Page 83 of 347 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 5196

There really is no excuse for why Peter needs to come first not when spider-man is the most popular hero and people know his story with help from 5 movies before this Marvel one, and it's obvious people who come up with this excuse just wasn't satisfied with the previous ones, but at least with this one you know why Marvel chose Peter, b/c Sony only has the right to that character, but Marvel stealing the Ganke character instead of being creative enough to characterize Ned and create their own friendship dynamic between Peter and Ned is inexcusable, and only makes it look like they'll steal his supporting cast and storylines but won't do a Miles movie, and is only going to have Miles fans facing off against Peter stans who are drunk on the koolaid.

So basically for this Marvel spider-man story, other fans of spider characters better watch out, their **** is up for grabs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    The transitive property thing you are implying here doesn't work because Ganke is a character from Miles' world, not Peter's. You can believe that Miles is a bland version of Peter and that he's "stealing" characterization, but I'm sure a number of fans can argue with that. The Ganke thing can't be argued. That character in the movie is Ganke in everything but name. It's clear they took aspects of both Spider-Men and linked them into Peter.

Anywho, just found there are rumors that Miles is in the film and has already been cast. Popular theory is that he'll be portrayed by this young man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Attah

Thinking about it, I'll forgive this Ganke transgression if they do one thing. Make Miles best friends with Kamala.
    Yeeeeeeessssss

I honestly don't get the people that don't see the problems with this obvious use of Ganke. People get all up in arms about continuity until the problem gets pointed at a character that they like. I mean even the site we're on right now wrote an article about it.
    http://www.cbr.com/no-thats-not-gank...oming-trailer/

The transitive property thing you are implying here doesn't work because Ganke is a character from Miles' world, not Peter's. You can believe that Miles is a bland version of Peter and that he's "stealing" characterization, but I'm sure a number of fans can argue with that. The Ganke thing can't be argued. That character in the movie is Ganke in everything but name. It's clear they took aspects of both Spider-Men and linked them into Peter.

Anywho, just found there are rumors that Miles is in the film and has already been cast. Popular theory is that he'll be portrayed by this young man.

Thinking about it, I'll forgive this Ganke transgression if they do one thing. Make Miles best friends with Kamala.
    I could live with this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I honestly don't get the people that don't see the problems with this obvious use of Ganke. People get all up in arms about continuity until the problem gets pointed at a character that they like. I mean even the site we're on right now wrote an article about it.
    http://www.cbr.com/no-thats-not-gank...oming-trailer/

I could live with this decision.
    Especially if both are Skype pals with a certain Arizonian by the name of Sam Alexander. Seriously Disney, "Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends" reboot with these three, & just replace the word "amazing" with "ultimate" and you've just taken the next step to literally printing your own money.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Que Marvel PR (Feige most likely) coming in and saying Miles will "show up" eventually or that Ganke isn't really Ganke or whatever excuse they'll use. I like Peter, but damn, I can't say that I'm not annoyed by this.

Him and Gwen basically.

That rumor is probably wishful thinking
    Spider-Man-Homecoming.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Especially if both are Skype pals with a certain Arizonian by the name of Sam Alexander. Seriously Disney, "Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends" reboot with these three, & just replace the word "amazing" with "ultimate" and you've just taken the next step to literally printing your own money.
    I would love a "Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends" reboot plus it would give the MCU or animated MCU something it severely lacks with some teen heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    That rumor is probably wishful thinking
    Spider-Man-Homecoming.jpg
    Just like the rumour that Michelle is actually MJ.

One rumour that IS valid is the presence of Silk, since there is a character called Cindy in that cast list.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Just like the rumour that Michelle is actually MJ.

One rumour that IS valid is the presence of Silk, since there is a character called Cindy in that cast list.
    Fair enough. Although nobody has made a Abraham is Miles rumor yet it's just speculation.

Didn't Zendaya say they gave everyone call sheets with different names, and also doesn't Angourie Rice who is "suppose" to play Betty look like Gwen in the trailers.

Eh, not like Ned was never Korean American before. This debuted back in 2008, 3 years prior to Miles Morales

Ned_Lee_(Earth-26496).jpg

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ned_Lee_(Earth-26496)

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    There really is no excuse for why Peter needs to come first
    The best reason to use Peter is because he has way more story lore to draw from. The Peter Spider-Man has over 50 years of stories to draw from. Miles on the other hand only has about 5 or 6 years of story and most of Miles stuff might as well not be canon due to Secret Wars.

Isn't Kamala planned for the rumored New Warriors TV show? Which would kinda make her off-limits to the movie side of things unless Feige comes in and says "no" to them using Ms. Marvel .

Stealing ganke would ve like we got an announcement next year of a miles movie and mj was his love interest
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Eh, not like Ned was never Korean American before. This debuted back in 2008, 3 years prior to Miles Morales

Thanks. I was getting ready to point out that Spider-Man Homecoming is more inspired by the Spectacular Spider-Man Cartoon. Liz Allen was Hispanic in that show and Ned was made Korean American.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    The best reason to use Peter is because he has way more story lore to draw from. The Peter Spider-Man has over 50 years of stories to draw from. Miles on the other hand only has about 5 or 6 years of story and most of Miles stuff might as well not be canon due to Secret Wars.
    That's not a good excuse as Marvel is showing once again that they're retreading some of the same **** the previous two franchises did, so obviously nobody gives a **** about his 50 year worth of history/storylines, and therefore that excuse does not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post

Let's not be obtuse and ignore the fact that the people taking issue with "Ned Leeds" goes beyond him being Asian.

Also where are half of you guys at when we're discussing other Miles related topic, the fact that we have people coming in a Miles Appreciation thread to defend the actions of a company means you know that it's an issue, otherwise y'all would have stuck with the other two threads.