Page 272 of 347 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 5196

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Comicbook.com posted this picture talking about the Ganke/Ned joke while he talked to Danika and said it was from issue #236, the problem is this scene wasn't in the issue. It's in the same location but they're having a different conversation.

So, possibly from a future issue?
    No, it's from the previous arc.

Do you know which issue? It's weird because she called him Ned in the most recent issue.

Amazing Member

I'm still butthurt from Bendis leaving. I hope he's better now though.

Comicbook.com posted this picture talking about the Ganke/Ned joke while he talked to Danika and said it was from issue #236, the problem is this scene wasn't in the issue. It's in the same location but they're having a different conversation.

So, possibly from a future issue?
    I got a digital version from Comixology and that scene is definitely in issue 236. Here's the page:

https://i.imgur.com/dIqyZ1l.png

Poor Ganke!
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

That's super weird because I never saw that page, also this just makes me even more suspicious of Danika. If that last panel is foreshadowing I don't know what is. It also does two things, it strengthens Ganke and Danika's relationship and also makes finding out Miles is Spider-Man as easy as looking up Ganke's social media page.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 01-04-2018 at 07:34 PM.

So it has occurred to me that in the very near future Miles will need all the support he can get. Perhaps I'm just being a pessimist but with a new writer, new name, and presumably new title I have a horrible feeling that should this new direction fail even in the slightest Marvel will use that as an excuse to bury the character. Again maybe I'm being overly pessimistic and everything will be fine. That being said there's still the movie this year and his appearances in the new Spider-Man show, though I haven't taken time to watch it yet. More video game appearances for Miles would be great too.
    Last edited by ZeonsSilverStar; 01-04-2018 at 07:45 PM.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

I wonder if Champions will end up spoiling the solo by revealing some of those changes early?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    So it has occurred to me that in the very near future Miles will need all the support he can get. Perhaps I'm just being a pessimist but with a new writer, new name, and presumably new title I have a horrible feeling that should this new direction fail even in the slightest Marvel will use that as an excuse to bury the character. Again maybe I'm being overly pessimistic and everything will be fine. That being said there's still the movie this year and his appearances in the new Spider-Man show, though I haven't taken time to watch it yet. More video game appearances for Miles would be great too.
    I understand, but I think he has a strong chance with the movie, video game appearances, etc he has a stronger chance than others that have been in his position. I'm hoping the changes they're making are being done to give Miles even more staying power because they know he makes money so they want to keep him around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if Champions will end up spoiling the solo by revealing some of those changes early?
    That would require Waid giving Miles any real attention, we don't even know when his energy webbing will start appearing in other places.

I understand, but I think he has a strong chance with the movie, video game appearances, etc he has a stronger chance than others that have been in his position. I'm hoping the changes they're making are being done to give Miles even more staying power because they know he makes money so they want to keep him around.
    Time will ultimately tell but I do have a good feeling about the movie, plus a movie means merchandise. The upcoming Spider-Man game should make for some good exposure too depending on what role Miles plays in it. While on the subject of games I'm kinda disappointed that Miles wasn't at least referenced in MVCI. While it's doubtful that he would've been playable, unless Capcom did some sort of Injustice 2 type premier skin deal, the acknowledgement would've been nice. Hell Spider-Man has colors referencing Spider-Gwen, Superior Spider-Man, and Spinneret in the game. Of course that's no substitute for being playable.
    Last edited by ZeonsSilverStar; 01-04-2018 at 08:41 PM.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    As for the new writer I think it’s pretty much in the bag that it’s Jason Reynolds. With Bendis gone and other big name writers soon leaving or working on their own stuff Marvel absolutely needs to inject some new big name writers back into the house of ideas.
    I *REALLY* hope so. That novel is all kinds of wonderful in terms of realizing Miles and his supporting cast as individuals. He'd be the perfect voice to breathe new life into the series and attract a lot of attention from a wider range of readers.

Jason recently posted this screenshot of his messy desktop. Lots of names/notes from his other novels but it's worth noting that the name "Miles Morales" is on a lot of documents, including "Slick Talk", "Squad Goals", and something called "COTE" and "SOTE". These could be notes from his Miles novel, but wishful thinking (especially for "COTE/SOTE"): Maybe they're notes for a sequel novel or even more exciting, a first comic book arc?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdQ15pwnM2x/
    Last edited by Project37; 01-05-2018 at 04:47 AM.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!

That says SOTEcho.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That says SOTEcho.
    It seems to say SOTEchp1ROUGH. Again, wishful thinking, but who knows?

Sorry if I somehow missed this earlier, but do you think that Miles will go on hiatus for a little while once Bendis is done? Maybe relaunch this fall to gear up for the movie? Maybe there's no new writer in place yet...?

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    Sorry if I somehow missed this earlier, but do you think that Miles will go on hiatus for a little while once Bendis is done? Maybe relaunch this fall to gear up for the movie? Maybe there's no new writer in place yet...?
    That's a real possibility, especially if it's delayed due to Bendis' illness.

Well as long as they build up the hype with news and interviews with the new creative team, maybe a Marvel Q&A video or two detailing what people can epect like they did with, Ta-Nehisi Coates and Black Panther, then I think the creative team will have a strong start despite a possible delay or hiatus.

I don't think so, as far as I know we haven't gotten any confirmation on who's taking over any of Bendis' books. Benids' last issue is in April so that's eight months until the movie, I assume they'd want as much exclusively Miles stuff as possible out by then because unfortunately a lot of the current run is crossover stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    That's a real possibility, especially if it's delayed due to Bendis' illness.

Well as long as they build up the hype with news and interviews with the new creative team, maybe a Marvel Q&A video or two detailing what people can epect like they did with, Ta-Nehisi Coates and Black Panther, then I think the creative team will have a strong start despite a possible delay or hiatus.
    I could get behind this though.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 01-07-2018 at 01:56 PM.