Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel Announces "Doctor Strange" Series By Aaron, Bachalo

Writer Jason Aaron and artist Chris Bachalo will go on a mystical journey with the Sorcerer Supreme in this post-"Secret Wars" series.

Full article here.

Fantastic news. A great writer with one of my favourite comics artists. Definitely in for a trip.

BANNED

"STRANGEWORLD" crossover or bust.

Spectacular Member Sad Superman's Avatar

Slam dunk creative team.

This is going to be good.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Consider me interested.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

A Doc Strange series, finally.....written by Aaron.

Sigh

Well, too bad for me.

Amazing Member

Excited that we at least get a solo Strange series but iffy on Bachelo. Not my first pick for an artist who can set a mystical tone. Strange looks too "guy on the street" from those concept renderings.

The only Aaron stuff I've read is his Star Wars stuff which has been just kind of okay, and some of his Thor stuff which...eeeehhh. I'll still give it a try but my excitement for a new Doctor Strange series has been a little hampered now.

Incredible Member

Dr. Strange making house calls, rocking his cloak like a hoodie & wielding Axes, bows & Shields isn't exactly what I envisioned when I heard they were giving him an ongoing BUT what the hell it's got a good creative team & sounds interesting enough so I'm down.

I am not a fan of the artist, but LOVE the character and I'm a fan of the writer. Will definitely be getting this book. Glad to see Doctor Strange getting his own book again.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

From my experience regarding Jason Aaron on another supernatural based character, that being Ghost Rider, he can come up with some great concepts. He just likes to take certain liberties...

I'm torn over Bachalo. He'll either me amazing or terrible on a title like this. Hope he brings his A game.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

This is GREAT news! Considering Aaron's work on solo characters, especially the mystical elements of Ghost Rider, I feel like we are in for an absolute treat on the writing side. Chris Bachalo is a powerhouse in his own right and a perfect pairing for such potentially wild visuals. I hope this has the longevity the creators feel it will have.

Now put Jason Aaron on a Black Panther or Spider-Man book and we'll be set!!

And....sold! Fantastic team.

If Aaron can tone down his 'weird for weird's sake' tendencies (and not bring in the Orb!) I'll be happy but even if he goes all freak show I'll still buy it. Just hopin' that he ignores the tarnish Fraction added to the character, making him a sleazy womanizer. It's like Fraction never read a Strange story ever and was told he had been effectively married to his apprentice. Somehow that became 'abusing his superior position' when it had been the two already in love and Strange teaching Clea our dimension's magics much later!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Fabo creative team looks good
    X-Men Forever