Page 152 of 347 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 5196
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Opinions on both options, but more towards his specific numbering.
    Assuming he doesn't get a new code-name coming out of Spider-Men II, I'm hoping his book goes back to Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man title for the Legacy Relaunch. I'd say his renumbering should just be for his specific run which should put him at around 64 issues.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I'm excited to finally see the Mile Morales of 616. When is Spider-Men 2 supposed to come out?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

July 12th I believe.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the legacy numbering for Spider-Man vol.2 to follow after volume 1? If that is the case then since volume 1 ended with, I think, 99 issues; then adding Miles' run will make the numbering around 116.

Didn't they say that what they're using is the total for all of Ultimate Spider-Man - right back to the beginning of the Ultimate Universe in Ultimate Spider-Man #1, which of course starred Peter Parker?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Didn't they say that what they're using is the total for all of Ultimate Spider-Man - right back to the beginning of the Ultimate Universe in Ultimate Spider-Man #1, which of course starred Peter Parker?
    Where did they say that?

Miles solicits for September

SPIDER-MEN II #3 (of 5)
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • SARA PICHELLI (a/C)
    Connecting Variant Cover C by JESUS SAIZ
    • Meeting the Miles Morales who was already in the Marvel Universe sets OUR Miles OFF!
    • As if he weren’t struggling with interior conflicts that were tougher than the external conflicts, this revelation hits Miles hard.
    • Luckily, Peter Parker, an expert on personal tragedy and dark spots, is by his side!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN #20
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w) • OSCAR BAZALDUA (a)
    Cover by PATRICK BROWN
    VENOMIZED BLACK CAT VARIANT COVER BY MING DOYLE
    • Miles Morales, you’re under arrest!
    • If Miles’ parents weren’t already freaking out about their son, they are now!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

GENERATIONS: MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN & PETER PARKER SPIDER-MAN #1
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • RAMON PEREZ (A/C)
    Variant Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
    Variant Cover by TBA
    • When it comes to problems, Peter Parker’s got it all! Bullies at school, ailing aunt, a doppelganger, crushing responsibility, and –
    wait, a doppelganger?!
    • Can’t Peter ever catch a break? And what does all this craziness have to do with Miles Morales?
    40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99

Looks like a rough month for Miles.

I guess Miles doesn't take the revelation about the version of himself that he replaced all that well...

I wonder why the police are trying to arrest Miles? Given the last solicits, is he wanted for murder?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess Miles doesn't take the revelation about the version of himself that he replaced all that well...

I wonder why the police are trying to arrest Miles? Given the last solicits, is he wanted for murder?
    the way Bendis write cops, they always want to arrest Miles or any hero for retarded reasons. the 2nd issue has a cop pointing a gun at Miles despite Tony and Sam Wilson being right next to him vouching for him but the cop still wouldnt listen. or in civil war 2 when miles was doing nothing but standing in the Lincoln memorial and the placed fill up, it took a call from Shield to get the police to leave. Bendis tend to writes cops as trigger happy ask questions later assholes(there exceptions) wanting to arrest the hero for no reason but being there. I understand with what goes on the news with police brutality and such but man, cops in Bendis books act so retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    the way Bendis write cops, they always want to arrest Miles or any hero for retarded reasons. the 2nd issue has a cop pointing a gun at Miles despite Tony and Sam Wilson being right next to him vouching for him but the cop still wouldnt listen. or in civil war 2 when miles was doing nothing but standing in the Lincoln memorial and the placed fill up, it took a call from Shield to get the police to leave. Bendis tend to writes cops as trigger happy ask questions later assholes(there exceptions) wanting to arrest the hero for no reason but being there. I understand with what goes on the news with police brutality and such but man, cops in Bendis books act so retarded.
    I'm pretty sure he's written them the same way across all his books, though it sounds like here they have more of a reason to come after Miles compared to those examples.

I wonder where Quaid is going to be in all this?

Best guess is the cops catch, Miles in a "it's not what it looks like" situation and they wont believe him. They'll probably try and do this while he's in his civvies near his school. That will cause the most amount of drama. I just hope our boy stays strong.

I'm pretty sure he's written them the same way across all his books, though it sounds like here they have more of a reason to come after Miles compared to those examples.

I wonder where Quaid is going to be in all this?
    Hopefully Captain Quaid's going to appear in issue #20. Miles really needs a friendly contact on the force he can work with or at least vouch for him.

Sounds more like he portrays cops like they always act around Spider-Man. Spider-Man has always traditionally been mistrusted by the public and cops in particular have been hostile, so this has never been something unique to him.

Astonishing Member

yeah but other writers like Dan Slott or Roger Stern had written a good number of times when the police were sorta of reasonable with Spidey, some would jump to spidey defense to their more hostile chief of police from BIg Time. During BND in the spider-tracer murders, Slott did wrote the shoot first ask question later. lol

yeah but other writers like Dan Slott or Roger Stern had written a good number of times when the police were sorta of reasonable with Spidey, some would jump to spidey defense to their more hostile chief of police from BIg Time. During BND in the spider-tracer murders, Slott did wrote the shoot first ask question later. lol
    And Bendis has portrayed cops being reasonable to Miles as well.

It comes down to what the context of the scene is. Civil War II had Miles show up to the steps of a monument after several Super Hero battles have already taken place. It's natural the cops would be antsy after that. Here, based on covers it looks like Miles came close to killing someone. Again, perfectly natural for the cops to react the way they are.