Page 260 of 347 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 5196

Leo I hope you change your mind about this being the last time you post in this thread although I may not be far behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Other SpiderMan View Post
    Only thing I really didn't like was the logo design but other than the trailer exceeded my expectations. Glad he's being called Spider-Man.
    The logo is not good and looks sloppy, it screams them trying to think of something hip and urban.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Maybe the logo looks like that because it's a homemade version, I haven't gone over everything in detail but it did look like he was still wearing shorts in some shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here it is

Don't know how to feel about the chest logo.
    Everytime that Bendis isn't involved with Miles I'm sold. This is no exception. Not sure about the Spider-Verse aspect of this, but the look of this was mindblowing and I'm kinda hopeful that they are giving Miles a new origin here. Also, sold in his new costume. It looks bad ass and the animation is incredible. Killer use of Vince Staples music here, same for Black Panther.

I'm still kinda of worried for the Spider-Verse aspect of this, but first impression from the teaser itself is amazing.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

This discussion about Miles being Spider-Man/not being Spider-Man is interesting couldn't come at a better time. The movie makes it clear there can another Spider-Man but I guess that's a problem with comicbook books. There's a status quo but for TV and movies things can actually change.

Maybe the logo looks like that because it's a homemade version, I haven't gone over everything in detail but it did look like he was still wearing shorts in some shots.
    It looks too much like his normal suit to be a homemade version in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    This discussion about Miles being Spider-Man/not being Spider-Man is interesting couldn't come at a better time. The movie makes it clear there can another Spider-Man but I guess that's a problem with comicbook books. There's a status quo but for TV and movies things can actually change.
    Though they're also pushing the alternate reality with a dead Peter Parker status quo for Miles, which seems to be the only place he can be just Spider-Man outside the comics.

We don't know yet but at the end of the trailer when he's talking to who I assume is Peter he's wearing a suit that's similar to Peter's. If that's around the time he first gets his powers then it's similar to his origin story and how he used a Peter Parker costume at first so the black suit might be the finished product if the story is similar.
    Last edited by The Other SpiderMan; 12-09-2017 at 01:45 PM.

I saw someone mention that on the giant sign Miles falls in front of in the trailer has the name Fisk on it, so maybe were getting Kingpin as primary bad guy. It would make sense we see Miles chasing Aaron so maybe Fisk hired Aaron to steal something for him. I could also really see Schreiber play a very good Kingpin.

I saw someone mention that on the giant sign Miles falls in front of in the trailer has the name Fisk on it, so maybe were getting Kingpin as primary bad guy. It would make sense we see Miles chasing Aaron so maybe Fisk hired Aaron to steal something for him. I could also really see Schreiber play a very good Kingpin.
    The teaser a while back also apparently had Aaron stealing a Green Goblin statue, and he's the one who killed Peter Parker in the Ultimate Universe.

I could see Schreiber as Fisk or Osborn, though I'd lean more towards the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The teaser a while back also apparently had Aaron stealing a Green Goblin statue, and he's the one who killed Peter Parker in the Ultimate Universe.

I could see Schreiber as Fisk or Osborn, though I'd lean more towards the latter.
    I always did expect a Miles vs. Norman battle in Ultimate Spider-Man. And we sort of did get that in the comics. But it was a little different than I thought it would be. I wouldn't be surprised if this film version is more like I thought it would originally be.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Wow that looks good

Now I gotta find a way to go see this when it comes out without looking like a creep
    Go to the EARLIEST showing which tends to be when the theater opens.

I do not wait till evening to see movies-I got as early as I can and pay a lower price.

Would you guys say that Miles is 3d animated, claymated (clay animation), or a combo of both, not talking about the background/setting of the trailer.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Would you guys say that Miles is 3d animated, claymated (clay animation), or a combo of both, not talking about the background/setting of the trailer.

3D animated, I kinda wonder if they’ve picked up some of the animators from the defunct Imagi Studios( Astro Boy & TMNT )

It reminded me of the style they used for the Peanuts animated film - kind of a CG stop-motion. So beautiful, loved the homage to the Miles Morales #1 variant (also the cover of the omnibus) and the music was perfect. Plus Miles rocking Jordans looked sweet. The teaser was perfectly executed and makes it clear that a lot of love went into getting this *right*.

December 2018 can't get here fast enough. I'll see you guys there opening day.

EDIT: Two more things:

1) The next writer of the series will have a big job to get the story somewhere where it's reasonably in sync with the movie.

2) Bendis just had a terrible health scare (MRSA) and nearly died this week. Best wishes to him for a safe recovery: https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...36817673854976
    Last edited by Project37; 12-09-2017 at 05:34 PM.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Makes me happier about the timing of Miles and Jessica's trailers dropping. Get well soon Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    2) Bendis just had a terrible health scare (MRSA) and nearly died this week. Best wishes to him for a safe recovery: https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...36817673854976
    Oh wow, that's scary...my best wishes to Mr. Bendis and his family towards his recovery.