Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

TASM2 was so bad, and had such an awful ending, that I have no interest in future Spidey films.

I have SPIDERMAN 2 on DVD, that's enough for me.

BANNED

Default the fate of the sinister six film

so we know that drew goddard is writing and directing the sinister six film but we all know how sony is. i mean they corrupted raimi's SM3 and nearly destroyed his foruth movie and corrutped both of webb's films so how will goddard's film survive this.

and let's talk about the easter eggs in tasm 2. now we saw vulture's wings and otto's tentacles but doesn't that take away the element of what made the cgaracters special like otto's childhood, otto's love life, and how his arms effected him. why is myterio in the film too?

got anything how these villains will be introduced and how this film will play itself out even without spiderman?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    TASM2 was so bad, and had such an awful ending, that I have no interest in future Spidey films.

I have SPIDERMAN 2 on DVD, that's enough for me.
    Hey, if you have a blu ray player, you can get the Raimi films on blu for ten bucks at Wally World and Target. I finally upgraded the first two films a few weeks ago; still on the fence about whether I want to get SM3 for the sake of completion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Cosmic View Post
    Hey, if you have a blu ray player, you can get the Raimi films on blu for ten bucks at Wally World and Target. I finally upgraded the first two films a few weeks ago; still on the fence about whether I want to get SM3 for the sake of completion.
    spidey 3 was just a mess with so many things cluttered, emo peter, harry amnesia, topher venom, sandman as uncle ben's killer, how it set itself up, etc.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I think they shot themselves in the foot with The Amazing Spider-Man 2. After the ending of that film, I don't think anyone will be particularly interested in a new project about Harry Osborn and his buddies.
    Couldn't disagree more. I think Harry could easily lead a Sinister Six Movie and it would provide a chance to understand the character and his choices better. ASM2 was a brilliant movie that gets better each viewing. Best score to any superhero movie and also the best female lead. It is possible to have a female character in a superhero movie who isn't a damsal or a fatale type.

ASM2 was good but I just simply don't care about any of those villain characters enough to watch what they do when by themselves. They all exist to serve Spidey and to give him an antagonist. No point having a movie with them that doesn't focus on Spider-Man. Its like trying to do a Lex Luthor movie without Superman or a Joker movie without Batman. Good luck getting audiences for that.

And its not like Sony can proudly say: "from the studio who brought you ASM2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    ASM2 was good but I just simply don't care about any of those villain characters enough to watch what they do when by themselves. They all exist to serve Spidey and to give him an antagonist. No point having a movie with them that doesn't focus on Spider-Man. Its like trying to do a Lex Luthor movie without Superman or a Joker movie without Batman. Good luck getting audiences for that.

Not all villains can be Dr. Doom.

(Although I think you could do a good Luthor story that doesn't involve Superman.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    No, I don't think so. You can use the Sinister Six as protagonists for their own movie by placing them up against an antagonist that's worse than them.

The question is, who's worse than the Sinister Six in the Spider-Man universe that they can actually use as a legitimate antagonist?
    Yeah, but then the question becomes, "Where is Spider-Man throughout all this?" I guess they will find some way around that, like setting the movie in the jungles of South America instead of the middle of Manhattan, or something?

LOL, exactly...

BANNED

If they'd just had it being a non-Goblin Harry using Electro to muscle his way through the business world, no Spidey showing up, I would have liked to see where that went. Not sure it could have carried an entire movie, but I think the same of most villains outside of something a little more street-level. A Superior Foes of Spider-Man would be a nice half-grit, half-comedy Indie.

Honestly, I have absolutely zero interest in a Sinister Six movie starring the versions of Goblin, Electro and Rhino that we just saw in ASM2. (It's like asking for more Jim Carrey Riddler and Halle Berry Catwoman in a Batman villain flick.) They were terrible.

BANNED

Default about drew goddard's sinister six movie

we all know drew scrapped daredevil and moved on to the sinister six but the strangest thing is that the sinsiter six film is being made yet there were no room for building up mysterio, doctor octopus, vulture and kraven in the amazing spiderman films. so how would this be a redemption film when they weren't even introduced let alnoe have their core origins like doc ock and vulture making their own tools. i can imagine blackie drago in this since he's just some punk and in the ultimate version he looks like the younger version of adrian toomes but what about doc ock. i mean he was a scientist who made the tentacles and thanks to that he became a super villain. so how would each of these villains be introduced?

I will honestly be surprised if this Sinister Six movie manages to be any good. Seriously, the entire concept just sounds like a ready-made box-office failure.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

It could work. Think Ocean's Eleven, with spandex.
    *Pictures it, then goes into therapy*

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    TASM2 was so bad, and had such an awful ending, that I have no interest in future Spidey films
    Agreed 100%.