Page 18 of 347 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Other View Post
    So, it seems that at least Ganke, Jefferson and Bombshell will live. Yay! I'm just yaying for Bombshell lolololol
    Excellent. I really wanted to see the Cloak & Dagger and Jessica come along but I can live with this. Now we just need a rogues gallery and a concrete release.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Yeah, that stinks but January will be here before we know it.
    More than enough time to get the 2 ulti books. Probably won't get the 3rd since MM:USM was bad for me.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    Agree. Yet disagree. I agree that it felt like there was supposed to be more, but it was cut short by the end of everything which is frustrating. Yet I liked that Miles got to meet the guy he is successor to and not just an alternate universe version. And it was kinda nice to see a Peter Parker ACTUALLY get to run off with MJ and not be forced to come back due to popular demand.
    It was insanely frustrating because they left the door wide open for Peter. It's like "Peter's alive and going off to find answers. Oh wait...end of the universe. Sorry." Maybe Ult Peter will make the jump somehow, but damn...there are a LOT of Spider-men running around now.

Agree. Yet disagree. I agree that it felt like there was supposed to be more, but it was cut short by the end of everything which is frustrating. Yet I liked that Miles got to meet the guy he is successor to and not just an alternate universe version. And it was kinda nice to see a Peter Parker ACTUALLY get to run off with MJ and not be forced to come back due to popular demand.
    You gotta point. Now it comes down to either Bendis was too decompressed to tell the whole thing or SW is just another even that blocked a worthwhile story.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

In either scenario tho, the ressurection of Peter took away developmental time from Miles and took focus off of Miles, I would say it shorten up the Katie/Hydra storyline, and what was even more frustrating was, that the whole Peter thing was resolved with a bow and added nothing (except to learn that Miles can't die and probably will be resurrected as much as Kaine has), which made it feel like we wasted time resurrecting a character just b/c the universe they died in was gonna be destroyed in the future.

In any case, glad to hear about Ganke and Bombshell (*sigh* and his dad) making it through, still hoping Ult. Cloak & Dagger make it through, but I could see them not making it through, in which case I don't want the older 616 versions. This could also be the start to giving Miles a supporting cast that's different from Peter's, if he doesn't have Cloak & Dagger by his side, and by god give him a rogues gallery.

I haven't read Ultimate universe is awhile so, how does Miles' dad handle him being Spider-Man?
    Currently reading: Daredevil(2011), Amazing Spider-Man(2014), Moon Knight(2015), and Pop Goes the Weasel(1998)

Quote Originally Posted by Enraged Arrow Enforcer View Post
    I haven't read Ultimate universe is awhile so, how does Miles' dad handle him being Spider-Man?
    He ran away when Miles told him.

Ooppss...

(He later came back and apologized and told Miles that he used to work for Nick Fury. And then Secret Wars happened.)

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    In either scenario tho, the ressurection of Peter took away developmental time from Miles and took focus off of Miles,
    Completely agree with that. Miles has gotten shafted when it comes to forming his own mythos. All we have is the story with his uncle Aaron and the death of his mother via Venom. Other than that he has no stories that weren't shared by other heroes.

Completely agree with that. Miles has gotten shafted when it comes to forming his own mythos. All we have is the story with his uncle Aaron and the death of his mother via Venom. Other than that he has no stories that weren't shared by other heroes.
    Didn't Peter's parents have something to do with SHIELD/Nick Fury because I wanted to count that as part of his mythos but it could just be another thing he was loaned from Pete.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Didn't Peter's parents have something to do with SHIELD/Nick Fury because I wanted to count that as part of his mythos but it could just be another thing he was loaned from Pete.
    Peter's dad created Venom, but I don't think he was connected to SHIELD personally. Just connected to corporate/government espionage. Or actually maybe he was. I think I remember they added on to it and Peter's dad even knew Bruce Banner. Miles' dad is connected to Nick Fury. Which is cool and all, but having a character's parents' have some sort of mysterious past is like the Godwin's Law of Marvel. As time goes on the probability of the story being written reaches 1.

So I guess it's very certain that Ult. Cloak & Dagger don't survive, since Dan Slott has plans for Cloak & Dagger in his book, and I just don't think it'll be the young ones. On the one hand I'm happy for fans of C & D, but on the other hand once all is done are they gonna used them again or be put back on the shelf i.e would they have had a certain longetivity being in the spotlight if they brought over the Ult. C&D.

But as stated before, this is a chance to give Miles a supporting cast that is different from Peter's. There's a lot of young heroes Miles can develop relationships with that has maybe never been in a Spidey book and there is no limit to the civilians/heroes Bendis can create for Miles to have.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

But as stated before, this is a chance to give Miles a supporting cast that is different from Peter's. There's a lot of young heroes Miles can develop relationships with that has maybe never been in a Spidey book and there is no limit to the civilians/heroes Bendis can create for Miles to have.
    Agreed. I want to see a whole new cast of villains for Miles, not Peter's retreads.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Agreed. I want to see a whole new cast of villains for Miles, not Peter's retreads.
    Especially for the villains, not really that gungho about Miles fighting Peter's villains especially when 3 other Spidey's were "given" that task as well.

I don't mind Miles fighting Peter's villains as just some thing he does, but I want the deep plots that involve villains to showcase new faces, characters who can be a part of Miles rogues gallery.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 10-12-2015 at 02:20 PM.

Especially for the villains, not really that gungho about Miles fighting Peter's villains especially when 3 other Spidey's were "given" that task as well.

I don't mind Miles fighting Peter's villains as just some thing he does, but I want the deep plots that involve villains to showcase new faces, characters who can be a part of Miles rogue gallery.
    Which is one of my fears. Miles ends up inheriting Peter's in whole and becomes the poor man's Peter Parker.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Which is one of my fears. Miles ends up inheriting Peter's in whole and becomes the poor man's Peter Parker.
    Same, which is why you I'm trusting in Bendis. He already stated how Miles will be different, that he's full on embracing his role. So I'm hoping along with this difference, we don't get hand-me-downs, like we did in the Ultimate books even if I did like Ult. Gwen, May and Jess sticking around.