Page 269 of 347 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 5196
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I get what Bendis was trying to do, but this mini just fell completely flat for me.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Feels like the only reason Spider-Men 2 was written was to show off the Ultimate Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    The UU in this #5 of Spider-Men is obviously radically different from the one we knew; Giant Man's alive, for some reason we have knock-off Iron Man, Hulk is friendly, and everyone is several years older now. And considering the central role Miles played in the later years of the UU, how has his absence affected things? Do people remember him, or has he been erased from history? Did Peter even die in this UU?
    My first thought was that the Ultimate Universe, in the wake of Miles being transplanted to another universe, course-corrected by keeping Peter as Spider-Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Anyone else disappointed the whole two Barbra's thing was just a coincidence? The two of them having the same name had no meaning whatsoever.
    I thought it was just weird, or Bendis going for symbolism or something thematic and it just kind of not working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    I feel like this overall was a let down compared to the first Spider-Men, very let down. With Bendis leaving I can’t see marvel really going anywhere with that ending on the UU side and Miles side. Having Miles take a new name may be less profitable for them. As well as trying to explore this new UU not profitable.
    There's a part of me that can't help but think this is going to provide some kind of way for Marvel to do teenage Peter Parker stories now that the Ultimate Universe is back, even if the new UU Peter looked older.

I also wonder what Bendis including Riri in there is supposed to signify?
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I get what Bendis was trying to do, but this mini just fell completely flat for me.
    It just felt like there was a lot going on that never really came together.

I guess for Miles we saw him get a new love interest, even if the relationship still feels really underdeveloped and just kind of random to see inserted into the actual Spider-Man title.

And thematically Bendis is continuing the thread of Miles trying to find something unique to himself and not being defined by Spider-Man or his 616-self. All this seems to be building-up to Miles getting a new identity but I'm not sure if that will actually go anywhere.

Bendis talked about how we would see Peter responding to the idea of his "legacy" and all the other Spiders out there but, aside from one or two lines, that never really happened.

The other Miles, while interesting, completely took over the narrative and his storyline overall just felt like an excuse to show the Ultimate Universe is still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also wonder what Bendis including Riri in there is supposed to signify?
    Bendis mentioned that Iron Man 600 would be a major issue (and his final one for Marvel) - perhaps he'll touch on that a little bit more over there?

I'm admittedly still stinging from this a little bit. Salt in the wound to see the digital trade up for pre-order at $5.99 (marked down from $8.99). Hindsight is 20/20/; I could have waited until March to read this as it wasn't entirely successful in lining up with the main series anyway.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Here's some art from manga artist Kotoyama

Here's some art from manga artist Kotoyama
    Nice to see our boy Miles get some love from the land of the rising sun. Especially considering just how popular Spider-Man is over there.

Stunning image. Between the fan art, the amazing trailer, and Bendis' enthusiasm, this movie can't get here fast enough for me.

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...for-spider-man
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!

The title screen to the retro sprite game we never knew we wanted to be real so bad. Art by “Seizure Art”.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Grimm911; 12-29-2017 at 07:28 AM.

BANNED

Ed Brisson (Iron Fist, Cable) is a strong contender to take over one of the vacated Bendis books

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12...titles-marvel/

That could be pretty cool, considering Cable's recent appearance.

My guess is Brisson gets Iron Man. I'm thinking more and more it'll be Jason Reynolds for Miles. How long he'll last is a different story, but I think from a creative and business standpoint, it would give Miles and Marvel the highest possible push as far as attracting attention from mainstream audiences. Put the title "from award winning YA author Jason Reynolds" in the promotion, and 2018 will be golden for the kid from Brooklyn.

That could be pretty cool, considering Cable's recent appearance.
    That's really the only legitimate connection I can see that would make him a likely choice to take over.

Quality of his work aside (he seems to be a very popular writer), he would seem like a random choice for Spider-Man.

Is it too late for Robert Kirkman to take over?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Is it too late for Robert Kirkman to take over?
    With his current relationship with Marvel? Probably .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's really the only legitimate connection I can see that would make him a likely choice to take over.

Quality of his work aside (he seems to be a very popular writer), he would seem like a random choice for Spider-Man.
    Whichever book he's taking, he's ditching Cable for it. So no, that doesn't make him any more likely than otherwise. I agree that he's more likely to be doing Tony than Miles. He described the new book as a bucket list one. It sounds like it'd be one of the decades old mainstays, not something that launched relatively recently.