Page 191 of 347 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 5196
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    Without giving anything away, he is shy to take a few social actions and is nudged (or rather comically forced) by Ganke to varying degrees of success. He finds a sense of purpose as the novel goes on and discovers his voice in a very beautiful and organic way.

It's a genuinely wonderful book - not just for Miles or Spidey fans, but for the genre in general. Again, highly recommend his other books - they're short reads but will stay with you.
    Thanks for the insight.

I hope to be able read the Miles novel soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Heck I would go for the obvious and just choose the name, Anansi. Miles' style of fighting already leans more towards that of a stealth trickster. Especially when in camouflage mode.
    I'd prefer that if he used that name there'd be some form of magical influence involved. Which, I've said before, would be an interesting addition to Miles' world because as a new character his world is still expanding and can have all kinds of facets to it. I mean he fought Blackheart in the first issue of the current run I can't imagine a demon like him letting that defeat go so there's a perfect opportunity to add that facet.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 08-07-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I'd prefer that if he used that name there'd be some form of magical influence involved. Which, I've said before, would be an interesting addition to Miles' world because as a new character his world is still expanding and can have all kinds of facets to it. I mean he fought Blackheart in the first issue of the current run I can't imagine a demon like him letting that defeat go so there's a perfect opportunity to add that facet.
    I really hope Blackheart comes back. But only if its Pichelli back in the artist seat.

Yeah, Pichelli's Blackheart was amazing and a great look for the character.

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...98677359460352

More bait from Bendis or could he actually show up in Spider-Men II.

Not surprising, not to long ago he mentioned a possible appearance from the rest of the cast too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Not surprising, not to long ago he mentioned a possible appearance from the rest of the cast too.
    If this is set after Ultimates2 #100, then I could see him and MJ coming to the Prime MU through the portal that Taskmaster used. I really hope this doesn't end up as an "Ultimate End" thing where he promises 1610!Peter but never delivers. Mostly so I can see 1610 and Prime Peters banter with Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Better late then never

He started off with talking about how he landed the gig which is interesting, his agent said Marvel is approaching him about it and want to fly him out to New York to hear his pitch. He said he went because he figured once they heard his pitch they'd politely show him the door which he said obviously they didn't and said we love it and he had 28 days to turn in the first draft. He mentions taking a couple days to do some research as he wanted to figure out which universe it's set in, if he could fix some things he found questionable like Jefferson being named after a noted racist, lack of mentioning Miles' latino background, Rio's lack of a identity and Miles' last name which Marvel was more than ok with and as far as he knows Bendis is as well( I'll come back to this ).

He then read the first chapter and went to Q & A. He was asked if he's had any meet up with Bendis and he said all he knows is of the blurb on the back of the book and he let slip that Marvel is planning on having them work together on a new Miles project, he was asked did he feel burdened being the first non white writer handling Miles and he said no because he loves the character and felt that if he was a kid today he would want this book as back when he was a kid there wasn't any of this that they have today. He was asked if there's a soundtrack in his head for the book and there is and it's a lot of old school hip hop, he was most fascinated by the high school as he says given his situation and being in a prodominately white school Miles should just flip out for a page or two, he had a great deal of fun creating a female character for the book, he wasn't a comic reader while growing up but does love the movies and is looking forward to the animated movie, he was told by Marvel they plan to adapt the book into other mediums but he doesn't know when that will be, he'd love to do another Miles book and has ideas and is waiting for Marvel to give the word, he's a fan of Miles' fans because "ya'll are devoted to him like he's a sports team".

Then it was signing time
    That sounds amazing. Glad that it was such a cool experience and thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Completely forgot to mention he also named dropped Ultimate Spin and said folks there should give them a listen
    My jaw is on the ground. Seriously. Very humbled by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    He also mentioned them in the acknowledgments page at the end of the novel. I really hope he appears on the show one day.
    My jaw was also on the ground when I saw that, because I honestly had no idea. Really generous. We are in touch and hopefully we'll find time for him to visit. He's got two more books coming out this year (!), so he's going to be a busy dude.

I was sad to see him comment on Twitter that he'd been dealing with some trolling about the Miles novel (it seems like the "SJW" name calling and people picking fights with creators and Marvel has escalated recently). I found it embarrassing for comic fandom to see a noted and highly respected YA author dragged into this BS. To his credit, he took the high road. But it still sucks.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Spectacular Member

Here's the video of Jason Reynolds reading chapter 1 of the Miles Novel.
    https://youtu.be/ipe9T4udSb8

Also here's the Q&A
    https://youtu.be/LcEqvG6_gYw

My copy comes in the mail today, I can't wait to read it.

Edit: I believe this is the full video
    https://youtu.be/vY8S5WSCiQY
    Last edited by Mr HardKnocks; 08-08-2017 at 05:32 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    That sounds amazing. Glad that it was such a cool experience and thank you for sharing.

My jaw is on the ground. Seriously. Very humbled by this.

My jaw was also on the ground when I saw that, because I honestly had no idea. Really generous. We are in touch and hopefully we'll find time for him to visit. He's got two more books coming out this year (!), so he's going to be a busy dude.

I was sad to see him comment on Twitter that he'd been dealing with some trolling about the Miles novel (it seems like the "SJW" name calling and people picking fights with creators and Marvel has escalated recently). I found it embarrassing for comic fandom to see a noted and highly respected YA author dragged into this BS. To his credit, he took the high road. But it still sucks.

He stays busy as I also believe he's writing at least two more books at the same time.

It sucks that he has to deal with trolling

did we get the legacy number break down yet?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    did we get the legacy number break down yet?
    From what I saw somewhere, it was Ultimate Spider-Man #1-200, then Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man #1-12, then Spider-Man (starring Miles Morales) #1-21, in total 233 issues before Spider-Man #234.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Thanks for the insight.

I hope to be able read the Miles novel soon.
    I just got my book today and i can't wait to start reading it

so is miles in any comic today or no?

spoilers:
    Not really he makes a brief appearance in Defenders but it's just back to when he trashed Hammerhead's place so it's just an unimportant cameo.
    end of spoilers