams with enthusiasm either. I imagine the the new MU will reflect more of the MCU, which I'm alright with. I wish I could be excited, but I can't. There are going to be 60 new books, and so far we only know about a handful of them. We'll find out more in july.

I mostly read older and indie stuff these days. I'm a lot happier.

Eh, I'm sure there be about 5 books that will appeal to me, and I'll stick with them. More stuff out there I'm not interested in? More I save.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Eh, I'm sure there be about 5 books that will appeal to me, and I'll stick with them. More stuff out there I'm not interested in? More I save.
    I feel the same way. I hope Guardians 3000 comes back in some form. That was the best space book marvel had going for it, not all goofy and "ooga chacka ooga chacka" like the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I feel the same way. I hope Guardians 3000 comes back in some form. That was the best space book marvel had going for it, not all goofy and "ooga chacka ooga chacka" like the other ones.
    With 60 or so new books, there's bound to be something with more obscure characters. A-Force I'm hoping stays in its own dimension for maximum female cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Given the look of the things, apparently im only getting 4 books, the one about X-23, the one about Old Man Logan, and the two with Kamala in it.

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    I'm confused how people always found a way through analyse to found the bias of some writers.
    I don't think people have something against minorities only because he/she like character X not.

It is really annoying how the political correctness police goes through the board and hijack a lot of topics to discuss a lot of smock without fire. I can understand when minorities are bad treated , the world was also not nice to me when I was a kid and I was so different but couldn't we/you discuss that on a political board/section ?
    Welcome to this side of the INTERNET and one of it's biggest current wonders.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    I personally hate what they did with Star Lord...Pratt's charisma is just not transferring to this paper product of Bendis/Humphries...I guess if you want to talk race they made star lord "Whiter"...kinda ironic.

I think things go over smoother for me if I know the real/actual versions are still active or alive. Really this does not have a whole lot to do with "Change" as people say. I've always dug some change and doing new things when it was due...but this doesn't have to mean killing or replacing. Heck Nova was killed off for 3 different writers in 10 issues...was that a plan for success?

The notion that the "only" way for a new property to succeed is by taking away a position/ namesake from the character who has served in the position and made it what it is is a bit racist in its own right. Not only, it insults woman or people of color that they "need" the white namesake to make it. Frankly, I think a lot would find that insulting. I'm not going to dive in this much more...a lot of passion on some fans parts here and a touchy subject. The fact Peter Parker is already getting pushed out as Spidey again just tells me there is whack zealotry going on at marvel.

Its tough to pimp any character up to so called elite status...but the new characters like Wiccan and Hulkling, Patriot, Avengers: The Initiative, Runaways, Academy, The Original New Warriors, man I miss a lot of those characters and would love to see more. If the only way to prop up racial diversity in comics is this replacement method...I personally think we are in for some trouble. I mean Black Panther doesn't even have an ongoing.

I do agree, I don't have a problem with multiple versions of characters and extended supporting characters (Love things like Spider Girl, 2099, Silk etc) The only reason I don't dig miles is because the kid is 13...that's lame.

There's not a lot of racism on this thread...moreover, we have a gestapo of folks trying to trip each other up and gang up point a finger at folks trying to call them racist.. it sucks.

The lack of empathy, as always, abounds. Its a tough pill to swallow to have your favorite character yanked away and thrown in a dumpster or pushed aside. Nobody deals with the notion well. The OP is just expressing that. I agree, this sentiment is high right now...because it is really an issue when so many characters are messed with.

Not only, but as some of us are more experienced comic readers. This stuff doesn't work. Ronnie Raymond comes back, so does Ray Palmer and T'Challa or Hal Jordan. Often, some of these characters just don't work out in the long haul...a few do. Sales for USM support that notion too. My other issues with miles is that he took a top 10 selling USM book and pushed it well down the top 100. In other words; Miles tanked sales on a steady performer. He's got a cult appeal (like a Richard Rider, lol) but I'm not sure if he deserves to be "the" spidey...

Ultimately, I fully agree with the poster who said "You don't have to buy" its the simplest equation and what sends the strongest message.(and this is less and less true these days) But as civil comics fans...we can all still intelligently debate.
    When Miles became Spider-man, USM was nowhere near the top 10. I'm not sure where this claim that Miles tanked the book is coming from.

And Miles isn't 13.
    Last edited by Username taken; 06-22-2015 at 09:49 PM.

I found this article on what Stan Lee thinks about changing characters races:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=121985

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    It is really annoying how the political correctness police goes through the board and hijack a lot of topics to discuss a lot of smock without fire. I can understand when minorities are bad treated , the world was also not nice to me when I was a kid and I was so different but couldn't we/you discuss that on a political board/section ?
    You know what's even worse than smocks without fire and the political correctness police?

People who act like there's a such thing as "the political correctness police" and use that belief to try to tell other people what they can or cannot discuss and where.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    You know what's even worse than smocks without fire and the political correctness police?

People who act like there's a such thing as "the political correctness police" and use that belief to try to tell other people what they can or cannot discuss and where.
    Well, you can end up in jail if you dont sit in the right way on the NYC's subway...............................

So "the political correctness police" does exist, but just for that really really minor crime.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, you can end up in jail if you dont sit in the right way on the NYC's subway...............................

So "the political correctness police" does exist, but just for that really really minor crime.
    That's not political correctness, that's people tired of having to scooch over onto a tiny portion of a seat they're paying for, so some jackass can stick his leg in front of that seat.

And, I haven't seen one legit paper carry a story about anyone getting jailtime for that.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    That's not political correctness, that's people tired of having to scooch over onto a tiny portion of a seat they're paying for, so some jackass can stick his leg in front of that seat.

And, I haven't seen one legit paper carry a story about anyone getting jailtime for that.
    But the funny thing is that women spreading their bags all over the seat is still legal and a perfectly aceptable behavior.

And well, the pair of latinos that were arrested the other day didnt end up in jail, just because the judge thought that there was no way that the subway would be that full at midnight.