Page 119 of 347 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 5196

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    It's the flaw I noticed in Waid's writing of the group is he's really struggling to find the voice for the characters. In the case of Miles, he's literally just the straight man to bounce Sam's antics off of. The problem definitely isn't exclusive to Miles though. Sam, Amadeus, Kamala, and Viv all don't act like they do in their respective titles.
    I think his Amadeus is about right.

His Sam and Kamala are at least about on par with how he wrote them in Avengers. I'm not saying it's accurate, just consistent.

Tiamatty brought up the issues with Viv's characterization in the Champions Appreciation Thread, though I think she's still been one of the highlights of the book and it looks like he'll be addressing the problem in an upcoming issue. Maybe .

And Miles being the straight man is better then being written as the Butt Monkey like Waid's Peter is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think his Amadeus is about right.

His Sam and Kamala are at least about on par with how he wrote them in Avengers. I'm not saying it's accurate, just consistent.

Tiamatty brought up the issues with Viv's characterization in the Champions Appreciation Thread, though I think she's still been one of the highlights of the book and it looks like he'll be addressing the problem in an upcoming issue. Maybe .

And Miles being the straight man is better then being written as the Butt Monkey like Waid's Peter is.
    I feel the same way rather Miles like this then how waid writes Peter

If anyone's interested, we've got a new episode discussing Spider-Gwen 18, the finale of the Sitting In A Tree crossover w/ Miles. Our show is by fans for fans (and 100% for fun, no $ involved). Hope you can check it out, and feedback always welcome! Thanks!

http://ultimatespinpodcast.com/episo...pider-gwen-18/

Episode 50: The Ultimate Crossover? (Spider-Gwen 18)
    “Sitting In A Tree” comes to a conclusion and Miles and Gwen’s relationship reaches a turning point! Kyle, Jack, and Brian share their take on the story’s resolution, its many surprises, and the overall success of bringing our two favorite Spider-Heroes together. Plus, Peter and Miles’ upcoming Generations book and your listener feedback!
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I like Ultimate Jessica Drew, but I kinda can't disagree with the whole "so many Spider-Women in 616" argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like Ultimate Jessica Drew, but I kinda can't disagree with the whole "so many Spider-Women in 616" argument.
    My feelings exactly on the subject. While part of me wants to see Ultimate Jessica Drew show up in the 616 Universe, another part understands why that would prove problematic.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I loved the potential of the character but All New Ultimates squandered it completely. Remember when she was Black Widow?
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Well, thank goodness Web Warriors gave them a way to change their minds. Her cameo there shows she wasn't destroyed with the Ultimate Universe. Could she have been deposited in another universe like Miles was? Not 616 obviously, but there are lots of worlds that need a Spidey after the events of Spider-Verse where so many were slain. Maybe when Miles finds out about 1610 (assuming he doesn't already know - Gwenpool indicated he doesn't) he could ask Spider-Gwen about his lost allies. Gwen would probably be able to track her down, if she doesn't already know where she is.

tl/dr They can still bring her back if they want to.

And if the speculation about X-Men Blue bringing back Jimmy Hudson is true, then we may be about to get another way back for her. He has to have been SOMEWHERE since Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    If anyone's interested, we've got a new episode discussing Spider-Gwen 18, the finale of the Sitting In A Tree crossover w/ Miles. Our show is by fans for fans (and 100% for fun, no $ involved). Hope you can check it out, and feedback always welcome! Thanks!
    http://ultimatespinpodcast.com/episo...pider-gwen-18/
    Thanks! I've been waiting for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, thank goodness Web Warriors gave them a way to change their minds. Her cameo there shows she wasn't destroyed with the Ultimate Universe. Could she have been deposited in another universe like Miles was? Not 616 obviously, but there are lots of worlds that need a Spidey after the events of Spider-Verse where so many were slain. Maybe when Miles finds out about 1610 (assuming he doesn't already know - Gwenpool indicated he doesn't) he could ask Spider-Gwen about his lost allies. Gwen would probably be able to track her down, if she doesn't already know where she is.

tl/dr They can still bring her back if they want to..
    You know, that'd actually be a really good idea for a sequel to Sitting In A Tree, Miles and Gwen travelling the multi-verse looking for Jess after Miles discovers what happened.

Well that appearance in OML amounted to essentially nothing and could have been done by a particularly skilled guard so no need to rush out and read it if you're looking for Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Well that appearance in OML amounted to essentially nothing and could have been done by a particularly skilled guard so no need to rush out and read it if you're looking for Miles.
    Wow, I thought this guest appearance would have a meaningful exchange... *sigh*
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

For those mad about the ending of the Spdier-Gwen crossover
    http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...-poor-miles-is
    We need better comics

I still prefer Miles with the current Ms. Marvel, so I'm not that upset by recent events.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    For those mad about the ending of the Spdier-Gwen crossover
    http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...-poor-miles-is
    It doesn't really help anything for those such as myself who was hoping for at least something. As mentioned before, if they weren't going to get together, they should have just considered it a standard crossover instead of this lame ball fake romance that they didn't even have the balls to go through with. Really lowered down the crossover for me and I'm really happy I didn't buy the variants like I had planned. I would've been pissed.

This is exciting news because this really confirms that at least for a little while Miles won't be caught up in any events. I'm really excited to see what will be happening, Rio is obviously going to find out the truth but there's really no telling where this could go.