Page 1 of 347 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Miles Morales Spider Man Appreciation

Due to the fact Miles Morales will now be placed in the 616, I decided to create an appreciation thread.

So on to the series, one of my most favorite things I'm looking forward to is the return of Sara Pichelli. Don't get me wrong, Marquez was a fantastic artist that somehow integrated Sara's own style with his own to create this new approach, but there's something about Sara's work that I adore. I picked up Guardians of the Galaxy in the beginning mostly because of Sara's work. Here's hoping Sara stays on the series much longer than she did before.

I've truly enjoyed the character's Ultimate run and have high hopes for him joining Marvel 616. Besides his great characterization, gripping stories and well rounded supporting cast (which I fear will mostly be left behind due to the nature of universe hoping) I really dig his look. There is just something appealing about a Spidey suit which has black as one of the base colors rather than blue; see Venom, Scarlet Spider II (Kaine) and of course Superior Spider-Man for other great examples of this.

Here's an interview Bendis and Pichelli did for Marvel.com in which they go a little more in depth about the upcoming series. I really appreciate the optimism and energy Pichelli is bringing back to the title. She seems very excited to be back drawing Miles again. I was really psyched when I heard she would be returning, and now I am even more so

Link:http://marvel.com/news/comics/24751/..._in_spider-man
    558820b5781e0.jpg
    Last edited by Greekfire13; 06-23-2015 at 01:31 PM.

I haven't yet read the entirety of Miles's previous adventures. But what I have seen, I have liked.

Some of his battles, his humor (CLONE? CLONE! CLONE!!!!!!). His family, his friends, Ganke, his dysfunctional superhero buddies.

I am happy we can continue seeing more of him, developing himself in a new world, with a familiar mentor and with a new team. Alas, like Celgress, I hope some of the above does survive Secret Wars too.

One suggestion for this thread, leo619: more images in the first post, helpful descriptions and an introduction, and links to his series in Comixology and Marvel.com.

(Question: Have those who would like to see a relationship between Kamala and Miles appeared yet?)
    Last edited by MarioHerald; 06-22-2015 at 10:52 PM.

I dropped off the Ultimate Universe years ago so I never read any of Miles stories, though wouldn't mind catching up through Unlimited. Where's the best place to start? Death of Spider-Man?

Gonna first start reading him through ANAD Avengers. If he proves to be an interesting character, I'll start buying his book.

Ultimate Member

I absolutely love Miles and have read every single issue of his book.\

I'm looking forward to his entry into the 616.

I am however concerned about what's going to happen with his supporting cast considering how close he was with the Parker family.

Quote Originally Posted by mlazic View Post
    I dropped off the Ultimate Universe years ago so I never read any of Miles stories, though wouldn't mind catching up through Unlimited. Where's the best place to start? Death of Spider-Man?
    You can probably just start with the issue 1 following this. All you really have to know is "Peter is dead". Miles can be seen for one panel in DOSM but you wouldn't even know if it wasn't addressed much later on. That being said I didn't think the series was nearly as good as the first 100 ish issues of USM

Quote Originally Posted by mlazic View Post
    Miles first debuted in Ultimate Comics Fallout #4. This series basically deals with the fallout of Ultimate Peter's death. You don't really have to read it though. I'd advise starting with Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Vol 2(2011) Issue #1. This Volume has 28 issues and an #16.1 issue. This vol. basically serves as the first chapter of Miles' story. You should read the miniseries Spider-Men(2012) at about around issue 13 or 14 of Miles' series. It is a crossover between the Ultimate Spider-Man(Miles) and the Amazing Spider-Man and it fits in around there. After you finish the first volume of Miles story then you can read the three Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics Spider-Man issues. Next comes Ultimate Spider-Man Issue #200. Then finally you may read Miles' most recent Vol, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man(2014). Then if you are reading Secret Wars you should be all caught up.

Here's the Full List:
    1. Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Vol 2 (1-28)+ Issue #16.1
    2. Spider-Men (1-5)
    3. Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics Spider-Man (1-3)
    4. Ultimate Spider-Man #200
    5. Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man (1-12)
    Last edited by Greekfire13; 06-23-2015 at 10:25 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarioHerald View Post
    I haven't yet read the entirety of Miles's previous adventures. But what I have seen, I have liked.

Some of his battles, his humor (CLONE? CLONE! CLONE!!!!!!). His family, his friends, Ganke, his dysfunctional superhero buddies.

I am happy we can continue seeing more of him, developing himself in a new world, with a familiar mentor and with a new team. Alas, like Celgress, I hope some of the above does survive Secret Wars too.

One suggestion for this thread, leo619: more images in the first post, helpful descriptions and an introduction, and links to his series in Comixology and Marvel.com.

(Question: Have those who would like to see a relationship between Kamala and Miles appeared yet?)

Now that you mention it I haven't seen anyone ship Miles and Khamala but I have seen a lot of bff shipping with them and Sam, the stories of them hanging out after school and getting into super heroics practically write themselves

Quote Originally Posted by MarioHerald View Post

I don't think I've seen any Kamala/Miles yet, but I have seen some Miles and Jeen in some other threads. Considering that they did have that crossover in which Miles appeared in All-New X-Men, it would be interesting to see how they interact with each other now that they're in the same universe. I think it was established in that crossover that Miles does like her.

Well yay to a thread, I'm ready for Miles rogue gallery to be built.

In some previous threads, Miles venom blast was brought up as being op, but usually you have villains/antagonists who can combat certain skills the hero has like Ultimate Taskmaster. So I'm ready for a full house and I'm hoping 616 Uncle Aaron is just as bad if not worse as the Ultimate version so he can become Miles first baddie in his rogue gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Well yay to a thread, I'm ready for Miles rogue gallery to be built.

In some previous threads, Miles venom blast was brought up as being op, but usually you have villains/antagonists who can combat certain skills the hero has like Ultimate Taskmaster. So I'm ready for a full house and I'm hoping 616 Uncle Aaron is just as bad if not worse as the Ultimate version so he can become Miles first baddie in his rogue gallery.
    Agreed. Uncle Aaron could get inside Miles' head unlike any other villain could. If I remember correctly, he spoilers:
    threatened to kill Miles' family before he died
    end of spoilers the last time they fought. It'd be interesting to see how Miles handles his uncle in the New Marvel Universe. I feel like there is a lot of unfinished business between the two of them and there are a lot of interesting story lines there that are yet to be explored.

BANNED

I do hope there will be a way to bring over Ult. Scorpion & Taskmaster, really liked those two as recurring villains

BANNED

I can't wait to see Miles interact with Peter's rogues.