Page 220 of 347 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 5196
    BANNED

From the Marvel Press panel at NYCC

First off, Miles Morales: Spider-Man novel author Jason Reynolds spoke about introducing his young "at risk" students to Miles Morales, who were excited that he was half black and half-Puerto Rican, a situation that led to him taking the job of writing the novel.

Smith spoke about living in Brooklyn and relating his experience to the life of Miles Morales, saying that Brooklyn has a unique setting, which he tries to write "like another character in the story."

"It's got its own look, its own voice, its own smell...It's used in a way that Miles has to interact with it like another character."

He also explained that he wanted to get away from some of the previous portrayals of Spider-Man, and focus more on why Miles fights crime the way he does, and how his personality affects his life as a hero. "It's about a kid who happens to be a superhero."

Smith said the biggest question he's received about his Miles Morales novel is why he didn't include more Marvel characters in the story. He explained that his focus was on Miles, and that he felt it was important to maintain a focus on that character instead of expanding the universe too quickly.
    Source
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-05-2017 at 01:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    From the Marvel Press panel at NYCC

Source
    It also explain WHY there wasn't more Marvel Universe involved in the novel. I know you want to have Miles stand on his own, but don't leave the entire world outside his door blank.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Yeah, that makes the most sense. I know Miles' Generation will bridge his series to Legacy, but does his series come first or Spider-Men II?

Gail Simone's Taskmaster looked hella young.
    it was my understanding that Taskmaster used a holographic disguise throughout that series (surprised that he hasn't been accused of rape by deception). they showed what he originally looked like in the Unthinkable mini. but, since then, he's had extensive plastic surgery on his face; enough so to disturb Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    So, uh...are we not going to address Miles getting arrested at the end of last issue? Are we just supposed to assume the police just let him go ?

Man, Tomoe is a pretty terrible crime boss. I mean, on-top of Miles pretty much single-handedly busting her in this issue, she was already arrested just a few months back in Ironheart's book, and had her whole operation torn apart by Iron Man a while earlier. Black Cat may be a pretty terrible crime boss too, but at least she doesn't get caught.

Although I do kind of wonder if Bendis might be positioning her in a Black Cat role for Miles since they seemed to be teasing an attraction there between the two...up until she found out he was spying on her. Although I guess that would depend on whether she shows up again, since Bendis seems to be moving her across his books.

I also wonder how old she is...

(I'm starting to get the sense that Bendis is trying to build up Miles' love interests...)

I'm actually kind of surprised there isn't a canon Japanese Spider-Man at this point, aside from the Toei Spidey.

Nothing ruins a good fight in this book more then capping it off with the Venom Blast. At least it's not taking out giant robots or being the "can do anything" attack it is in Marvel's Spider-Man.

I really don't want to imagine all the trouble Ganke will get into with that sword.

Cable's appearance was so random that I love it .
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    We don't know if Miles was actually arrested or not. The scene just ended with him staring at his phone in bewilderment while a bunch of Tokyo cops began to surround him. For all we know he kicked into camouflage mode and leaped onto a building to escape. It wouldnt be the first time he escaped police capture that way. (actually was a bit of a running gag back in his early days in the Ultimate universe.)

I do hope we see more of Tomoe in Miles' book.The interaction between the two was hilarious and at times even adorable. I would love for her to be the Black Cat to his Spider-Man.

But yeah Tomoe really should have listened to her assistant and fled the scene as the fight started to take a turn for the worst for her ninjas. But hey at least we know shes not afraid to throw herself into the mix. She more than willing to fight her own battles and not just hide behind her minions. I can genuinely respect that (still a poor choice though).
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Grimm911; 10-05-2017 at 08:06 PM.

I finally got around to reading the newest issue and it was everything that I wanted and asked for and I am so happy Bendis is going through with it, at least I hope he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    spoilers:
    In Bendis' defense its actually been awhile since we've seen the venom blast in action in the main series so he has been cutting back on the use, and I think we can cut him some slack here. And honestly its getting to the point where it feels that complaining about the venom blast is becoming one of things were its considered "cool' to start hating on something just because other people have some minor gripes about it and then the whole thing snowballs out of control; Kinda like with the band Nickelback (yeah I like Nickelback, Fight Me!(Just kidding about the fight thing. But I do seriously like the band.)

