Page 16 of 347 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what remains of Miles supporting cast? How are they integrated into the 616 world? are their memories altered at all? If not, how does this work, exactly?
    Nothing has been revealed or answered, we have to wait until Ultimate End #5, which is why the delays for Secret Wars are frustrating b/c our only answers are dependent upon an event that keeps getting extended/delayed.

We can assume that Miles father Jefferson and his best friend Ganke will make it. We can only hope that Ult. Cloak & Dagger, and Ult. Bombshell survive and make it b/c their 616 counterparts have done nothing, but collect dust for years.

How are they integrated, are their memories intact? Who knows b/c there is an 8 month timeskip where writers might not have to answer those questions as quickly as they would have if there hadn't been a timeskip.

Loved 1610 so much. I'm happy to have Miles in 616 but it really is sorta sad that only a handful of people are gonna make the jump. 1610 really got so interesting and fleshed out post-Ultimatum. I'll be sad to see all that gone.

My guess on everyone who makes it: Ganke and his family, Miles' dad, Nick Fury, C&D, Bombshell, Black Widow, and possibly Gwen with her having such insane popularity lately. I'd laugh pretty hard if Ult. Gwen became Gwen-Pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    Loved 1610 so much. I'm happy to have Miles in 616 but it really is sorta sad that only a handful of people are gonna make the jump. 1610 really got so interesting and fleshed out post-Ultimatum. I'll be sad to see all that gone.

My guess on everyone who makes it: Ganke and his family, Miles' dad, Nick Fury, C&D, Bombshell, Black Widow, and possibly Gwen with her having such insane popularity lately. I'd laugh pretty hard if Ult. Gwen became Gwen-Pool.
    I'd be right there with you buddy, that'd be a hoot.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I still don't know what the whole point was with Ultimate Peter coming back, patting Miles on the head, and then running off with MJ. Feels like something they were hinting at that doesn't seem like it's going anywhere because the Ultimate Universe went kaboom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I still don't know what the whole point was with Ultimate Peter coming back, patting Miles on the head, and then running off with MJ. Feels like something they were hinting at that doesn't seem like it's going anywhere because the Ultimate Universe went kaboom.
    Agree. Yet disagree. I agree that it felt like there was supposed to be more, but it was cut short by the end of everything which is frustrating. Yet I liked that Miles got to meet the guy he is successor to and not just an alternate universe version. And it was kinda nice to see a Peter Parker ACTUALLY get to run off with MJ and not be forced to come back due to popular demand.

BANNED

616 Cloak & Dagger had been in Spider-Island and had a mini after it where their powers got switched so they haven't been on the shelf for that long( and a version of them are currently in SW: Runaways )

I would love for more Ultimate characters to come over, other than Miles and his people, and Ult.Reed, hopefully there are some surprises, especially in terms of villains...

But despite some characters dying it does seem and feel like they're gonna keep all 616 characters alive somehow.

I really want clone Gwen (and Ult. May) to survive, but tptb might think spider-gwen is enough, but if spider-pool gains itself a little following who knows lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    616 Cloak & Dagger had been in Spider-Island and had a mini after it where their powers got switched so they haven't been on the shelf for that long( and a version of them are currently in SW: Runaways )
    Oh yeah I heard about that, but if this is the only recent stuff, then I don't feel that guilty in hoping they go bye-bye for the Ult. versions.

~~

Is there any storyline ideas anyone has that you think would be good for Bendis to do...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Eh they have been off the shelf for awhile in 616 runaways version doesnt count.

Can't remember what thread it is on here, but some people are speculating that since we know that the multiverse still exists post-SW thanks to Web Warriors, Spider-Gwen, and X-Men '92 that maybe ONLY Miles will make the jump and that they'll keep 1610 intact and will later start a new Ultimate Spider-Man series with the now alive Peter. I think I'd be cool with that.

Can't remember what thread it is on here, but some people are speculating that since we know that the multiverse still exists post-SW thanks to Web Warriors, Spider-Gwen, and X-Men '92 that maybe ONLY Miles will make the jump and that they'll keep 1610 intact and will later start a new Ultimate Spider-Man series with the now alive Peter. I think I'd be cool with that.
    I don't know if I'm here for that cause I want Miles supporting characters to come along, he legit doesn't have a lot supporting characters, half of the characters we see belonged to Ultimate Peter, and since they weren't going no where, and stuck around for Miles, I've caught the feels for them and I want them to be taken with Miles lol. If Miles isn't the only one coming over than I'd be fine with 1610 still existing.

