Page 240 of 347 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 5196
    Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Salt shakers at the ready friends.

BC claim to have the real reasons Bendis walked...and one of them apparently involves Miles' book becoming a third book for Peter sometime in 2018

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...vel-dc-comics/
    If true why would PP need a third book. Or 4th if you count the Deadpool one. Didn't they just cancel Spidey?

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    If true why would PP need a third book. Or 4th if you count the Deadpool one. Didn't they just cancel Spidey?
    Or fifth if you count Renew Your Vows.

Though there've been rumors they might revive Friendly Neighborhood to give to either Nick Spencer or to spin Slott off of.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or fifth if you count Renew Your Vows.

Though there've been rumors they might revive Friendly Neighborhood to give to either Nick Spencer or to spin Slott off of.
    I do think Spencer has some unannounced projects at Marvel, but I don't think Marvel wants to rock the boat too much right now. They probably want to keep Slott on ASM as long as they possibly can. So if a Spencer written Spider-book actually is happening, I think it would be another satellite title.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I do think Spencer has some unannounced projects at Marvel, but I don't think Marvel wants to rock the boat too much right now. They probably want to keep Slott on ASM as long as they possibly can. So if a Spencer written Spider-book actually is happening, I think it would be another satellite title.
    I'm thinking Spencer will probably wind up taking over Iron Man.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 11-08-2017 at 11:44 AM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

I'm very sceptical of the BC rumour about Peter taking Miles' title. Would Marvel really try and run 3 books at once for Peter, given that sales for ASM are already not stellar?

Also, the title 'Miles Morales: Spider-man' sucks. It reminds us of the most uninspired era in Ultimate Spider-Man history (MM:USM #1-12). They'd be better off returning Miles to the name 'Ultimate Spider-Man' - he's still from the UU even if he's had his life rewritten into 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    I'm very sceptical of the BC rumour about Peter taking Miles' title. Would Marvel really try and run 3 books at once for Peter, given that sales for ASM are already not stellar?

Also, the title 'Miles Morales: Spider-man' sucks. It reminds us of the most uninspired era in Ultimate Spider-Man history (MM:USM #1-12). They'd be better off returning Miles to the name 'Ultimate Spider-Man' - he's still from the UU even if he's had his life rewritten into 616.
    ASM is the best-selling Marvel Universe ongoing, so a third Peter Parker title is more justified than pretty much any other spinoff.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    ASM is the best-selling Marvel Universe ongoing, so a third Peter Parker title is more justified than pretty much any other spinoff.
    Not to mention the books starring Peter are the better-selling Spider-titles, next to Miles and Gwen's books.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Hmmmm... I can’t really believe this claim. Bleeding Cool does have a tendency at times to write rumor articles like that were facts so yeah, you pretty much have to read this with a big pinch of salt. And this whole article just screams “accusations and rumors” rather than actual fact. Also the writer claims that Miles series title, “Spider-Man” would go to Peter, and his would be changed to “Miles Morales: Spider-Man”. Again might not be true but we’ll find out next year anyway right. Still going to read Miles either way.
    We wrote this rumour as rumour! But it was well sourced from people close to and at the meeting in question, from multiple sources. If it's speculation, I'll say so, this was not that.

Incredible Member

And this is speculation... what if ASM goes monthly? And Nick Spencer writes Spider-Man? Or Nick writes Amazing and Slott writes Spider-Man?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, a lot of the gossip in the article doesn't seem all that mind-bending or dramatic, just a guy who misses his friends and the cheques weren't getting bigger...very human stuff.
    Exactly. Often the way.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    And this is speculation... what if ASM goes monthly? And Nick Spencer writes Spider-Man? Or Nick writes Amazing and Slott writes Spider-Man?
    Oh so MM:Spider-Man is definitely coming? Really don't know why not just call it Ultimate Spider-Man?
    Well this is discussion for mother thread. I guess rumors on who's writing Miles next will come straight from you.

BANNED

That completely goes against the narrative that Marvel is self sabotaging Peter and that due to mental gymnastics Miles further helps devalue both Parker and Spider-Man

Bendis stating that new voices (plural and in caps) will be writing for Miles!

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...32904841019393
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

This is definitely good to hear, but definitely going to need to hear that the art is still going to be on par with everything we've had so far. The art's always been amazing on this book and hate to see that change.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Oh so MM:Spider-Man is definitely coming? Really don't know why not just call it Ultimate Spider-Man?
    Well this is discussion for mother thread. I guess rumors on who's writing Miles next will come straight from you.
    That was even the title for the episode Miles got his powers in for Marvel's Spider-Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    Bendis stating that new voices (plural and in caps) will be writing for Miles!

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...32904841019393
    That probably means a new writer for his solo and maybe new writer writing him in a team book?

I wonder if they might also try and give Miles his own satellite book in-time for the animated movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    This is definitely good to hear, but definitely going to need to hear that the art is still going to be on par with everything we've had so far. The art's always been amazing on this book and hate to see that change.
    I'm curious how many people Bendis is going to take with him to DC.