Page 337 of 347 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 5196

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I feel like as a by-product of OMD, they've been pulling back on Mary Jane in other media as well.
    I would say that's been the case.

She barely did anything of note in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoons until a few episodes in the final season, we haven't really seen her in a movie since Spider-Man 3, and it's looking like the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon will be the first animated Spider-Man series where she doesn't even really appear since Amazing Friends in the 80's.

Although I think that also has to do with Marvel cartoons pretty much ignoring or going out of their way not to feature any kind of romance in their series.

The Insomniac game having her so prominent (and playable) is probably one of the bigger surprises of that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I mean, there are bigger things in the world to get upset about, but I don't like this idea of Miles being treated as "the other Spider-Man" in what is supposed to be a movie about him.
    Or have his movie stuffed with other Spider guest-stars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    There are rumors going around that Spider-Ham will be in the movie (no real surprise there), but there's supposedly one more person being announced. The primary theories are Miguel, Anya, or Cindy. I could see any of these possibilities happening Miguel since he has a history of involvement in things like this, Cindy since they might want to get an early introduction for her solo movie, or Anya because of the cartoon. If I had to guess it's probably one of the girls because at the moment the only girl we've seen so far has been Gwen and they'll probably want another to bring about some sense of balance.
    Y'know, I thought Peter and Gwen was one thing, but shoving all these different Spider-Characters into a Miles movie does seem kind of ridiculous (but in-line with Sony's obsession with spinoffs).

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they end up as little more then cameos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    We're never gonna see Mayday, are we?
    Would it really be surprising to see them not feature a character who's existence basically represents the Spider-Marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Here's the variant cover for the Spider-Man Annual #1 coming out next month. Its by Ryan Benjamin and it is glorious.

Cool .

I like the variant cover title's typography. Hopefully it's the same for the regular cover and they'll keep it for our boy's new solo.

Yeah the typography is really nice and I hope it sticks around too.

A few more toys have been announced:

Wouldn't be surprised if that's Miles's new logo, as it's actually his original one. His previous one was originally the Web of Spider-Man logo from 1988, while the one on that annual variant is originally from Miles's first series, 2011's Ultimate Comics Spider-Man.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if that's Miles's new logo, as it's actually his original one. His previous one was originally the Web of Spider-Man logo from 1988, while the one on that annual variant is originally from Miles's first series, 2011's Ultimate Comics Spider-Man.

Holy crap I knew that logo looked familiar to me. I really have no excuse of not noticing that sooner, especially since I got Miles’ Ultimate universe omnibus staring at me from my book shelf. Nice going spotting that, and yeah they never should have retired that logo in the first place. It leagues better than the “Spider-Man” one they made when Miles crossed over to the 616.

There was another logo between those two as well, used on the Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man series just before Secret Wars.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There was another logo between those two as well, used on the Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man series just before Secret Wars.
    That's also right. But if I were to compare the two I think the original one is the best. I really hope they keep it for the new solo including the new gradient gold webbing filling in the font the variant cover has. To me it can allude to his bio-electric powers including his new energy threads/webbing.

Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man

Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Gwen and Otto getting new titles. Are they saving the his announcement last?

I mean they've got to be and I'n looking forward to it. It will make a great late birthday present.

There might be one or two other titles announced first but I think Miles' new book will be announced or revealed soon .

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There might be one or two other titles announced first but I think Miles' new book will be announced or revealed soon .
    Yep, though I don't expect much but a cover and the title name this week, we'll still have to wait for a creative team next week at SDCC.

A small article with Moore talking about the movie
    http://ew.com/movies/2018/07/13/sham...-spider-verse/
    “This power is kind of handed to [Miles] when he’s not really looking for more responsibility,” Moore explains. “That phrase — ‘with great power comes great responsibility’ — it means the same thing, but it comes from a different place with this Spider-Man.”
    “Everybody has a purpose and a reason and a place,” Moore says. “I think that’s what [Miles’s] conflict is — finding his place. He’s like, ‘If there’s Peter, then how do I be Spider-Man? Can you teach me? How do I do this?'”

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yep, though I don't expect much but a cover and the title name this week, we'll still have to wait for a creative team next week at SDCC.
    I'm sure the writer will be Hill. After all, the annual's solicit says it sets up the new era.

BANNED

Marvel will be collecting all of this year's annuals in one bundle in January's "Time And Again" release

What mysteries await buried deep within the multitude of the Marvel Universe? During an advance scouting mission in World War II, Captain America and Bucky come across an old farmhouse where a group of concentration camp escapees are fending off recapture. Years ago, Spider-Man came back from an alien world with a fantastic new costume – a living alien symbiote looking to bond with him permanently! Anxious to find a world worthy enough to sate the mighty hunger of GALACTUS, Norrin Radd’s early explorations as the Devourer’s new Herald bear no fruit. When a Secret Invasion of Skrulls turns Manhattan upside down, Miles Morales must choose: do his great powers come with great responsibility? When Detective Misty Knight places the newest super-suit on the block, Daredevil, at the scene of a crime, sparks will fly – and not the good kind. What secrets has Kitty Pryde been keeping from her summer at Camp Maplebrook? And as World War II draws to a close, Sergeant Fury and his Howling Commandos face a mission unlike any other they’ve ever tackled!
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...rvel-universe/