But the speculation while advantageous, just sounds like wish fulfillment. I believe an interview in the Gwen thread stated that Spider-Man UK lost his universe, so yeah there's still a multiverse, but that doesn't mean that the Ultimate verse is safe. How many interviews has it been said in not so few words about the plan to get rid of the Ultimate universe, it was revealed they had this idea about getting rid of the Ult. universe for 5 years, how many questions are being asked about what other Ult. characters are possibly coming along with Miles. I mean they're taking away Ult. Reed, one of the best characters of the Ultimate universe imo.

The secret wars event was basically an excuse to do 3 things, destroy the ultimate universe, bring miles and whoever else they liked from any of the multiverses to 616, and refresh the 616, but I'm all about people getting what they want, since I want a lot of things out of Secret Wars too.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 09-27-2015 at 09:56 AM.

BANNED

That pretty much defeats the purpose of bringing Miles to 616 and while I like what the Ult universe brought to the table it had been Miles who kept that universe in print by having a worthwhile comic as everything else fizzled out

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I don't know if I'm here for that cause I want Miles supporting characters to come along, he legit doesn't have a lot supporting characters, half of the characters we see belonged to Ultimate Peter, and since they weren't going no where, and stuck around for Miles, I've caught the feels for them and I want them to be taken with Miles lol. If Miles isn't the only one coming over than I'd be fine with 1610 still existing.

But the speculation while advantageous, just sounds like wish fulfillment. I believe an interview in the Gwen thread stated that Spider-Man UK lost his universe, so yeah there's still a multiverse, but that that doesn't mean that the Ultimate verse is safe. How many interviews has it been said in not so few words about the plan to get rid of the Ultimate universe, it was revealed they had this idea about getting of Ult. universe for 5 years, how many questions are being asked about what other Ult. characters are possibly coming along with Miles. I mean they're taking away Ult. Reed, one of the best characters of the Ultimate universe imo.

The secret wars event was basically an excuse to do 3 things, destroy the ultimate universe, bring miles and whoever else they liked from any of the multiverses to 616, and refresh the 616, but I'm all about people getting what they want, since I want a lot of things out of Secret Wars too.
    Yea true. Very wish fulfillment-esque. But I also don't trust anything the people at Marvel say. Bendis heavily implied Star-Lady was gonna be Ult Kitty on his Tumblr but from every interview I've read since, that's not true. They say they're ending the multiverse, but that's not true. They say it's a reboot, but that's not true. (Thank god for that one) Slott says RYV is important to the relaunch of ASM, but that's not true unless hinting at Mockingbird and Prowler is important somehow.

Not trying to be all bitter here haha. Just until the comics themselves give definitive answers, I feel like what we're told is just as likely or unlikely as what we think.

Yea true. Very wish fulfillment-esque. But I also don't trust anything the people at Marvel say. Bendis heavily implied Star-Lady was gonna be Ult Kitty on his Tumblr but from every interview I've read since, that's not true. They say they're ending the multiverse, but that's not true. They say it's a reboot, but that's not true. (Thank god for that one) Slott says RYV is important to the relaunch of ASM, but that's not true unless hinting at Mockingbird and Prowler is important somehow.

Not trying to be all bitter here haha. Just until the comics themselves give definitive answers, I feel like what we're told is just as likely or unlikely as what we think.
    I only take what Bendis interviews say to heart, he gets a little playful on his Tumblr, I wouldn't be surprised if Ult. Kitty somehow survives tho, he seems to like the character a lot.

As for RYV, I didn't expect anything substantial b/c of the nature of the book, so I do think it was Mockingbird and Prowler and/or maybe something else that was the important components for ASM that Dan stated.

But I get the apprehension or rather suspicion, b/c they did say that there would be no multiverse, not saying they can't change their minds, but there was a lot of hoopla about it and now there are other universes that will survive, and who knows what they'll do in the next few years.

There's some speculation that Miles Morales might pop up in the MCU films.

http://www.newsarama.com/26189-will-...an-reboot.html

Personally, I'd wait a few years, if only because that allows for greater flexibility with casting.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I read issue 1 of ASM, and saw the backup stories which were 5 stories from 5 different spiderbooks, which helped satisfy a growing resentment I had at Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There's some speculation that Miles Morales might pop up in the MCU films.

http://www.newsarama.com/26189-will-...an-reboot.html

Personally, I'd wait a few years, if only because that allows for greater flexibility with casting.
    I don't know why they don't just say 'no he's not appearing', stringing along fans just makes them more pissed off. The only way we're getting a live action Miles is if he gets another superhero name, Marvel has full rights back, or if they give Miles his own tv series. And while some fans will be happy with an appearance (if it actually does happen), the rest won't, no one is asking for a cameo, they're asking for a movie.