Page 211 of 347 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 5196
    Niffleheim

Is that Rio or Anna Maria?

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Is that Rio or Anna Maria?
    I was wondering why there wasn't anyone from Miles' supporting cast on the cover but it doesn't look like Rio.

Guys, I can see what seems to be Miles's hand on the far left of that cover. It's a connecting cover, Miles's supporting cast are probably on the other side.

And yes, that's definitely Anna Maria.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was wondering why there wasn't anyone from Miles' supporting cast on the cover but it doesn't look like Rio.
    It's a variant i didn't see that. lol! I completely ignored that bit.
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-19-2017 at 05:18 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's a variant for Spider-Men II #3

Eh, while art wise it looks fantastic (Seriously, I love more realism in my comics, who did this by chance?)

I am kind of tired of Variant books of the series constantly having Peter Front and Center while Miles is in the background. It was alright in the first series because the series was mostly about Peter and him giving closure to his ultimate counterparts. But this series is about Miles and he shouldn't be seen as second fiddle on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Eh, while art wise it looks fantastic (Seriously, I love more realism in my comics, who did this by chance?)
    I believe it's Alex Ross.

I am kind of tired of Variant books of the series constantly having Peter Front and Center while Miles is in the background. It was alright in the first series because the series was mostly about Peter and him giving closure to his ultimate counterparts. But this series is about Miles and he shouldn't be seen as second fiddle on the cover.
    There's probably a Miles variant with him front-and-center that connects with this one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I believe it's Alex Ross.

There's probably a Miles variant with him front-and-center that connects with this one.

Alex Ross is a genius, easily one of my top 3 favorite artists ever in comics, the realism that he brought to comics was industry shattering.

Eh, we will see, but this isn't the only variant I'm talking about. If you look at all the spider men variant covers, it's mostly Peter front and center and miles somewhere in the distance (exaggeration but still behind Peter mostly.) You will have a few that has them on the same level of importance, though they are primarily the main covers. But it still not right for a series that focusing on miles to have him as a backdrop in most of the variant covers. I was planning on buying a few which I don't normally do but not with what they are producing.

Alex Ross is a genius, easily one of my top 3 favorite artists ever in comics, the realism that he brought to comics was industry shattering.
    He does have nice art .

Eh, we will see, but this isn't the only variant I'm talking about. If you look at all the spider men variant covers, it's mostly Peter front and center and miles somewhere in the distance (exaggeration but still behind Peter mostly.) You will have a few that has them on the same level of importance, though they are primarily the main covers. But it still not right for a series that focusing on miles to have him as a backdrop in most of the variant covers. I was planning on buying a few which I don't normally do but not with what they are producing.
    I guess Peter's kind of more in the forefront in some, but not by much in my opinion and I think Miles is pretty dynamically and prominently posed next to him in them.

spoilers:
    That was pretty nice, 616 Miles and Fisk's relationship was actually pretty cool.
    Anyone else notice that the love interests for both Miles are named Barbara? Coincidence or is it going to be some twist where Miles is trying to date his alternate reality daughter? Probably not but it's still a weird choice.
    Anyway this was obviously going to be backstory so I'm satisfied with how it went.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Well Bendis has done the impossible, He has made literally the first villain that I thoroughly enjoy and like. I almost never like villains (and I don't consider anti-heroes villains)
    and usually can't wait to see them get thrashed by the heroes. But 616 Miles is different for some reason, he has that perfect blend of confidence yet insecurity because of his face, he's probably one of if not the most relatable villain I've seen in comics and it's going to be the first time in comics where I don't want Miles to completely lay out a villain, but maybe get him to turn a new leaf.

spoilers:
    That was pretty nice, 616 Miles and Fisk's relationship was actually pretty cool.
    Anyone else notice that the love interests for both Miles are named Barbara? Coincidence or is it going to be some twist where Miles is trying to date his alternate reality daughter? Probably not but it's still a weird choice.
    Anyway this was obviously going to be backstory so I'm satisfied with how it went.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    So glad I'm not the only one to have the same theory about how teenage Barbara may be the daughter of the evil adult Miles. Also Wilson Fisk is totally the, Ganke for evil adult Miles and I find that as just perfect.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    also, 616 Miles also has a cousin. Wonder if our Miles has one he doesn't know about?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Unspeakable Evil; 09-20-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    spoilers:
    So glad I'm not the only one to have the same theory about how teenage Barbara may be the daughter of the evil adult Miles. Also Wilson Fisk is totally the, Ganke for evil adult Miles and I find that as just perfect.
    end of spoilers
    Does anyone else agree that this was probably the best book of the series so far? I absolutely loved it to be honest.

BANNED

Well Bendis has done the impossible, He has made literally the first villain that I thoroughly enjoy and like. I almost never like villains (and I don't consider anti-heroes villains)
    and usually can't wait to see them get thrashed by the heroes. But 616 Miles is different for some reason, he has that perfect blend of confidence yet insecurity because of his face, he's probably one of if not the most relatable villain I've seen in comics and it's going to be the first time in comics where I don't want Miles to completely lay out a villain, but maybe get him to turn a new leaf.
    This issue was an unexpected - and pleasant - surprise. Did not see 616 Miles' story being what it is but I loved it and loved the relationship between him and Fisk. This was a great issue and made me really excited for the rest of this mini and for what 616 Miles' future might hold.

So how old is 616 Miles supposed to be?

He knew a pre-Kingpin Wilson Fisk and seemed to be in his early 20's. That would probably make him older then Peter and much older then the younger Miles.
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Honestly, my first thought was why is 616 Miles also dating Mockingbird ?
    end of spoilers