Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Otto View Post
    It could work. Think Ocean's Eleven, with spandex.
    *Pictures it, then goes into therapy*
    i haven't seen ocean's eleven but if goddard will take inspiration for that movie and give time to the sinister six then hopefully it'll be good. but i wonder if spidey will appear or not

I would say that what they are probably thinking about doing in terms of plot for this movie and how they are going to shoot it, will be kind of like this. I think that the movie will be shot through the perspective of the sinister six planning their big scheme not through the perspective of peter parker stopping them. So instead of only seeing the things the sinister six do we will get to see all the planning and team dynamic and chemistry and only see spider-man stopping them. So imagine your watching a movie through the eyes of the bad guy and you finally get to see all the stuff that they do prior to the big scheme and you only get to see your hero stop it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I would say that what they are probably thinking about doing in terms of plot for this movie and how they are going to shoot it, will be kind of like this. I think that the movie will be shot through the perspective of the sinister six planning their big scheme not through the perspective of peter parker stopping them. So instead of only seeing the things the sinister six do we will get to see all the planning and team dynamic and chemistry and only see spider-man stopping them. So imagine your watching a movie through the eyes of the bad guy and you finally get to see all the stuff that they do prior to the big scheme and you only get to see your hero stop it.
    awesome. but what about kraven, doc ock, mysterio, andvulture? i mean they each have their own origins and i wonder how they would be set up?

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

If they do go the route of having the Sinister Six take on an even slimier foe, my guess is it will be Gustav Fiers, a.k.a. the Gentleman, a.k.a. the "man in the shadows" in the films thus far. He's the creepy dude who had Peter's parents killed and organizes the Six to do his awful bidding but eventually they backstab him (Seriously, if you haven't read Adam Troy-Castro's "Sinister Six" novel trilogy, please do so. They're gold. Even though Peter's "maybe-but-probably-not" sister Pity ends up running off with Scooby Doo and company--I kiddest thee not).
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    awesome. but what about kraven, doc ock, mysterio, andvulture? i mean they each have their own origins and i wonder how they would be set up?
    I think that depends a lot on how they'll be initially portrayed. If they're gonna humanise characters like Kraven or Mysterio they're gonna need an origin. If they're already bad guys and they like being bad guys I think they don't need to have extensive origins, their actions speak for themselves. I think the latter is the way to go, personally. Give Spidey some bad guys that are bad guys to begin with.

BANNED

but this is a new universe and you are introducing vulture, mysterio, and kraven. heck, what about doc ock? he's known for building the tentacles and thanks to the tentacles he's built he was now the villain you all know him pre-superior. did doc ock even built it himself? i hope we'll see what happens. i mean in the spectacular spiderman he was working for norman and the big man under his will and even agreed to help norman get the spider blood in vol one of ultimate spiderman. i can definitely see blackie drago as vulture since he was just some thug bto begin with. i believe it would be best to create some webisodes with these guys' backstories and their battle with spiderman.

but this is a new universe and you are introducing vulture, mysterio, and kraven. heck, what about doc ock? he's known for building the tentacles and thanks to the tentacles he's built he was now the villain you all know him pre-superior. did doc ock even built it himself? i hope we'll see what happens. i mean in the spectacular spiderman he was working for norman and the big man under his will and even agreed to help norman get the spider blood in vol one of ultimate spiderman. i can definitely see blackie drago as vulture since he was just some thug bto begin with. i believe it would be best to create some webisodes with these guys' backstories and their battle with spiderman.
    I hope they realize that Ock's too good a villain to introduce as part of an ensemble.

They don't actually have to introduce that many Sinister Six members. They already have Harry, Fiers, the Rhino, Electro, the Lizard and Felicity. Even if that's not the line-up (and it probably isn't) they don't need to introduce a lot of new characters.

If the Sinister Six film is set after Amazing Spider-Man 3, there may be some other new villains (I'm kinda hoping not since the recent film shows how Spider-Man films really aren't suited to featuring this many bad guys). But since the narrative is about how Fiers has access to all of Osborn's inventions, Sony doesn't need a major origin story for a Mysterio or Vulture.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I hope they realize that Ock's too good a villain to introduce as part of an ensemble.

They don't actually have to introduce that many Sinister Six members. They already have Harry, Fiers, the Rhino, Electro, the Lizard and Felicity. Even if that's not the line-up (and it probably isn't) they don't need to introduce a lot of new characters.

If the Sinister Six film is set after Amazing Spider-Man 3, there may be some other new villains (I'm kinda hoping not since the recent film shows how Spider-Man films really aren't suited to featuring this many bad guys). But since the narrative is about how Fiers has access to all of Osborn's inventions, Sony doesn't need a major origin story for a Mysterio or Vulture.
    I would take issue with this approach. I think it would be terrible if Mysterio or Vulture show up as random people who have simply been given Oscorp technology, especially if they have no existing animosity against Spider-Man. If this were the case, they wouldn’t even be villains per say, but essentially just Oscorp employees. It’s one thing not to give them major origin stories; it’s something else entirely to reduce these villains to simply being powersets.

I do agree that Ock is too good to be introduced as part of an ensemble. Had they introduced him already, he would have made a great leader of the team. And I think that’s part of what’s missing about this opportunity. Without having pre-introduced all the characters, we will miss the dynamics between pre-established characters. It would be like doing Avengers having only introduced the characters from the Iron Man films, and suddenly having Thor, Cap, and Hulk just show up for the first time.

