Page 215 of 347 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 5196

If that is Jefferson it's kinda weird they made him old like that, but then again it's still weird to me they had Miles telling people he had spider powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    If that is Jefferson it's kinda weird they made him old like that, but then again it's still weird to me they had Miles telling people he had spider powers.
    Well, he's got the beard he had after Rio died and Jeter mentions Miles' dad.

I wonder if this time Rio will be gone in Miles' life like Jefferson was in the last cartoon?

Yeah, but when he had the beard it wasn't gray it was still black. But who knows he could have just grayed early or it might just be bad art both are pretty likely with this show.

I hope Rio's not gone though, these days Miles is one of the few characters that still has both parents alive and in his life that alone makes him pretty unique.

BANNED

There was zero mention of Rio which sucks

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Watched a clip and I really dislike the art direction of the animated series. Jefferson in particular looks really weird.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    There was zero mention of Rio which sucks
    Well, Jefferson was dead in Ultimate Spider-Man, so maybe this is trying to balance the scales a little ?

I wish both of them were in the cartoon as well. But I'm glad they at least addressed Miles having family. And hey, he was voiced by Alex Desert, the voice of Nick Fury on Earth's Mightiest Heroes .
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Watched a clip and I really dislike the art direction of the animated series. Jefferson in particular looks really weird.
    The animation and designs definitely don't look as good as they could be.

But I could say that for most Marvel animated productions these days.

BANNED

I preordered Homecoming on iTunes and it dropped for me a couple hours ago, there's a extended scene of Donald Glover as Incle Aaron after Spidey leaves him webbed to his car

spoilers:
    he's seen trying to cut the webs with his keys, pleading for help from a lady walking by but the thing of note is the scene ends with him on the phone with Miles who he mentions by name that he's not going to be able to make it
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I preordered Homecoming on iTunes and it dropped for me a couple hours ago, there's a extended scene of Donald Glover as Incle Aaron after Spidey leaves him webbed to his car

spoilers:
    he's seen trying to cut the webs with his keys, pleading for help from a lady walking by but the thing of note is the scene ends with him on the phone with Miles who he mentions by name that he's not going to be able to make it
    end of spoilers
    Geez, MCU Peter is a dick.

Here's the clip if anyone wants to see it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Here's the clip if anyone wants to see it.

Thanks, but it looks like it got pulled off.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Let me fix that then.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Let me fix that then.

Poor guy. If he becomes the Prowler, he'll actually have a somewhat decent reason for hating Spidey's guts.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Let me fix that then.

That one's down too! The copyright police must be on the prowl.

So...Generations! I enjoyed this quite a bit:

spoilers:
    I'd read most of the other issues in the series, so I knew the basic premise ("modern" incarnation ends up encountering original in the latter's past for unexplained reasons; random adventure but main theme is appreciating the character traits that bond the two). I loved how Bendis played a little loose with time (1960s for Pete and 1990s for Miles...or is it?) and set the action within what's arguably one of the all-time great ASM arcs "If This Be My Destiny". It dovetailed really beautifully with the larger thematic question in Miles' main series about the burden and privilege of wielding the Spider-Man mantle. I found the moment where Miles stood up to Pete's "friends" to be a quietly heroic moment.

Overall the art was a stunning Ditko homage, with the depiction of the Brooklyn Bridge and final panel standing out for me as highlights. There were still a few wonky moments with faces (one with angry Peter in particular), but overall I thought that it suited the nature of the story very well
    end of spoilers

I love character pieces like this. It really captured the spirit of the original "Spider-Men" miniseries for me, much more so than the current sequel. Recommended.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    So...Generations! I enjoyed this quite a bit:

spoilers:
    I'd read most of the other issues in the series, so I knew the basic premise ("modern" incarnation ends up encountering original in the latter's past for unexplained reasons; random adventure but main theme is appreciating the character traits that bond the two). I loved how Bendis played a little loose with time (1960s for Pete and 1990s for Miles...or is it?) and set the action within what's arguably one of the all-time great ASM arcs "If This Be My Destiny". It dovetailed really beautifully with the larger thematic question in Miles' main series about the burden and privilege of wielding the Spider-Man mantle. I found the moment where Miles stood up to Pete's "friends" to be a quietly heroic moment.

Overall the art was a stunning Ditko homage, with the depiction of the Brooklyn Bridge and final panel standing out for me as highlights. There were still a few wonky moments with faces (one with angry Peter in particular), but overall I thought that it suited the nature of the story very well
    end of spoilers

I love character pieces like this. It really captured the spirit of the original "Spider-Men" miniseries for me, much more so than the current sequel. Recommended.
    Just finished reading it and this is definitely a really good read.