I mean seriously we just saw our boy Miles take down a bunch of techno ninjas with NO web shooters, straight up Jackie Chan style, with touching flashback moments of happier times with uncle Aaron giving sage (actually helpful and positive) advice, and the only thing some of you will take away from the whole fight is the use of the venom blast at the end? Not Miles' ingenuity with a lamp? Not the awesome Jackie Chan reference that served as a bonding moment for him and his uncle? Not the fact that, Tomoe the Techno Golem was crushing on him this entire issue. And was totally going to try and kiss/kill him before she passed out at the end. (You know she was going to!)

Can the venom blast be seen as a bit of a cop out to end the fight...maybe, I admit I really wanted to see Tomoe and Miles throw down. (More interaction is very much needed between these two, and yes I might have my shipping goggles on for this, Fight Me! Again just kidding about the whole fight thing but yes I will try and turn Miles x Tomoe into a thing!) But for me the Venom Blast ended things of with a bang and lets face it Miles was still healing from busted ribs, so he would not have been able to last as long as we, and yes even Bendis would have wanted to.

Just please guys don't have "venom blast hate" become the meme its slowly turning into for Miles Morales lovers. Or fuel for those Miles Morales haters on the other side of the fence. I mean seriously ask yourselves, is it really as bad as some people try to make it out to be? Not from where I'm reading. I'm just enjoying the fun ride.
    end of spoilers
    This was a great statement, the venom blast/sting complaint is annoying; it was started by Peter fans who not only hated Miles but didn't like that Miles had his own unique abilities b/c they believed his abilities would help him get pushed over Peter. And now for some reason the words that they have said and used to justify their hate of Miles is being parroted by fans who like/love the character of Miles which seems kind of stockholm syndrome-y.

And despite the numerous posts created by Peter fans complaining about the venom sting that I and a few other have responded to with facts, particularly with me I know I listed every fight Miles ever had, which of those fights he used venom sting for, why for some it was effective, and not for others, and if events effected the way it was used, but I guess it's easier to ignore something factual than consider it.

And like you stated the complaint is truly like the Nickelback meme since everytime it's brought up, how it's used or have been used is always an exaggeration and everything else that Miles does/did in that issue doesn't matter b/c he's apparently not allowed to use that ability ever.

Personally for me, I'm also gonna start parroting a phrase that is said across message boards the world over in many forms:

"Don't like, don't read."

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    spoilers:
    If Natasha stays dead do you think Miles will become the next Black Widow in the future? Those two did have a kind of student/mentor thing going on during Secret Empire.
    end of spoilers
    Imma say when Nat comes back to life, to live the rest of her life and gets old and gray, and can no longer be a spy, Miles would be an adult by then and be more experienced and therefore should take up the name, and finally have a spider name to fall back on.

I have a mighty need to see a flash forward storyline where this happens.

I also have this image of Miles sneaking around crawling on walls with his camouflage ability and secretly knocking out the low level henchman with his venom sting before he gets to the "real competition"

Yep, I need that in a comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    spoilers:
    No way Nat's staying dead, but maybe it's a adult Miles as Black Widow kind of thing. What I found interesting is Cable saying Miles is at the center of future international espionage so he's either one of the best spies or he's the leader of a spy organization either option is pretty cool.
    end of spoilers
    Do we have heroes around Miles age who could be a part of his future organization, I think so far Miles age group are just superheroes, there aren't any other young heroes I can see dabbling in the same sub hero genre Miles is going to be in.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 10-06-2017 at 12:09 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    This was a great statement, the venom blast/sting complaint is annoying; it was started by Peter fans who not only hated Miles but didn't like that Miles had his own unique abilities b/c they believed his abilities would help him get pushed over Peter. And now for some reason the words that they have said and used to justify their hate of Miles is being parroted by Miles fans who like/love the character which seems kind of stockholm syndrome-y.

