Page 2 of 347 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

I really wished that there was an Ultimate Comics Spiderman v2 omnibus HC with Miles Morales

I still have lots of catching up to do with Spider-Man.

*Very* excited about this series and the reunion of the original creative team (including colorist Justin Ponsor!). Lots to look forward to - Bendis said that the first year (!) will serve as the sequel to the Spider-Men miniseries.

I'd like to see the venom sting toned down - it's too easy of an escape switch for Miles. Maybe a side-effect or some other limitation that forces him to use it in the most dire circumstances.

And I'd love to see Ganke developed as a character. Grow their group of friends (classmates?) and give him a chance to interact with other people.

Lots of Miles haters out there that just grab the wrong end of the stick and claim "political correctness" or whatever. If you're looking for thoughtful discussion about the series that's also not afraid to be critical (but fair!), I invite you to check out our Miles podcast at http://www.ultimatespinpodcast.com.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Bringin in some images for our Ultimate Webslinger:

And I agree with others: Bring in Miles supporting cast(and no. Not Ulti.Gwen, May, MJ) and some villains (No Goblin).
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Incredible Member

As a floppy collector dropout, I'm just surprised that Miles has yet to have any of his stories printed in the oversized hardcover format, Spider-Men being the exception.

Here are some of my favorite covers of Miles' from over the years.

Miles_Morales_Ultimate_Spider-Man_Vol_1_1.jpg

Spider-Men_Vol_1_3_Dodson_Variant.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Greekfire13; 06-23-2015 at 08:34 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I really wished that there was an Ultimate Comics Spiderman v2 omnibus HC with Miles Morales

Probably early next year as the first run is getting paperback omnibus collections

And here are some more images of the Ultimate Spider-Man.

miles_morales___ultimate_spider_man_png_by_thesuperiorxaviruiz-d88kzcw.jpg
    Last edited by Greekfire13; 06-23-2015 at 08:36 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    *Very* excited about this series and the reunion of the original creative team (including colorist Justin Ponsor!). Lots to look forward to - Bendis said that the first year (!) will serve as the sequel to the Spider-Men miniseries.

I'd like to see the venom sting toned down - it's too easy of an escape switch for Miles. Maybe a side-effect or some other limitation that forces him to use it in the most dire circumstances.

And I'd love to see Ganke developed as a character. Grow their group of friends (classmates?) and give him a chance to interact with other people.

Lots of Miles haters out there that just grab the wrong end of the stick and claim "political correctness" or whatever. If you're looking for thoughtful discussion about the series that's also not afraid to be critical (but fair!), I invite you to check out our Miles podcast at http://www.ultimatespinpodcast.com.
    I really like your site!

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Due to the fact Miles Morales will now be placed in the 616, I decided to create an appreciation thread.

So on to the series, one of my most favorite things I'm looking forward to is the return of Sara Pichelli. Don't get me wrong, Marquez was a fantastic artist that somehow integrated Sara's own style with his own to create this new approach, but there's something about Sara's work that I adore. I picked up Guardians of the Galaxy in the beginning mostly because of Sara's work. Here's hoping Sara stays on the series much longer than she did before.
    I love Sara's work as well, her depiction of Miles was a big draw for me initially. I wish we could see a longer run with the character this time, but it seems like she can't quite keep up with a monthly schedule and is restricted to shorter runs. She didn't last long on Guardians either. I just hope she stays on the book alternating with someone else instead of just doing one arc and moving on to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post

I'm still astonished that Marvel hasn't published a Miles Morales Omnibus yet and went for the Ultimate Collection TPBs instead. Maybe if the new series has good sales they'll finally go for it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    I love Sara's work as well, her depiction of Miles was a big draw for me initially. I wish we could see a longer run with the character this time, but it seems like she can't quite keep up with a monthly schedule and is restricted to shorter runs. She didn't last long on Guardians either. I just hope she stays on the book alternating with someone else instead of just doing one arc and moving on to something else.

I'm still astonished that Marvel hasn't published a Miles Morales Omnibus yet and went for the Ultimate Collection TPBs instead. Maybe if the new series has good sales they'll finally go for it.
    I notice that too, her run on Guardians were pretty much enough for a trade, that's it I believe, which is sad because I bought the book just for her art.
    Cross your fingers that she at least becomes an alternating artist for Miles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Greekfire13 View Post
    And here are some more images of the Ultimate Spider-Man.

miles_morales___ultimate_spider_man_png_by_thesuperiorxaviruiz-d88kzcw.jpg
    Fantastic pics!

So it looks like All-New All-Different Avengers is officially a go. I'm really interested in finding out one kind of role Spider-Man is going to play on this team. And I hope Waid get's Miles' characterization right. The last time Miles was on a team book, was the All-New Ultimates, and Fiffe didn't capture his character very well.

BANNED

Wish they fight The Maker later.

Incredible Member

That cover is a homage to Grant Morrison's JLA #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    That cover is a homage to Grant Morrison's JLA #1.
    Good catch!

10 Char