Page 229 of 347 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 5196
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    spoilers:
    I really liked this issue, the drama between Lana and Lori is pretty cool to see.

Aaron being the Iron-Spider was expected but great to see none the less and it looks like he remembers the ultimate universe as well, so that an interesting dynamic to add.

My main complaint was Fabio's reason for running off was kinda weak, he's only met Lana once on panel and her liking Miles was enough to make him run off? That's kinda lame.

Also Miles and Barbra are suddenly dating when we literally just met he in Spider-Men II there wasn't much build up for this relationship, but at least they're not super into each other like they've been together for years.

I love the Iron-Spider armor, the color's great, the spider insignia is great, and most of all it has four legs so don't have to think about how inefficient three legged movement is.
    end of spoilers
    My guess is that Lana will team up with her mother when she learns that Miles is dating Barbara and gets her heart broken..

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    My guess is that Lana will team up with her mother when she learns that Miles is dating Barbara and gets her heart broken..
    I hope not, that'd be kinda weak. Lori did show how controlling she could be in this issue so it could be a case of working with her or ending up on the street.

Between Generations, Peter's words in Spider-Men II, and some of the recent chapters Bendis is really implying heavily that Miles wont be Spider-Man anymore soon.

Do you all think that the terget of the heist might tie into the whole 'future of international espionage" thing that Cable brought up? I think it would be really cool considering all the secrets in that thing.
    Bingo. Fits together really well.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Mighty Member

I hope not, that'd be kinda weak. Lori did show how controlling she could be in this issue so it could be a case of working with her or ending up on the street.
    Lori and Lana seem to be teaming up against Miles in future issues.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Lori and Lana seem to be teaming up against Miles in future issues.
    True but it could still be a matter of Lori giving Lana the ultimatum of either working with her or ending up homeless.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Other SpiderMan View Post
    Between Generations, Peter's words in Spider-Men II, and some of the recent chapters Bendis is really implying heavily that Miles wont be Spider-Man anymore soon.
    I highly doubt that, most likely it's just setup for a curveball because he knows Miles needs to be spider man. Essentially it's just a road to self discovery as to how he can make spider man his own instead of just putting on a costume.

I really like that interpretation, that's good thinking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    This series is on fire - I'm having so much fun reading it!
    Yes! Same here - Bendis has been killing it on this book for months and today's issue was especially good.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yes! Same here - Bendis has been killing it on this book for months and today's issue was especially good.
    This my friend is what happens when, Bendis is not hampered down with constant major event tie-ins and crossovers (I still like the Sitting In a Tree crossover though) he's had to constantly work into his stories which seems to have been happening since Miles was first introduced. He's gone on record saying he was planning this stuff for years, now he finally has some real breathing room to implement them.

And yeah I don't think Miles is going to stop being "Spider-Man" per say. Maybe a name change at the most. Or he may just start doing things differently than Peter. It would definitely work with all that international spy foreshadowing Cable did in the last issue. Maybe he plans to take Miles under his wing or something and the two will have a time travel training montage arc. Maybe they'll even work Tomoe into it as Miles' femme fatale underworld contact. Every great super spy needs a great femme fatale underworld contact, its like international espionage law or something for movies and comics.

I can't be the only one not feeling this Goldballs/Lana thing
    We need better comics

Incredible Member

So the book has improved? I adored the first two issues, but it got way off track from there.

Maybe I'll hop back in if it's up to the quality of his Ultimate Spider-Man work.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    This my friend is what happens when, Bendis is not hampered down with constant major event tie-ins and crossovers (I still like the Sitting In a Tree crossover though) he's had to constantly work into his stories which seems to have been happening since Miles was first introduced. He's gone on record saying he was planning this stuff for years, now he finally has some real breathing room to implement them.

And yeah I don't think Miles is going to stop being "Spider-Man" per say. Maybe a name change at the most. Or he may just start doing things differently than Peter. It would definitely work with all that international spy foreshadowing Cable did in the last issue. Maybe he plans to take Miles under his wing or something and the two will have a time travel training montage arc. Maybe they'll even work Tomoe into it as Miles' femme fatale underworld contact. Every great super spy needs a great femme fatale underworld contact, its like international espionage law or something for movies and comics.
    I'm trying to enjoy the moment while we're in it, but part of me is dreading the inevitable return to crossover country for Miles. Maybe this approach will be such a positive creative experience that it'll get extended. Because right now it is such a joy to read.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I can't be the only one not feeling this Goldballs/Lana thing
    I'm not feeling it either, they spoke once on panel and it was while they were looking for Miles. I also don't know how to feel about Miles and Barbra already dating we just saw them meet in Spider-Men II so there's no relationship build up. Overall with the interactions that have happened in series so far Miles/Lana makes more narrative sense than Goldballs/Lana and Miles/Barbra.

I just thought about it and I know the narrative going on at the moment but did it bother anyone else that Miles went after trouble with no costume at all? I know he being philosophical about his identity but using your powers with no mask is generally just begging for trouble.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Other SpiderMan View Post
    I don't see it happening, the Spider-Man name is honestly the one thing Miles has going for him, without it sales would drop and the book would get canned.