Super Moderator

Default Dark Horse Collected Editions and Graphic Novels Debut on comiXology

Dark Horse Comics has finally arrived on comiXology, with its "full digital catalog of collections, graphic novels and manga" now on the platform.

Full article here.

Bah! Collections only.
    Call me when its singles and i can sync accounts.

Awesome news.

The Dark Horse digital app left a lot to be desired, and the Comixology app with guided view is my preferred way to great digital books, so I'm happy.

I'm hoping the He-Man mini-comic collection will eventually be on Comixology.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Bah! Collections only.
    Call me when its singles and i can sync accounts.
    Sync-ing will most likely not be happening as the two apps are run by separate companies, unlike the Marvel and DC apps.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

About....Frickin'....Time!

I really don't mind them being collections, as most of Dark Horse's output are mini-series.
    And most have been going so long, like Hellboy, that Comixology readers will be busy buying the earlier volumes anyway.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I really don't mind them being collections, as most of Dark Horse's output are mini-series.
    And most have been going so long, like Hellboy, that Comixology readers will be busy buying the earlier volumes anyway.
    With Dark Horse now on Comixology; it might be nice to have another source for picking up their collections

Everything that I've purchased lately through the Dark Horse app has been in collections/bundles; which have been pretty good deals IMO. So it's become my preferred method for picking up previously published material. Since I have a ten-year backlog of Hellboy to get caught up on, the digital route will probably be the most cost-effective route for me.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

This is the response I got from Comixology today regarding syncing accounts:

"Great question, but purchases from Dark Horse's digital store do not sync/transfer to comiXology. But I'll pass along your feedback!"

Fantastic Member Iluvitloud1976's Avatar

This is awesome news on both fronts. For the fans & the publisher. But seriously, people complain just way too much! Be happy that Dark Horse now even has a partnership with Comixlogy. It's a lot of collections now available plus more new titles for people not familiar with to get interested in. Haters are gonna hate. So what if you can't sync the two websites! At least its a start. I for one am very content
    ".......he's wrong, we're not wearing costumes" -Leonardo, 1984

I think it's great news. Single issues would be nice too, but there's so much Dark Horse stuff I've to catch up on, it's good to be able to get them on Comixology now.

The Comixology site shows both collections and singles for sale.
    Engaging discussion of comics 10 years old or older http://classiccomics.boards.net

I own over 400 single issues through the Dark Horse digital site, which covers everything in the Mignolaverse they've put up for sale on Comixology. But I very much prefer the Comixology App for reading, so this doesn't help me unless I purchase everything again. I do understand why they can't sync the accounts and single issues though.
    Last edited by topfueluhl; 06-22-2015 at 04:51 PM.