Page 293 of 347 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 5196

Issue 238. Home stretch:

spoilers:
    Really frenetic and slightly off-kilter issue. While I didn't love the use of Hobgoblin and Red Hulk, I really liked Lana showing initiative and standing up for herself. Also intrigued at the return of Cable (although the repeated dialogue at the end felt like an editing error) and the possibility of Ceres as a new threat for Spy-D (if that happens). Poor Barbara never ended up being served very well as a character, although she's miles ahead of Katie. I'm not feeling very invested in that drama - it feels like they're on borrowed time. And what about Ganke and Danika? I really want to love this and wish I was connecting with this last arc more. Knowing that Bendis changed the ending makes me hope even more that he can go out on a high note. Only two issues left and a lot to wrap up. Fingers crossed.
    end of spoilers

My fanboy heart got a warm glow at the return of the TO BE CONTINUED panels at the end. :-)
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

spoilers:
    I'm not invested in Barbra at all so her thinking Miles is cheating on her means nothing to me. This whole situation is only proving that Lana makes a better love interest anyway.

I really like that Lana stands up for herself against her abusive mother it takes a lot of bravery to do that.

Sandman was great for not having any of Lori's bullshit and stopping it on site. He gets a lot of respect from me for that.

It's also nice to see Jefferson taking Rio into account and seeing him using his skills from his old spy days when talking to Cable.

If Cable isn't the one in charge of this whole spy thing than I have no idea who it could be. It could be someone in the current espionage world or one from the future, but I don't know who would be working with Cable.

Overall pretty decent issue and I have to wonder what's going to be the final straw to break the camel's back that breaks this Sinister Six up.
    end of spoilers

I'm getting the feeling that the person buying this SHIELD helicarrier might also be the one in charge of Cable and this future spy plot. Also I'm a bit disappointed that there's been no panels of Miles web slinging with his new powers
    Last edited by Dragonick; 03-07-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I'm getting the feeling that the person buying this SHIELD helicarrier might also be the one in charge of Cable and this future spy plot.
    My money is still on Tomoe or another gut punch surprise villain Bendis decided to introduce last minute.

Also I'm a bit disappointed that there's been no panels of Miles web slinging with his new powers.
    As am I, but we still have two more issues to see this (hopefully the new team will keep the Bio-electric webbing), and at least we know now that the energy webbing can grab and stick to surfaces like his original webbing. spoilers:
    The new power was probably how he got to the scene of the heist in the first place. Also Miles is now forbidden to name his new powers himself.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    My money is still on Tomoe or another gut punch surprise villain Bendis decided to introduce last minute.

As am I, but we still have two more issues to see this (hopefully the new team will keep the Bio-electric webbing), and at least we know now that the energy webbing can grab and stick to surfaces like his original webbing. spoilers:
    The new power was probably how he got to the scene of the heist in the first place. Also Miles is now forbidden to name his new powers himself.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well we don’t know if that’s how he got there given that as he was trying to web the helicarrier that he mentioned being out of web fluid. So it seems he still uses his web shooters and uses the energy webs as a backup when he runs out ir needs something stronger (still wish that those webs came from his wrists though as it just looks awkward for him having them come from his fingertips like the Spider-Women do it).
    end of spoilers

I've got no clue who it could be if it's not Tomoe. I'm also completely stumped on who it could be in charge of Cable. It's either someone in the spy game in the present, but I don't know who would have that position and be able to tell Cable what to do. Or it's someone from the future which opens a whole range of possible futures and future people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    spoilers:
    Well we don’t know if that’s how he got there given that as he was trying to web the helicarrier that he mentioned being out of web fluid. So it seems he still uses his web shooters and uses the energy webs as a backup when he runs out ir needs something stronger (still wish that those webs came from his wrists though as it just looks awkward for him having them come from his fingertips like the Spider-Women do it).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I cant be certain, but I'm pretty sure that was just Miles making a joke about the web fluid, as it was stated two issues ago that he still doesn't have new web shooters after his fight with the Techno Golem back in Tokyo. Ganke even made a comment that no web shooters means he no longer has to dip into his Lego funds in order to make the web fluid. So far Bendis has purposely written that Miles is still without web shooters, so it would be a pretty big oversight on his part if Miles automatically got new ones in-between issues on such short notice with an explanation. But again, that's just my speculation.
    end of spoilers

I've got no clue who it could be if it's not Tomoe. I'm also completely stumped on who it could be in charge of Cable. It's either someone in the spy game in the present, but I don't know who would have that position and be able to tell Cable what to do. Or it's someone from the future which opens a whole range of possible futures and future people.
    I think Cable is in charge of himself and is trying to set something up that will benefit the future.

I believe Jefferson saying someone else is in charge and I kinda hope it's an all new character. This way we still get cool future stuff, but we also get a character that's completely Miles' with no worry of someone else messing around with the situation.

Pichelli has art in Spider-Man #240
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Pichelli has art in Spider-Man #240
    It wouldn't feel like a proper finale to Bendis' run if she didn't .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It wouldn't feel like a proper finale to Bendis' run if she didn't .
    The solicitation still lists the page count at 32pgs. So the next question is, to what degree will Pichelli be involved with the final Bendis issue?

Brisson's definitely not on the book he confirmed during the AMA that he's not involved in any of the fresh start books.

Is that Bleeding Cool's first fail in this announcement wave? They called Avengers and Captain America correctly, but said that Brisson was taking over a Bendis book. But that's impossible if he's not on a Fresh Start title. Whatever he's taking on would have to be something that's keeping it's numbering like Champions did, or a mini-series, or maybe an X book (their relaunch will probably relate to Logan's return, and thus be it's own thing).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think it is, it's kind of impressive that Marvel managed to keep this secret when Bleeding Cool was right about so much else. Of course he could always not be telling the truth about it which does happen. Who else does this leave on the theory list though, besides someone nobody expects?

BANNED

Brisson's definitely not on the book he confirmed during the AMA that he's not involved in any of the fresh start books.
    We can't completely count Brisson out because several writers have fibbed about which books they are/aren't writing.

Maybe Duggan? He's finished with Deadpool, currently writing Infinity Countdown (and presumably whatever follows that). I'd certainly like to see his take.