Page 230 of 347 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 5196
    Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    I don't see it happening, the Spider-Man name is honestly the one thing Miles has going for him, without it sales would drop and the book would get canned.
    Plus wouldn't introducing a new Iron Spider kinda of mean Miles is Spider-Man for the long haul?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Plus wouldn't introducing a new Iron Spider kinda of mean Miles is Spider-Man for the long haul?
    That and the fact he's made a Sinister Six out of classic Spidey villains(and Lady Electro), definitely.

The second Miles starts to get some villains of his own and not just Peter's I'll actually think it's a possibility they'll give him his own name.
    Last edited by TitanMax; 11-01-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    I'm trying to enjoy the moment while we're in it, but part of me is dreading the inevitable return to crossover country for Miles. Maybe this approach will be such a positive creative experience that it'll get extended. Because right now it is such a joy to read.
    Well Axel Alonso has said that once Secret Empire finishes, Marvel will take a break from line wide major events for awhile, so Miles is at least safe from tie-ins for now. Crossovers are a bit murkier though. Bendis did say previously that we'll be free from both for a whole year, which we are about at the half way point by now, so after that it's any ones guess. Personally I hope he experiments more with the idea of a "Bendisverse" , were the characters in the series he's writing can pop up briefly at times in one another's books. Something like a "micro-crossover". I'm pretty sure he'll be able to that more freely with the characters he's actually had a hand in creating, since he's still the main architect for their development.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    This my friend is what happens when, Bendis is not hampered down with constant major event tie-ins and crossovers (I still like the Sitting In a Tree crossover though) he's had to constantly work into his stories which seems to have been happening since Miles was first introduced. He's gone on record saying he was planning this stuff for years, now he finally has some real breathing room to implement them.
    It's made an enormous difference in the book. There's a whole different energy to it.

I'm with everyone with the whole Lana and Fabio thing. It really bothers me how Fabio makes such a big deal about this crush on Lana, when the only time we've seen them together, she accidentally made a fat joke and he was upset.

It also bugs me how clueless Miles is about Lana. I understand if you don't have feelings towards her, but SHE DOES! TALK WITH HER! Stop making that goofy face of "Oh, I didn't know." I'm just hopeful one of the next two issues we finally get a conversation between them again, because I've always loved their dynamic. And while Barbara does come out of nowhere, I will say I'm glad they gave her somewhat of a distinguished personality. She's not just some random could be anybody girl.

Even though the solicit and cover for the future issue does tease Lana teaming up with her mother again, I think there's going to be more to it. Especially because Bendis has already said he's not going to do that "scorned lover" thing. (not to mention pretty much all of the covers have been very misleading anyway)

Also, yeah that reveal was pretty great. Very smart with the direction of why the Sinister Six formed, and very interested to see where the Iron Spider goes from here.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I can't be the only one not feeling this Goldballs/Lana thing
    You aren't alone. I'm not even sure about this Miles/Barbara thing. I was excited to see Miles and Lana get together. Goldballs and Lana barely know each other and him acting all heartbroken and dramatic because someone he's spoken to once likes someone she's known for years more than him was kinda pathetic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    This my friend is what happens when, Bendis is not hampered down with constant major event tie-ins and crossovers (I still like the Sitting In a Tree crossover though) he's had to constantly work into his stories which seems to have been happening since Miles was first introduced.
    Meh, this book has only had tie-ins to CW2, and given Bendis was writing that too, I don't think that excuse gets to work here.
    Especially with how Miles centric it became.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    Meh, this book has only had tie-ins to CW2, and given Bendis was writing that too, I don't think that excuse gets to work here.
    Especially with how Miles centric it became.
    I'm also putting in all the event tie-ins from the Ultimate Universe.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

With Aaron back, I'm also hoping that Donald Roxxon puts up at some point too.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

The revelation on the Iron Spider. I'm not understanding this at all.

I just saw someone notice that Armadillo showed up in today's issue in the scene with Lana and Lori and he's been webbed up. So does that imply today's issue took place during the first issue of Spider-Men II?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    The revelation on the Iron Spider. I'm not understanding this at all.
    It could be a matter of Molecule Man bringing back Aaron along with Rio, what was intended as paying back a favor could have also had some negative effects.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I just saw someone notice that Armadillo showed up in today's issue in the scene with Lana and Lori and he's been webbed up. So does that imply today's issue took place during the first issue of Spider-Men II?
    Naw, because Spider-Men II's second issue had Miles first being formally introduced to Barbara, while here he is already dating her. Miles in Spider-Men II has also already met Jessica Jones, so this it is also taking place after Civil War II.

I think proper order goes:

Spider-Man #1-15 --> Spider-Men II #1-5 --> Spider-Man #17-present
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I had literal tears in my eyes from this issue, I'm so f*****g happy right now.

I have to catch my breath, I'll come back with my thoughts on this issue.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Great issue!

spoilers:
    The big reveal wasn't all that surprising but I am glad that it's official. Miles' uncle Aaron is back. I've been wanting him to return since Miles first made the move to the 616. Aaron in my opinion is the best villain Miles has had so far, so it's great seeing him back again. He was such a great foil to Miles in the ultimate universe. It will be interesting to see how Miles reacts now that Aaron has returned under his new alias Iron Spider.

Hopefully, this arc will also continue to progress Miles forward in his path to becoming a spy. Since it looks like Aaron's going to be attempting to heist a SHIELD Helicarrier, this seems likely the case.

As far as Lana/Fabio are concerned. I'm not feeling it either. They've only met on panel once or twice. So it really doesn't make much sense for Fabio to react so strongly.
    end of spoilers