I think it would be in Sony’s best interest in light of TASM2 to scale back and turn “Sinister Six” into TASM 4, making it the culmination of this franchise, where Spider-Man faces a collection of his greatest foes.

The people they go up against have to be worse. If they kill civilians along the way, it's a fail in my book. I don't care at this point. I'm sick of villainy being extolled.

I would assume that the remaining 3 members of the Sinister Six will be introduced in ASM3 before the Sinister Six film but thats unconfirmed and a complete theory. I also dont know why everyone thinks that Kraven, Doc Ock, Mysterio and Vulture will be members of the Sinister Six. Just going off what we know and assuming that the Sinister Six will indeed have Six(6) members, we KNOW FOR A FACT that the first three are 1: Green Goblin, 2: Rhino, 3: Electro. We can ASSUME that there are 2 more members based on the scene in ASM2 who are 4: Doc Ock (we saw the arms), and 5: Vulture (we saw the wings). The sixth member is a complete crap shoot, it could be Kraven, it could be Venom, it could be Mysterio. But I would assume that it would be 1 of those 3. Probably Venom because they are setting up a venom line of films and the attention that Flash Thompson received in ASM2.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I would assume that the remaining 3 members of the Sinister Six will be introduced in ASM3 before the Sinister Six film but thats unconfirmed and a complete theory. I also dont know why everyone thinks that Kraven, Doc Ock, Mysterio and Vulture will be members of the Sinister Six. Just going off what we know and assuming that the Sinister Six will indeed have Six(6) members, we KNOW FOR A FACT that the first three are 1: Green Goblin, 2: Rhino, 3: Electro. We can ASSUME that there are 2 more members based on the scene in ASM2 who are 4: Doc Ock (we saw the arms), and 5: Vulture (we saw the wings). The sixth member is a complete crap shoot, it could be Kraven, it could be Venom, it could be Mysterio. But I would assume that it would be 1 of those 3. Probably Venom because they are setting up a venom line of films and the attention that Flash Thompson received in ASM2.
    Because that is exactly what the end credits of ASM 2 showed along with Rhino and Goblin's Glider.

Take it with a grain of salt, but Umberto Gonzalez of Latino Review thinks it's cancelled.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Sinis...led-66333.html
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of the Crows View Post
    I would take issue with this approach. I think it would be terrible if Mysterio or Vulture show up as random people who have simply been given Oscorp technology, especially if they have no existing animosity against Spider-Man. If this were the case, they wouldn’t even be villains per say, but essentially just Oscorp employees. It’s one thing not to give them major origin stories; it’s something else entirely to reduce these villains to simply being powersets.
    I had actually given this some thought before. I was very frustrated to see Oscorp have the Vulture wings and Ock harness in that sub-basement for military products, but I found a way to rationalize it very easily that still gives their original creators some due.

In the case of Toomes, you can still operate using this origin point with the end result being that Oscorp bought all of the assets and intellectual property attached to Toomes's flight harness project:

Adrian Toomes was born in Staten Island, New York. He is a former electronics engineer who was once the business partner of Gregory Bestman; Bestman handled the finances whilst Toomes handled the inventions. One day, after creating a flight harness, Toomes eagerly rushed into Bestman's office to share the happy news. However, Bestman was not there, and Toomes discovered that Bestman had secretly been embezzling funds and that Toomes had no legal recourse, meaning he lost his job...
    That would make him embittered to Oscorp and Osborn, but far enough at the end of his rope (since he is older but not decrepit) that he would do anything for an opportunity to get his hands on his invention.

Doc Ock is a bit trickier. I do agree that Otto does deserve his own film, so in his case it actually DOES make sense to reduce the Ock identity to a powerset. Give it to Carolyn Trainer. That way you give the film's cast a boost of estrogen so it's not just a boy's club. Octavius will get a mention being the original designer of the harness (Oscorp has a 2.0 version based on Otto's designs) and his not having been seen in years after his experiment went awry. He'd also act as the Master Planner, the guy who actually figured out all of the variables to make the heist successful, which it winds up being. A third act reveal followed by a few twists and you get Doc Ock as the head of the Sinister Six.

If it were up to me though, ASM2 would have had either Kraven or Mysterio as the villain. Either one of those guys would have been better than Electro, imo. Kraven would have tied better to ASM's story with the Lizard who would have made a reappearance to help Peter at some point in the story, while so much fun could have been had with Mysterio's illusions.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 07-21-2014 at 07:01 AM.

I want this movie to fail. I really do. Sony haven't made any compelling villains at all. Electro, Rhino and the Lizard were cartoony, boring enemies that failed to interest me. All the actors have been wasted : Jamie foxx and paul.g and Rhys ifans didn't have any material to work with that was up with the standard of their talents. Its a movie that doomed to fail and its gonna backfire on Sony.
    I look around at us and you know what I see? Losers... I mean like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have, man, we have, all of us. Homes, and our families, normal lives. And you think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it's giving us something. It is giving us a chance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Take it with a grain of salt, but Umberto Gonzalez of Latino Review thinks it's cancelled.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Sinis...led-66333.html
    Am I right to not really trust Latino Review? Until he actually posts an article, I'm not believing this for a second.