Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I don't know but i pray it's soon.i've been a wonder woman fan since i was a child and i can honestly say i haven't collected all her comics due to the creators that were doin the book.with that being said.the finches need to go.the writing suck's.the art great for batman but not for diana.hopefully one day we can jason fabouk on her title love his art n version on the costume.also i'm looking forward to the day when wonder woman will have her own family of book's.such as.
    Wonder girl
    troia
    nu'bia
    artemis
    fury
    wonder woman=earth 2
    the amazons
    if superman can have superboy.supergirl.steel.action comic.adv of superman.superman man of steel.and batman can have robin.batgirl.catwoman.huntress.nightwing.detectiv e comic.batman the dark knight.just to name a few if she's so part of the trinity why don't they start treating her as such.i mean really katana.vibe.starfire.even harley quinn get's more respect then wonder woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    I wouldn't jump right into an event, yet, just start building towards one. Like you said, work on the foundation first. Speaking of which, what part of the foundation would like like to see "more solid?"
    Let's put it into Batman: Hush terms. I wouldn't want Rockface, Silver Swan, and Cyborgirl to just wind up in play when only one of Wonder Woman's baddies has shown up thus far. The same goes for having a little bit more of the Amazons and the Greek gods before you just kick off an event where they might come into play.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

While I haven't read all of the books in that picture, perhaps someone who has can answer this question: Are any of them as full of violence and deviant elements as Wonder Woman has been since the dawn of the New 52?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    While I haven't read all of the books in that picture, perhaps someone who has can answer this question: Are any of them as full of violence and deviant elements as Wonder Woman has been since the dawn of the New 52?
    Define "Violence" and "Deviant Elements".

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Define "Violence" and "Deviant Elements".

Things such as:

- Impaling Others
    - Sexual Assault
    - Beastiality
    - Cannibalism
    - Mass Murder Based on Gender
    - Adultery
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

So, you just don't know anything about Saga?

So, you just don't know anything about Saga?

Not a single thing.

Makes WW look like Looney Tunes.

Let alone Malekith in Thor. Again, WW looks pretty tame.

Black Widow decides to just kill a guy in cold blood because he has it coming in Black Widow #3.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I would argue that you are missing a many variables into how this rack probably came into being. Like any retail display there are driving factors based on the location of the store, incentives to sell specific titles (distributors and manufacturers/publishers often offer bonuses for certain products), individual taste from the person stocking, location of the actual shelf in the store plays a role too and from the look of the shelves this looks like a Barnes and Noble so there could be corporate incentives as well ... not to mention that there is zero evidence to show that these titles are in fact what appeals to female readers aside from the female main characters. Based on that assertion you could just as easily make the statement that the WW solo book not appearing on this rack is an indication that she has broader appeal to male audiences, especially given that her sales figures tend to be higher than the majority of the titles on that rack. Also where is Harley Quinn or Batwoman or Catwoman or Storm and why does Thor have two shelves?
    why would batwoman be ther? the book became a rape fest. storm is hardly a a success on sales or critical acclaim. harley quinn maybe is not hitting this demo despite sales? Catwoman lost a lot of popularity with ann nocenti, hard to recover from it;

I think the pictures are very accurate of what women are reading, with majority of the books being from independent publishers like Image. These books are frequently on NY times best sellers.

Saga is bizarre, but it is mostly a love story and a family fighting to survive in a cruel world. also hot men

so how to make the book popular with the young women demo?

I think that first is better think about WW basic supporting cast, before going for the villains. Johns recipe is start at the basic core and expand.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Things such as:

- Impaling Others
    - Sexual Assault
    - Beastiality
    - Cannibalism
    - Mass Murder Based on Gender
    - Adultery
    Yeah. Makes you nostalgic for the Golden Age, when Wonder Woman comics just featured Nazism, bondage fetishism, "sexual assault" (in the form of spanking) by the hero, the hero throwing an enemy to his death at the hands of an angry mob, deception rape (by Hercules), enslavement, racism, explicit misogyny and abuse of wives, "husband hunts" by ancient Amazons, heroes scalding enemy agents with molten metal and using enemies' poison gas against them and dropping enemy planes on their flight crews, a caricature of obese women, and mass murder based on being really creepy.

(Nothing against Marston--I'm just saying it's easy to list "deviant elements" in a lot of comics. Even a comic that famously appealed to both genders.)
    Last edited by Silvanus; 07-06-2015 at 06:44 PM.

BANNED

Let alone Malekith in Thor. Again, WW looks pretty tame.
    Ahh and with Agga at his side, carnage is never far away... like keeping the heads of ones enemies alive like his own personal trophy wall.
    And as a bonus, you get Odin at his worst, which includes a big slice of misogyny.

Regarding BW... well that's a spy book, so assassination, torture (also known as interrogation), quite a lot of punching, kicking and shooting is almost guaranteed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    With all due respect I don't necessarily think that one pic alone makes any kind of strong statement. Its one rack in one store. I mean, if we were to take that one image as some kind of strong blanket statement of what girls go for and what they only go for, then that picture would insinuate that Spider-Gwen isn't popular with girls, because its not there on this particular rack. And of course that couldn't be further from the truth.

That's not to say I'm making the counter argument that the main WW is popular with the female readership since the New 52. I don't know if it is or not. Just that one picture of one rack in one store doesn't really say much either way.
    I'm pretty sure that the comic book rack is so worshipped by girls, that the staff in the book store can't help themselves but to play this in the background https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpJ6anurfuw

Personally. I wouldn't mind a WW book akin to the golden age style in Darwyn Cooke or BA/CC:s WW#0, that does away with the origin stories by doing all sorts of them, as in myths. Diana being the GOW of mercy (sporting a Darwyn Cooke-ish shirt) during a war between the new and the old gods.
    Last edited by borntohula; 07-07-2015 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Yeah. Makes you nostalgic for the Golden Age, when Wonder Woman comics just featured Nazism, bondage fetishism, "sexual assault" (in the form of spanking) by the hero, the hero throwing an enemy to his death at the hands of an angry mob, deception rape (by Hercules), enslavement, racism, explicit misogyny and abuse of wives, "husband hunts" by ancient Amazons, heroes scalding enemy agents with molten metal and using enemies' poison gas against them and dropping enemy planes on their flight crews, a caricature of obese women, and mass murder based on being really creepy.

(Nothing against Marston--I'm just saying it's easy to list "deviant elements" in a lot of comics. Even a comic that famously appealed to both genders.)

The thing is, most of your list of deviant acts were committed by the villains(i.e. Nazis, Hercules, etc.). Also - I don't count spanking as sexual assault. Many parents still spank their children. Do you consider that to be sexual assault?