Fantastic Member

Default Gotham By Midnight #6 Preview

New arc, new team member, and new artist. Juan Ferreyra is the new series artist as a new chapter opens for the Midnight Shift who are reeling after the events of the first arc and a brand new Gotham. Looks good and looking forward to what comes next.

The Midnight Shift is in danger from both its members and the rest of the GCPD! In a deadly new Gotham City, does the paranormal really still pose a threat? As the task force struggles to rebuild after their tragic loss, their only weapon against the supernatural and Internal Affairs both might be in the form of attorney Kate Spencer. Ray Fawkes and new series artist Juan Ferreyra are ready to take Jim Corrigan and his motley crew on the adventure of their lives – or afterlives!
    http://www.freaksugar.com/preview-go...ight-number-6/

I don't know. With new artist it doesn't feel same.

The new art is pretty good....but It still feels off without Templesmith's art.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I like the art myself. Can't wait to see where this is heading.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Arts good. Its interesting, and carries the tone well. It works for me.

The art was the only thing keeping me with this series. Fawkes is one of my least favorite writers if the Big 2 and has led to my dropping more books than any other recent scribe.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't know. With new artist it doesn't feel same.
    The only art that could really follow this would Andrea Sorrentino's but he's at Marvel now.

I really like the art but I've liked Ferreyra since Colder. And the 8-page preview the art looked really good so I'm optimistic but it's like a brand new book without Templesmith.
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

Astonishing Member

I loved the art.

I liked the story too. The ghost was scary; this ain't Scooby Doo.

I am thrilled at the return of spoilers:
    Kate Spencer
    end of spoilers. I hope her fans are happy too.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I enjoyed the book as well and I loved the art here. I thought it worked very well for the book.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Really enjoy this book. I love getting a glimpse into new character and fleshing out more about the cops of Gotham. While I loved Templesmith, Ferrerya is a fantastic artists and a welcomed edition to the team. This book is gorgeous.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

While I do miss Templesmith's art, this was still a good issue and the new artist still fits the tone.