Page 219 of 347 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269319 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 5196
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    spoilers:
    I knew it was the right call to listen to "Secret Agent Man" while reading these last two issues. And the Idris Elba as James Bond comment was absolute gold!
    end of spoilers
    I just absolutely loved that panel where he is loving how he looks in suit lol! the pose had me rolling

Great issue! The ending was quite the surprise. spoilers:
    I hope Tomoe becomes a recurring villain for Miles going forward. It seems like she had a thing for him. Those flashbacks with Uncle Aaron were really nice. And I really like how Miles can call his father in situations like these if he needs some help. And lastly, what Cable said about Miles being the centerpiece of the future of international espionage. I really didn't expect that. I thought Miles could possibly end up working for Shield some day but I didn't think Miles was going to potentially create his own spy ring.
    end of spoilers

I can't wait to see where Bendis is going with this.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greekfire13 View Post
    Great issue! The ending was quite the surprise. spoilers:
    I hope Tomoe becomes a recurring villain for Miles going forward. It seems like she had a thing for him. Those flashbacks with Uncle Aaron were really nice. And I really like how Miles can call his father in situations like these if he needs some help. And lastly, what Cable said about Miles being the centerpiece of the future of international espionage. I really didn't expect that. I thought Miles could possibly end up working for Shield some day but I didn't think Miles was going to potentially create his own spy ring.
    end of spoilers

I can't wait to see where Bendis is going with this.
    Come to think of it kinda makes sense.
    spoilers:
    Peter is going back to basics so perhaps Bendis wants Miles and him to not occupy the same space?
    end of spoilers

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

spoilers:
    So Miles is going to be the future of international spycraft, according to Cable, who was also on record, at least in his thoughts and recollections, that Peter Parker was going to be known as this present era's greatest hero. Greatest hero and greatest spy --- that's gonna be an awesome team-up, and I could see Peter and Miles having a partnership similar to Captain America and the Black Widow with Peter on the front lines as a symbol of hope and inspiration to rally people while Miles works the shadows to get the information necessary to accomplish their shared goals. I like it.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Come to think of it kinda makes sense.
    spoilers:
    Peter is going back to basics so perhaps Bendis wants Miles and him to not occupy the same space?
    end of spoilers
    I was thinking the same thing.
    spoilers:
    With Peter going back to basics, Miles kinda pulling back as the street level Spider-Man of New York makes sense. Honestly, I like this direction a lot for Miles. With Miles' powers and skill set, along with his disposition this kind of work makes great sense for him. It would also really set him apart from Peter Park in terms of how the two Spider-Men operate.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    spoilers:
    So Miles is going to be the future of international spycraft, according to Cable, who was also on record, at least in his thoughts and recollections, that Peter Parker was going to be known as this present era's greatest hero. Greatest hero and greatest spy --- that's gonna be an awesome team-up, and I could see Peter and Miles having a partnership similar to Captain America and the Black Widow with Peter on the front lines as a symbol of hope and inspiration to rally people while Miles works the shadows to get the information necessary to accomplish their shared goals. I like it.
    end of spoilers
    I like it too.

spoilers:
    With all this talk of Miles' future it has me thinking that Miles possibly won't go to college. Miles is 17 and we'll be graduating from high school soon. So with everything that's happening with him now I think Miles may have already found his calling. So college for him probably wouldn't make much sense.
    end of spoilers

I like it too.

spoilers:
    With all this talk of Miles' future it has me thinking that Miles possibly won't go to college. Miles is 17 and we'll be graduating from high school soon. So with everything that's happening with him now I think Miles may have already found his calling. So college for him probably wouldn't make much sense.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Who knows, maybe he'll enlist in the military after high school. Overseas military work would be the perfect cover for a international Spider-Spy in training. And may help put some more meat on them bones of his.
    end of spoilers

I like it too.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can only imagine how Rio would react though, not only is he getting into the spy game like his father he's also skipping college. That would be really cool to see.
    end of spoilers

The more I think about this issue and consider the implications, the more I love it. There is so much potential. If Peter's book could survive and thrive on a dramatic change like Superior Spider-Man, then the sky is the limit for where Miles can go.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    I love Dan and I think in our conversation I was trying to focus on the forest and not the trees. I certainly didn't agree with everything but I appreciated the enthusiasm to get deep into the book. Thank you so much for listening!

