Thread: Liz and Hellboy

All-New Member

Default Liz and Hellboy

DO they ever get children together? The first movie made it a point there was attraction and the comics make it obvious that he is half human so... Its possible... Isn't it?

Having Baby maybe possible, since Hellboy himself is half-demon.
    but it would be quite awkward situation... because the relationship of Liz and Hellboy is more like old friends or sister-brother relationship in comics, rather than love interests.

So maybe it's possible, but they didn't have children.

The idea of Liz and Hellboy being romantically involved just seems creepy to me. Like Didism said, they're more like brother and sister.

Amazing Member

I'm pretty sure Scott Allie once said the same thing, that it's weird just to think about it.
    Yet somehow I found the movie presented the idea so naturally,
    maybe it's because Ron Perlman and Selma Blair are both really great actors that are perfect for the roles.

The funny thing is Hellboy's real love interest in the comic turns out to be even younger and he had already met her when she was just a baby.
    Sometimes I wonder if Mignola did this just to oppose Allie on purpose
    Last edited by Septaryeth; 10-08-2014 at 05:27 AM.

Younger? No, Alice is definitely older. She was born 1959, and Hellboy in 1944. Hellboy would have been 14 or 15 when he first saved her from the fairies. But they didn't grow up as siblings, and when they met again, Alice was already in her fifties and Hellboy in his sixties.

I think the movie gets away with it because Hellboy has a completely different personality in the films. The character is technically in his fifties, but they played him young and innocent, and Liz as the more mature of the two.

All-New Member

Actually I've just read the 2nd movie ended with the reveal that Liz was waiting for Hellboy's twins... Mmm... But then in the comics his only love interest, Alice, can't have children with him, albeit, she got slowed ageing from her unusual backstory... maybe she can bear his children... But they would be basically 3/4 normal human 1/4 demon...

Why is this so important to discuss further, no offense? Mignolaverse is not very particular with romance between characters. I would say it's very little about such things and I like it that way. The second movie still hunts me to be honest.

All-New Member

Why is it so important? Just think of the possibilities? Romance? Screw romance! Think of the raw power! A Munchkin's delight!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

In terms of my enjoyment of Hellboy, a character's "power" really isn't the appeal.

All-New Member

I love the power-behaviour/personality interaction.

That was the worst part of the movies, in my opinion. I would never want to see it in the comics. I would be much more open to a Liz/Abe relationship. Not saying I want it, it would just seem more natural.