Page 144 of 347 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 5196
    BANNED

Yes this might be exciting to some of the other heroes but for Miles we already had a teamup......honestly now that I think about it its only especially useful for the Marvels...maybe the Hulks (don't think Cho teamed up with Banner with them both having powers).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Yes this might be exciting to some of the other heroes but for Miles we already had a teamup......honestly now that I think about it its only especially useful for the Marvels...maybe the Hulks (don't think Cho teamed up with Banner with them both having powers).
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm definitely excited. I'm planning on picking up just about all the generations book just because it sounds like a really cool idea. I'm just wondering more on what Generations plot line will be seeing as Spider Men II focuses on other Miles and other loose ends, besides the much looked forward to team up.

It is a little strange, from the way the stories have been described it's a time travel situation. So this means Miles will have met with teen Peter from 1610, teen Peter from 616, and twice with current 616 Peter. I don't doubt that they'll be good stories but I also kinda want to see Miles meet with other spiders. They don't even need to be a big crossover like what we got with Gwen but I'd definitely like to see how Miles interacts with someone like Kaine or Anya.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Pretty sure the moment you're mentioning takes place shortly after Miles becomes a permanent resident in the main Marvel U. The first time he asked for Peter's blessing was at the end of the first "Spider-Men" event. The reason he's asking again in the chibi flashback is because, unlike before when the two were operating in their own separate universes, this time they have to share the same one and Miles wanted to know if that was alright with Peter.
    Appreciate the explanation, Grimm. Seems to work for my canon-tangled brain.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    It is a little strange, from the way the stories have been described it's a time travel situation. So this means Miles will have met with teen Peter from 1610, teen Peter from 616, and twice with current 616 Peter. I don't doubt that they'll be good stories but I also kinda want to see Miles meet with other spiders. They don't even need to be a big crossover like what we got with Gwen but I'd definitely like to see how Miles interacts with someone like Kaine or Anya.
    Oh I've been wanting the same thing. The spider universe is so large that there's massive potential for him to meet characters like Silk, Ben Reilly and etc. I've been wanting that for a while. Just as long as they don't go the Gwen route and give us a fake romance. The only stain in Miles History for me. If they make it a crossover, just have it be a fun crossover so we know what to expect and not give false advertisements like before. I'd love for Miles and Scarlet to hang out. Especially since imo, Miles, Scarlet, and Spider Man 2099 has the coolest costumes out there.

Well, surely Anya's due to return in Legacy, on account of her being part of the cast of the new cartoon? And considering that she can travel between dimensions using the same tech as Spider-Gwen, she could be the one to show Miles what happened to Earth-1610, which judging from X-Men Blue #4 and the upcoming Ultimates2 #100, is back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Generations The Spiders comes out sometime in November.
    That's not right. All of the Generations stories are out in August or September.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-06-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Incredible Member

Spider-Men II is a time-travel story???

I don't know if my mind can take another wrinkle in Miles' story. All this dimension-hopping is already confusing enough. Wahh

Spider-Men II isn't time travel, it's Miles and Peter teaming up to find out what happened to the Miles that was in the 616 before our Miles came from 1610.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Spider-Men II is a time-travel story???

I don't know if my mind can take another wrinkle in Miles' story. All this dimension-hopping is already confusing enough. Wahh
    The Generations issue is what is most likely the time travel story.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Today was a pretty good issue:

spoilers:
    Picking up from where the preview left off, Bombshell is confronting Hammerhead, but it becomes apparent that she is in over her head. She attempts to apprehend him but ends up getting knocked out. Hammerhead leaves her for the EMT to pick her up as a warning to the other young heroes.

Cut to the next day at Brooklyn Vision Academy, Miles is sitting in the Quad, ditching class. He ends up getting approached by Fabian and Miles confesses what happened at the bar in the previous issue. Fabian doesn't think it's a big deal since Miles was fighting in self defense, but Miles is seriously considering quitting heroics since he's afraid that he's going to snap again. Their conversation gets cut off from a call from a hospital. When Miles arrives, he sees Lana still hasn't woken up from the previous fight and he learns that Hammerhead is responsible.

Miles rushes off on his own to confront Hammerhead and his gang. The two end up getting into a no holds barred punch-out, with Miles eventually getting the edge and pounding him into the ground. At the last moment, Miles starts to restrain himself, giving Hammerhead enough time to recover and knock him out.

