Page 239 of 347 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 5196

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    Man, I hate to pessimistic, but I really have thought of Miles as Bendis' pet project (for lack of a better term) and that the moment he leaves, Miles' profile in the Marvel Universe will start diminishing gradually in time to the point where it will be noticeable.
    I think Miles will be just fine. Based on how Bendis was talking after he initially planned to step away from the book, back in 2015, it seemed like Marvel had big plans for Miles going forward. I mean Miles does have his own movie coming out next year after all.

BANNED

Miles appears in the trailer for No Surrender

We'd already seen the page that panel came from. There is some new stuff in the trailer, it just doesn't involve Miles.

Bendis says that Miles and Riri will be taken care of.
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...25748232798208

Astonishing Member

Still can't believe that Bendis is essentially "jumping ship" to DC. And of course, the DC forums is already running around as if the sky is falling...

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    i don't think Priest even wants to work for marvel... Coates is such a boring writer... BP deserves a better writer
    The Coates hate is "nice" (not really; it's actually gotten rather obnoxious at this point), but what does that have to do with anything? Like, really? :/

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    I'd rather not, the book would just get even more boring and it'd do nothing but try and fail to make people care about c listers
    As someone who loves it when Al Ewing makes usage of underutilized Marvel characters and concepts in his stories, I can't say I agree, and in fact I kinda feel insulted by the insinuations of this post.

Still, I wouldn't even know of he'd want to write a Miles book.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 11-07-2017 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Still can't believe that Bendis is essentially "jumping ship" to DC. And of course, the DC forums is already running around as if the sky is falling...

The Coates hate is "nice" (not really; it's actually gotten rather obnoxious at this point), but what does that have to do with anything? Like, really? :/

As someone who loves it when Al Ewing makes usage of underutilized Marvel characters and concepts in his stories, I can't say I agree, and in fact I kinda feel insulted by the insinuations of this post.

Still, I wouldn't even know of he'd want to write a Miles book.
    because someone thinks Coates would be good for miles and i disagree read more then just one post

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

There's been some talk on the boards about the possibility of Jessica Jones being pulled over to the DCU, though I think that that happening is highly unlikely. Imagine if, through some complex legal wrangling, Bendis got full ownership of Miles and put him in DC as well?
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Priest wouldn't write Miles b/c even if Miles is a different flavor of black he's still black, so his name should never even be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Miles appears in the trailer for No Surrender

Is this an event? Please this tell me this is just an Avengers thing.

I have also come to realize that I hate all events of any kind, this DC Metal one really makes me one to knee a couple of people in the balls, I'm so annoyed.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 11-07-2017 at 10:22 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    There's been some talk on the boards about the possibility of Jessica Jones being pulled over to the DCU, though I think that that happening is highly unlikely. Imagine if, through some complex legal wrangling, Bendis got full ownership of Miles and put him in DC as well?
    Where this rumor about Jessica Jones leaving Marvel with Bendis is coming from? While highly unlilkely, that's something that could actually happen with some kind of crazy deal. Miles Morales though is a Spider-Man character, meaning, a Peter Parker like Spider-Man character, with same powers, similar costume and etc. So no, unlike Jessica Jones, Miles being a Spider-Man byproduct prevents him of Marvel ever allowing him to make the jump from Marvel to DC. Which is great, since now I firmly believe the rise of Miles Morales as his own character starts. If David Walker or any other writer that interests me get to write the book, I'll gladly add it to my pull list of digital comics.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

BANNED

Salt shakers at the ready friends.

BC claim to have the real reasons Bendis walked...and one of them apparently involves Miles' book becoming a third book for Peter sometime in 2018

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...vel-dc-comics/

Salt shakers at the ready friends.

BC claim to have the real reasons Bendis walked...and one of them apparently involves Miles' book becoming a third book for Peter sometime in 2018

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...vel-dc-comics/
    Hmmmm... I can’t really believe this claim. Bleeding Cool does have a tendency at times to write rumor articles like that were facts so yeah, you pretty much have to read this with a big pinch of salt. And this whole article just screams “accusations and rumors” rather than actual fact. Also the writer claims that Miles series title, “Spider-Man” would go to Peter, and his would be changed to “Miles Morales: Spider-Man”. Again might not be true but we’ll find out next year anyway right. Still going to read Miles either way.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 11-08-2017 at 05:03 AM.

BANNED

Yeah, a lot of the gossip in the article doesn't seem all that mind-bending or dramatic, just a guy who misses his friends and the cheques weren't getting bigger...very human stuff.

BANNED

Yeah, a lot of the gossip in the article doesn't seem all that mind-bending or dramatic, just a guy who misses his friends and the cheques weren't getting bigger...very human stuff.
    Nothing mind blowing or even slightly out of the ordinary. Truth is, Bendis hasn't been the superstar that he used to be at Marvel for awhile now. His books don't sell quite the way they used to and there's no big character or franchise left that he hasn't already had a crack at for Marvel to offer him if they wanted to entice him to stay.

It feels like the right move all around for him to move on. He'll be missed - by some, at least - but on the other hand it's going to be cool to see where other writers take characters like Miles, Jessica, and Riri. And it'll be exciting to see what Bendis brings to DC as well.

Next year is going to be a great one for comics on either side of the aisle. I suspect it's going to be a bit painful, though, for Bendis to be at DC when Miles' animated film comes out.

A bit of Miles from Sara

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    A bit of Miles from Sara
    Damn, she's good and I will miss her drawing Miles. Is that a scar on our man's face...?
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!