And despite the numerous posts created by Peter fans complaining about the venom sting that I and a few other have responded to with facts, particularly with me I know I listed every fight Miles ever had, which of those fights he used venom sting for, why for some it was effective, and not for others, and if events effected the way it was used, but I guess it's easier to ignore something factual than consider it.

And like you stated the complaint is truly like the Nickelback meme since everytime it's brought up, how it's used or have been used is always an exaggeration and everything else that Miles does/did in that issue doesn't matter b/c he's apparently not allowed to use that ability ever.

Personally for me, I'm also gonna start parroting a phrase that is said across message boards the world over in many forms:

"Don't like, don't read."
    I just think it's becoming a weak story device to quickly finish a fight or take out a big bad guy without having to show Miles convincingly come up with a way to beat them normally. Not to mention it's slowly becoming even more powerful over time that he can even make a widespread blast with it.

Maybe there is an exaggeration as to how much it is used by Miles to finish a fight, but I think it's used to enough of a degree to where people can take an issue with it.

But that's just my two cents on it.
    Do we have heroes around Miles age who could be a part of his future organization, I think so far Miles age group are just superheroes, there aren't any other young heroes I can see dabbling in the same sub hero genre Miles is going to be in.
    The Nadia Wasp, since she was trained by the Red Room, though I don't think she'd ever want to dabble in that life ever again (which I believe came up in Secret Empire).

Ms. Marvel is a possibility as well, partly due to her ability to shapeshift. Look at the Attilan Rising mini from Secret Wars. There, we see an adult Kamala, whose family has been killed, working espionage for the Inhumans. She impersonates Tony Stark at one point.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Inhuman...Rising_Vol_1_2
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Kamala_Khan_(Earth-61610)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ms. Marvel is a possibility as well, partly due to her ability to shapeshift. Look at the Attilan Rising mini from Secret Wars. There, we see an adult Kamala, whose family has been killed, working espionage for the Inhumans. She impersonates Tony Stark at one point.
    But they never bring up that she can shapeshift anymore .

This whole thing has me so excited for what's to come. I have to wonder though how is Miles going to get around? I can't imagine he'll be webbing himself to the side of a plane every time. Also if he's working with Cable you know pouches are incoming if there is any costume alteration.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    This whole thing has me so excited for what's to come. I have to wonder though how is Miles going to get around? I can't imagine he'll be webbing himself to the side of a plane every time. Also if he's working with Cable you know pouches are incoming if there is any costume alteration.
    Cable can probably give him a teleporter

Pouches and a jacket. Maybe a ginormous gun.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I honestly wouldn't be too opposed to maybe a pouch belt. I've brought it up before but sometimes I feel like Miles' lower half is a bit barren, it would of course all depend on how it looked nothing too complicated.

They final showed Miles', McKone Legacy Headshot variant for his legacy issue in November. Was worried he would be fully masked but lo and behold, a head shot in the traditional half mask Spidey fashion. Can't wait to see Sanford Greene's variant cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

This gets me excited for the possible team Miles would lead. I'm assuming in the future he'll be using something like Stark Industries facial redesign technology, that'll make him look like a different person, cause you can't tell me it's a good idea to do spy work in countries that are homogeneous without catching some attention, so he might as well have that for any country he visits.

I think we're all aware that he can just costume up and get the necessary info he needs, but you also get information by interacting with the very same people you're taking down so I would definitely need that technology to exist if we ever see the extent of what Miles will become, besides Miles already has a problem with quite a few people knowing his civilian identity so this will eliviate that and avoid the whole "loved ones in danger b/c I know who you are" trope ...at least for a while.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 10-06-2017 at 12:44 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I definitely going to be great watching how Miles makes his way in the spy game, and it'll be a lot of fun seeing him getting more smooth out of costume when he;s out on missions. It'll also be cool seeing how he makes use of both his powers and whatever tech he ends up with while on the job.