Page 290 of 347 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 5196

Well, Coates is a Spider-Man fan and Priest used to actually edit and write Spider-Man but I'm not sure if they have any interest in Miles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    On the previous topic. While I do think it would be cool to have Miles meet Black Panther I think forcing a mentor relationship there would be a stretch. It would only really be for the purpose of having two characters of African descent interact with each other.

What reason could we possible give for the King of Wakanda to take a young hero from NY under his tutelage?

So while I would definitely be down for a meet up or team up, I’m not sure you could pull off the student/teacher relationship convincingly without it feeling shoehorned in.

What’s wrong with that? Random groupings of white characters happen all the time and nobody says anything, wasn’t that long ago people wanted Miles to b a spy and take orders from Cable who is part of a whole different franchise and really has no reason to enter Miles’ world

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Who's even left now? Coates? Priest? Evan Narcisse seems like he would be up to task.
    As mentioned Priest might not have any interest in writing Miles but you never know. With Coates I'm not a fan of his Black Panther so unless he brought his A game I wouldn't be to excited about him. I haven't had a chance to read Nacrisse's latest story but I'm hearing nothing but praise so he'd be my choice unless Marvel brings in someone fresh.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

I think Dr.Voodoo might be an interesting mentor but maybe not as marketable as T'challa or Luke.

Tom Foster aka Goliath II might be a fun rival for Miles to have.

We can rule out Priest. DC offered him several books starring black protagonists. Not wanting to be stereotyped, he ended up taking Deathstroke instead.

So he won't want Miles.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Let Greg Pak write the book
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think Dr.Voodoo might be an interesting mentor but maybe not as marketable as T'challa or Luke.

Tom Foster aka Goliath II might be a fun rival for Miles to have.
    I wouldn't be opposed to that, the recent Uncanny Avengers run really made me a fan of him. You could also start it with Blackheart wanting revenge on Miles for what he did to him.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Let Greg Pak write the book
    Another Solid choice

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to that, the recent Uncanny Avengers run really made me a fan of him. You could also start it with Blackheart wanting revenge on Miles for what he did to him.
    I'm still wonder why Bendis never followed up Blackheart.

Does Blackheart have a thing for black heroes? He's just been menacing Falcon.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Another Solid choice

I'm still wonder why Bendis never followed up Blackheart.
    I would have loved seeing Blackheart again, but I could also see the story getting interrupted. I mean did we ever find out who that green person on issue #4 with Hamerhead and Black Cat was? Thinking back Blackheart would have made a better adversary than Black Cat did because in the end it didn't really do anywhere; most of the confrontations were between Miles and Hamerhead while Felicia did whatever evil thing she was doing; at least with Blackheart it would have been exclusively Blackheart vs Miles and maybe a magic character assisting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Does Blackheart have a thing for black heroes? He's just been menacing Falcon.
    It is kinda weird how from what I've seen the major villain Sam's been facing in his solo have been supernatural. Isn't he gonna be fighting Deacon Frost soon too?

He is, yes. And you're right, that is weird. Sam should either be street level or espionage, like Cap. Not occult.

Blackheart also would have been great because we could have gotten more of his relationship with grandmother where instead of being annoyingly controlling and invasive she was possessed Blackheart or a minor demon he controlled. You could even still have her distrust of Jefferson be how she really is because she knew about his past and brother.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    What’s wrong with that? Random groupings of white characters happen all the time and nobody says anything, wasn’t that long ago people wanted Miles to b a spy and take orders from Cable who is part of a whole different franchise and really has no reason to enter Miles’ world
    Are you talking about in a student/mentor relationship or are you referring to just forming a group
    And teaming up?

My point is that the king of a nation who is also a super hero doesn’t seem like he would have the time to fly halfway around the world to train someone who is still in high school. Is he going to set up times after school for Miles to meet up with him? Especially when I’m pretty sure they haven’t even met up to this point.

I think Miles having a mentor would be great. I actually think him having one who isn’t super powered but just lives in his community and does great things like volunteering or helping out at the local youth center or something would be awesome. Showing Miles can give back to his community by doing things other than fighting crime.

Also I never said I wanted Miles to become a super spy leader so please don’t put try to attach that to me. That pairing was just as much out of nowhere and strange.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    Are you talking about in a student/mentor relationship or are you referring to just forming a group
    And teaming up?

My point is that the king of a nation who is also a super hero doesn’t seem like he would have the time to fly halfway around the world to train someone who is still in high school. Is he going to set up times after school for Miles to meet up with him? Especially when I’m pretty sure they haven’t even met up to this point.

I think Miles having a mentor would be great. I actually think him having one who isn’t super powered but just lives in his community and does great things like volunteering or helping out at the local youth center or something would be awesome. Showing Miles can give back to his community by doing things other than fighting crime.

Also I never said I wanted Miles to become a super spy leader so please don’t put try to attach that to me. That pairing was just as much out of nowhere and strange.
    T'Challa did help him in Civil War II after Miles indirectly helped him switch sides. I'm sure something could be cooked up where T'Challa would at least like to meet Miles after that. At least something far more believable than Cable coming out of no where and trying to play a role in his future. If that was allowed to fly I don't see how it's crazy for T'Challa and Miles to have some sort of relationship.

You could always do a story arc where Miles does a student exchange program set in Wakanda or a semester abroad type deal in college. I had friends who took Japanese and spent a month or two in Japan.