As for Spider-Man 21, I enjoyed this issue so much that

spoilers:
    the venom sting honestly didn't bother me. I still see it as a cop out when it's used with zero complication or consequence (and part of me hopes that Bendis will surprise us with a big one in this current uninterrupted run) but I had too much fun with the rest of the issue. (EDIT: Miles collapsed on ground after power blast is an intriguing detail...) It's a short and sweet arc, the flashback with Aaron was beautiful written and rendered, and the ending was out of left field.
    end of spoilers

Where can *that* go next? Can't wait to find out!
    That's pretty much my feeling as well.

spoilers:
    The resolution to the fight was frustrating because I feel like the Venom Blast is the equivalent of if Yugi constantly won all his duels in Yugioh by summoning Exodia. Doubly so because it feels like the times Miles doesn't use it are the fights he also ends up losing.
    end of spoilers

That annoyance aside, I enjoyed everything else about the issue. The callbacks to Uncle Aaron, the conversation with his dad, and especially a lot of that stuff with Tomoe. I don't know how serious Bendis was being there, but I was definitely getting shipping vibes. I'm hoping Tomoe appears some more in Miles' book going forward.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    spoilers:
    Who knows, maybe he'll enlist in the military after high school. Overseas military work would be the perfect cover for a international Spider-Spy in training. And may help put some more meat on them bones of his.
    end of spoilers
    I could see that.
    spoilers:
    In Gwenpool future Miles was pretty muscular, so that might just be a possibility.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    spoilers:
    I can only imagine how Rio would react though, not only is he getting into the spy game like his father he's also skipping college. That would be really cool to see.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, Rio would definitely be pretty upset by it. With all the secrecy that comes with spy work, depending on how Miles handles this it could possibly take a real toll on his relationship with his mother.
    end of spoilers

Don't mind me, just going to place this nice piece of fan art by Hardika Bayu here.

i know bendis had a plan with those visions at the end of CW 2

spoilers:
    So, uh...are we not going to address Miles getting arrested at the end of last issue? Are we just supposed to assume the police just let him go ?

Man, Tomoe is a pretty terrible crime boss. I mean, on-top of Miles pretty much single-handedly busting her in this issue, she was already arrested just a few months back in Ironheart's book, and had her whole operation torn apart by Iron Man a while earlier. Black Cat may be a pretty terrible crime boss too, but at least she doesn't get caught.

Although I do kind of wonder if Bendis might be positioning her in a Black Cat role for Miles since they seemed to be teasing an attraction there between the two...up until she found out he was spying on her. Although I guess that would depend on whether she shows up again, since Bendis seems to be moving her across his books.

I also wonder how old she is...

(I'm starting to get the sense that Bendis is trying to build up Miles' love interests...)

I'm actually kind of surprised there isn't a canon Japanese Spider-Man at this point, aside from the Toei Spidey.

Nothing ruins a good fight in this book more then capping it off with the Venom Blast. At least it's not taking out giant robots or being the "can do anything" attack it is in Marvel's Spider-Man.

I really don't want to imagine all the trouble Ganke will get into with that sword.

Cable's appearance was so random that I love it .
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    The more I think about this issue and consider the implications, the more I love it. There is so much potential. If Peter's book could survive and thrive on a dramatic change like Superior Spider-Man, then the sky is the limit for where Miles can go.
    Agreed. It's got me intrigued. Looking forward to that face-to-face meeting hinted at on the last page and wondering what will come of it...