Issue ends with Rio arriving at Miles' dorm and running into Judge (ohaijudge). Judge attempts to BS an alibi for why Miles is not around but Rio naturally knows the score and decides to wait for him to return in his room.
    end of spoilers

I both really enjoyed this issue and kind of dreading the next issue to come, if only because the setup is feeling like a retread of the last arc that had Black Cat and Hammerhead in it. This issue probably had the best fight Miles has been in during Bendis' run up til now.

I'm also wondering if Bendis is going to pull a swerve with Lana ending up being the girlfriend he keeps hinting at that will show up in Spider-Men II. I mean, between this issue, her kissing him during the Civil War II tie-in, Ganke trying to ship the two.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Today's issue as pretty good, we got a good fight, some development on the problems Miles is facing, and as usual the art is great. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens after what happened in today's issue.

I also wouldn't mind if Bendis had Lana turn out to be the mystery girlfriend their relationship is good and there has been setup so it would be believable.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 06-07-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Today was a pretty good issue:

spoilers:
    Picking up from where the preview left off, Bombshell is confronting Hammerhead, but it becomes apparent that she is in over her head. She attempts to apprehend him but ends up getting knocked out. Hammerhead leaves her for the EMT to pick her up as a warning to the other young heroes.

Cut to the next day at Brooklyn Vision Academy, Miles is sitting in the Quad, ditching class. He ends up getting approached by Fabian and Miles confesses what happened at the bar in the previous issue. Fabian doesn't think it's a big deal since Miles was fighting in self defense, but Miles is seriously considering quitting heroics since he's afraid that he's going to snap again. Their conversation gets cut off from a call from a hospital. When Miles arrives, he sees Lana still hasn't woken up from the previous fight and he learns that Hammerhead is responsible.

Miles rushes off on his own to confront Hammerhead and his gang. The two end up getting into a no holds barred punch-out, with Miles eventually getting the edge and pounding him into the ground. At the last moment, Miles starts to restrain himself, giving Hammerhead enough time to recover and knock him out.

Issue ends with Rio arriving at Miles' dorm and running into Judge (ohaijudge). Judge attempts to BS an alibi for why Miles is not around but Rio naturally knows the score and decides to wait for him to return in his room.
    end of spoilers

I both really enjoyed this issue and kind of dreading the next issue to come, if only because the setup is feeling like a retread of the last arc that had Black Cat and Hammerhead in it. This issue probably had the best fight Miles has been in during Bendis' run up til now.

I'm also wondering if Bendis is going to pull a swerve with Lana ending up being the girlfriend he keeps hinting at that will show up in Spider-Men II. I mean, between this issue, her kissing him during the Civil War II tie-in, Ganke trying to ship the two.
    Lana deserve to be happy.. her last boyfriend was killed in front of her in the UU

All-New Member

I seriously hope they let Miles kick Felicia's butt next time.

Really enjoyed this issue. I'm liking that this arc is letting Miles breathe and act on his own. Let us see his thoughts and stuff. Hammerhead was cool, but I'm really hoping we get to the new villain that was alluded to at the start of this arc soon. Miles needs more foes to call his own.

spoilers:
    I'm glad Bendis had Hammerhead come out on top like this. I mean, the battle with Bombshell went how I expected it too, but it's nice to see Hammerhead treated like the serious threat he is.

Hammerhead doesn't fight kids? Didn't seem to bother you when you were going after an obviously younger Spider-Man, although I guess the Wall-Crawler would always be an exception.

I swear Bendis made that exact same thing about "broad" being sexist in his Guardians run. I mean, not that it doesn't make sense in context and with the characters involved, but it's just funny seeing him repeat himself in another book (which he tends to do) .

Wait, Vulture's brother? I seem to remember Toomes having a brother, but I thought he was dead. I thought the only family he had left was his grandchild and daughter-in-law. Unless this was the brother of Blackie Drago. Or the Russian Mafia vomit Vulture who the Punisher killed. I'm probably thinking too much about a throwaway line.

I think it would probably be better and simpler if Lana just ends up being Miles' new girlfriend. I mean, they've had a relationship build up naturally over time since Ultimate Spider-Man, more or less, they have chemistry, they're both heroes...it would feel more natural then just introducing a random new girl to become his girlfriend. They also have a perfect opportunity to broach the subject or talk about Miles' possible feelings for her after he went out for Hammerhead's blood after what he did to her.

This was definitely probably one of the better fights in this volume, and one of Miles' more brutal fights in general. And no Venom Blast in sight .

Oh hey Judge.

I'm both looking forward to and dreading the next issue. I'm looking forward to continuing from that cliffhanger and seeing what's going to happen with Rio, but I am not looking forward to more Queenpin Black Cat, who I can already probably guess what she's going to say or do because she's just become that predictable and generic.
    end of spoilers