Page 276 of 347 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 5196

I just remembered what Miles' new bio-electric webbing reminds me of and the fun ways he could use them. For anyone who hasn't watched this, there's this anime call "Hellsing Ultimate" that has this real bad@$$ character named Walter C. Dornez, and guess what his signature weapon is...

Those are Monofiliment Wires, and they literally tear enemies to shreds. Now Miles' energy webbing doesn't need to be so brutal but you can see the possibilities right?

Also if there ever was a time for Miles to get an Annual, best bet would be after issue #240 which is Bendis' final one as the writer. It would also be a great way for readers to get a taste of the new creative team for Miles' solo series.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    I just remembered what Miles' new bio-electric webbing reminds me of and the fun ways he could use them. For anyone who hasn't watched this, there's this anime call "Hellsing Ultimate" that has this real bad@$$ character named Walter C. Dornez, and guess what his signature weapon is...

Those are Monofiliment Wires, and they literally tear enemies to shreds. Now Miles' energy webbing doesn't need to be so brutal but you can see the possibilities right?

Also if there ever was a time for Miles to get an Annual, best bet would be after issue #240 which is Bendis' final one as the writer. It would also be a great way for readers to get a taste of the new creative team for Miles' solo series.
    Character that do stuff like that are some of my all time favorites, and it's a pretty rare thing too off the top of my head I can only name four off the top of my head. There's also the classic use of controlling people's bodies with them which I know Walter's done.
    An annual would be a great opportunity for the new team, it's pretty strange that Miles has never had one.

What do you mean "next writer"? Was something announced?
    It's been said the book will be getting a new creative team in April.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 01-12-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Yeah. Exhibit A: Issue 18's cover looks like a finale, and Ramos actually left a farewell message on it saying in Spanish something along the lines of "thank you, it's been an honour". Waid confirmed the book isn't cancelled, but Ramos is definitely leaving. Exhibit B: Uncanny Avengers and Thunderbolts writer Jim Zub has announced he's taking over a new Marvel book in April (that's his exact words). Champions is the only book that matches the timing, so I'd be surprised if it's not that.

I love this idea
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Oh crap! Please don't get rid of Humberto Ramos! He's one of the core reasons I even read the Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. Exhibit A: Issue 18's cover looks like a finale, and Ramos actually left a farewell message on it saying in Spanish something along the lines of "thank you, it's been an honour". Waid confirmed the book isn't cancelled, but Ramos is definitely leaving. Exhibit B: Uncanny Avengers and Thunderbolts writer Jim Zub has announced he's taking over a new Marvel book in April (that's his exact words). Champions is the only book that matches the timing, so I'd be surprised if it's not that.
    Well I'm all for, Jim Zub replacing Mark Waid, I loved his Skullkickers webcomic, and have been liking Uncanny Avengers as well so I know he can do team books. But I'm still sour that, Humberto Ramos has to leave as well. He is hands down one of my favorite comic artists.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 01-12-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Pics

I like the idea. Comicbook could always use more anime inspired use of powers.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Judging by the previous responses, this is one bandwagon I could hop on. I'd love to see Miles using his bioelectric webbing to catch bullets and make shields in midair, which would be just fine if you wanted to keep him nonlethal.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Oh crap! Please don't get rid of Humberto Ramos! He's one of the core reasons I even read the Champions!
    Sorry, but he's definitely gone. Look below the tablet on this cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sorry, but he's definitely gone. Look below the tablet on this cover.
    WEEEELLLLL SSSSSSHHHHHoot.

He definitely plays favorites, I mean that's the only reason Cyclops is on the team. Kamala, Miles, and Sam started this team they should be this team's equivalent of the trinity from DC but only Kamala really gets to do anything out of the trio and even then it's not that well done. We'll just have to wait until April to see what the next writer brings.
    Are we getting a new writer?

Can we get a new artist too or...

*looks at the next page*

Yes, thank you Marvel throw the whole team away.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-13-2018 at 01:24 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Cool

Welcome to the thread, Commander Wort, I hope you survive the experience.
    Greetings Grimm911 it nice meeting you and I will survive the experience
    Last edited by Commander Wort; 01-14-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Hopefully Champions will get Sean Izaakse and Jim Zub.

I could get behind that, Zub did very well with character interactions in Uncanny Avengers which is something I find is lacking in Champions.

Not long now until we find out. Some smaller companies (Yen Press, Vault, Tokyopop, and Rebellion) solicits are out already, so I think we'll be getting DC's tonight and Marvel's tomorrow. They usually do come out on the third week of the month.