Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abe Sapien #17

Default Abe Sapien #17

Coming out in October. Here's a preview of Sebastián Fiumara's cover.

That's fantastic. Looks like we're going to be getting into some pretty heavy stuff

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

This cover is simply incredible!

I feel like Allie is in such a good spot as of the last issue to really take this book forward in a truly new direction. One thing I really loved about Gaiman's Sandman was that Dream didn't even need to be in the book to make his present felt in certain issues. I for one would love to see Abe Sapien go in a similar direction. It was also something that Lovecraft excelled at... You didn't need to see everything to be impacted by it. In fact, I think that was Lovecraft's biggest strength - less is more, because the imagination and what's left off-panel is far more frightening than laying everything out for the reader.

Excited to see what this book has in store for us.

Default Abe Sapien #16

I'm really looking forward to this arc...

Abe returns to the place where Fenix shot him, and things get worse when a mysterious gas begins to leak from the ground. Pursued by a crew sent to bring him down, he runs into two different apocalypse cults, one of which worships Abe!

Amazing Member

Just saw the preview and it almost feels like a conclusion to Abe's journey. Everything is coming together.

spoilers:

Grace, surprisingly, is still with Abe! I'm glad she didn't end up as a character solely used to introduce Abe.
    And I'm pretty certain I saw the hippie that was worshiping him and the egg at the Salton sea.
    It's sad Abe really believes BPRD wants to dissect him though.
    We know Abe was scared and confused (no thanks to Panya) when he woke up from his coma.
    But with Kate being in charge and Liz returning, he should have more faith in his former comrades.
    Of course Devon and Fenix's involvement might make things even more complicated.

end of spoilers

P.S. thanks Middenway!
    Last edited by Septaryeth; 09-06-2014 at 05:47 PM.

It's "spoil" not spoiler for the tags.

It would seems the first 15 issues have been leading to this… I think the series has really taken off once Grace showed up. It was a bit slow going at first, but now that he seems to be actively looking for answers as to who he is I like where it is going.

For the art in this arc, Sebastián Fiumara did inks and then coloured graffiti.

The Claw of Justice!

I was a little disappointed in this issue.
    I didn't think about it until I read the Multiversity review, but I really think they should've shown Abe's reaction to the confirmation that Hellboy is dead.
    I think I'm going to agree with the Multiversity review and give this a 7.

I REALLY wanted to love it as well…

By the way, just curious, did anyone catch that the multi-headed wolf was a hallucination? I didn't catch it at all.
    Last edited by middenway; 09-11-2014 at 04:43 PM.

All-New Member

Every issue of this comic is amazing. The Fiumaras are just too good!!

Where was it said that the multi-headed wolf was a hallucination?

Quote Originally Posted by cantide View Post
    Where was it said that the multi-headed wolf was a hallucination?
    It was in Hellmail. Scott Allie mentioned it was a hallucination. But we've seen twisted monster heads before in stories like The Return of the Master, and we never saw the wolves' faces clearly before that moment, so it didn't play as a hallucination to me. I just thought the wolf had a messed-up face.

Interesting that it is an hallucination though, and it makes me wonder if it has anything to do with the multi-headed Christ statue in Abe Sapien #13.
    Last edited by middenway; 09-11-2014 at 05:15 PM.

All-New Member

Huh!! Serves me right for not reading it... yeah, it didn't read as a hallucination to me at all. When he killed it you couldn't really see its head, which might have made it clearer. I just figured one of the wolves got hit with the gas.

Wonder if the hallucination was from the gas? If not, Abe's starting to hallucinate a lot, that can't be good.

Quote Originally Posted by cantide View Post
    Wonder if the hallucination was from the gas? If not, Abe's starting to hallucinate a lot, that can't be good.
    My thoughts exactly. This arc is a prelude to something big: a five-issue arc after this!