Page 157 of 347 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 5196

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That'll be just a variant. I think all of those covers were.
    The US Avengers variant was actually representing the next arc. So it's most likely a mix of both.

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    After seeing ultimate end.. i really wanted to see how Bagley would do drawing Mile's for a few arcs. TBH i like Bagley's style more but that because i grew up with the first Ultimate spider-men run and games
    Yeah. Say what you will about Ultimate End's writing but that art was top notch. Bagley drawing Miles, god bless Pichelli, long-term would be heavenly. Especially with Ponsor's colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hammerhead would have made more sense in a Miles-based Sinister Six, but maybe Bendis did want Miles to fight some classic Spider-Man villains he hadn't encountered yet.

All that said I don't expect Bendis to write Sandman all that different from Hammerhead. Maybe he'll sound a little less like a old-time gangster.
    Yeah, Sandman and Hammerhead both seem like similar archetypes on the surface so, dialogue-wise, they'd most likely be carbon copies. But he would at least know who he is considering there was a Sandman on 1610.

On the positive side, we'll have a consistent artist for the long-haul unless they move Bagley to another book again...
    Yeah, that's why it's so weird that Bagley just up and left. He's almost always a consistent artist and to have him abruptly leave means he'll most likely be on another book.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Maybe Miles really is gonna kill Hammerhead 0.0
    This seems to be what they're hinting at. Especially that next cover:

Spectacular Member

What I'm typing & the link I'm posting contains SPOILERS to Spider Man Homecoming, read at your own discretion.
    https://amp.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...ht_heres_your/

It's confirmed that Donald Glover is in fact Aaron Davis, uncle of Miles Morales aka The Prowler in Homecoming. There's also a certain scene where he references having a nephew. It's not specified how old he is but Miles is in the MCU. I assume he's just a little kid, probably 4 or 5, but he's out there.

i should not get to excited for Bagley maybe returning to a Bendis spider-man book.. .

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Yeah, Sandman and Hammerhead both seem like similar archetypes on the surface so, dialogue-wise, they'd most likely be carbon copies. But he would at least know who he is considering there was a Sandman on 1610.
    And he fought Sandman on TV in Spider-Woman. Not that I think Bendis knows about that...

This seems to be what they're hinting at. Especially that next cover:
    I don't know how Miles could get close to killing Hammerhead given how durable he is. There's not much that can actually pierce his skin or head at this point. Even if he went all-out I can only see it legitimately knocking Hammerhead out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    What I'm typing & the link I'm posting contains SPOILERS to Spider Man Homecoming, read at your own discretion.

It's confirmed that Donald Glover is in fact Aaron Davis, uncle of Miles Morales aka The Prowler in Homecoming. There's also a certain scene where he references having a nephew. It's not specified how old he is but Miles is in the MCU. I assume he's just a little kid, probably 4 or 5, but he's out there.
    Huh, so they go as far as Aaron mentioning he has a nephew. Was not expecting that...

Though I can only see them bringing in Miles after Marvel Studios gets a decade or more out of Holland as Spidey or Holland wants out. But he's probably going to be Spider-Man for a while.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Peter fights Aaron as the Prowler before Miles shows up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    so can we talk about how Mark Bagley is drawing the cover for Miles

I'd rather not, not a fan

Spectacular Member

Tom Holland says he wants his Spider Man and Miles Morales to team up at some point.
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/06/...miles-morales/

Tom Holland says he wants his Spider Man and Miles Morales to team up at some point.
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/06/...miles-morales/
    All the major MCU stars seem pretty open to their legacy's appearing, though I'd expect a team-up would require some time-travel or a super-young Miles if it's to happen anytime soon...

With the talk about Miles in the MCU, how would you all feel if he took up the name Scarlet-Spider in the MCU? I say this because the chances of them ever actually killing Peter is pretty low and the doing actual clone saga would be rather complicated.

BANNED

I wouldn't look forward to more folks on the internet complaining that Miles has robbed Ben like he's robbed Peter

True, but most options would set these people off anyway short of an entirely new name. And a good name is hard to come by with all the things to take into consideration about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    With the talk about Miles in the MCU, how would you all feel if he took up the name Scarlet-Spider in the MCU? I say this because the chances of them ever actually killing Peter is pretty low and the doing actual clone saga would be rather complicated.
    His costume's not really scarlet though.

I mean, there's red in there, but it's not as prominent compared to the actual Scarlet Spider costumes.

I could live with it, even if it's a name I associate more with Ben and Kaine, but I don't think it would fit that well with Miles. But that's just me.

Yeah, he's not the only one. Cassie Lang (Stature/Stinger) is also in the MCU, appearing in Ant-Man, but of course, Cassie was just a little girl, doesn't have her powers yet. Wouldn't be surprised if they do a Champions film seven or eight years down the line though, using some of the teen heroes. The starting comic lineup is no-go unless they get the X-Men back, and even then Viv is probably out due to Vision's origin involving an Infinity Gem. So I'd use Miles, Cassie, Ms Marvel (who will likely have been introduced by that point, perhaps in Captain Marvel 2), Kate Bishop (doesn't need an origin, since she's just an archer), Nova (could be introduced in GOTG3), and Ironheart (they'll need to replace Tony Stark by that point, so introducing Riri by then makes sense). Basically merging it and Young Avengers (Speed and Wiccan can't exist because of their complicated origin and Vision's involvement, and, it looks like Mar-Vell doesn't exist, which means no Hulkling).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-25-2017 at 10:11 PM.

BANNED

Eh I don't think Viv is impossible.

But really Kamala and Miles are critical...the rest are replaceable.

Still a mix of the Young Avengers and Champions isn't bad.

Kamala and Miles. Kate and Cassie. Leaves One or Two Slots.

Doesn't Amadeus kinda sort of exist?
    Last edited by JediKage; 06-26-2017 at 02:22 AM.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Miles having different code names in different media seems like it would confuse people.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    All the major MCU stars seem pretty open to their legacy's appearing, though I'd expect a team-up would require some time-travel or a super-young Miles if it's to happen anytime soon...
    Technically the spoilers never say how old Miles is supposed to be. Hypothetically he could just be a middle school student while Pete is a freshman in high school, just like it was originally the case in the Ultimate Universe.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.